Mint

Anpu

Layalina Mint

Setup: 36" SS Egyptian, large SS bowl packed pretty tightly, 3K coals, sets of two or 2 small, 3 large pieces at a time. Water in base almost 2" above the stem.

Cut/Smell: Medium red leaves, STRONG mint flavor - almost strong enough to make you turn away when you sniff it.   Few stems. Very moist.

Smoke: Nice thick smoke - this stuff takes a good bit of heat and doesn't burn very easily, something I find important in any shisha.

Buzz: I was smokin pretty much solo and puffin away because I got good flavor out of this stuff so I got pretty buzzed there for about half an hour.

Flavor: Nice, pleasant mint flavor. Not extremely strong but definately nice and minty. Flavor faded a lil after about an hour but was still there. I very well may buy a tub of this stuff if I don't find a better one soon which is unlikely. This is the first time I've gotten good flavor out of my personal hookah.

Overall: 8.5/10 - smoke could've been a LIL thicker and I prefer my mints to be completely 'in your face' flavor but I can't complain about anything with this ma'assel.

• 1 month later...
Layalina Mint

Setup: 30" Anonymous Glass Artist (basically a standard egyptian style pipe). Water about 1.5" above the bottom of the stem.

Sense: Not too gooey, yet very easy to separate with a relavent scent of mint. I didn't see too many stems either.

Smoke: The smoke was good, pretty nice clouds...me likeeee lol

Buzz: Ive smoked it countless times alone and when i do constant drags i can get a pretty pleasent (for me i like strong) sort of "have to lay your head back what a nice smoke" buzz not too huge but nice to feel it.

Flavor: the mint flavor was definetly present without much heat (one full centered 3k) nice flavor

Overall: 8/10 - it was a good smoke, good flavor, nice cool package you can use for whatever, not a bad price, and a pleasent buzz

Art Official

• 4 months later...
Layalina Mint

Setup: 22" mya, mya qt, smiley's 15 dollar kit, or SS mini egyptian.

Bowl: tangiers funnel bowl or tangiers wide bowls

Coals: three kings

Smell: smells like mint! what do you know..

Cut: normal layalina cut

Smoke Thickenss: 8/10

Flavour: I usually mix it with another flavor like peach, rasberry, blueberry, or orange

Buzz: no buzz

Duration: 2 hours

Overall: 9/10 my favorite mint brand. It is def. a good mixer

• 1 month later...
Layalina Mint

Set-up:
- 32" Egyptian, ice water in base
- Glass bowl (not smiley's)
- 3 Canary Golden Japs
- Metal Screen

Smell:
Strong Mint

Taste:
A very decent mint. It wasn't awesome, but definitly something to keep if I can't find a better mint.

Buzz:
A very slight buzz.

8/10 smoke wasn't that thick

• 3 weeks later...
LAYALINA MINT

Setup: 27" Mya Saray with standard bowl, 3 Kings coals, and ice water

Flavor: Not too minty, but perfect for mixing.

Smoke: Nice, big, white clouds

Buzz: only enough to have that "body relaxation" feeling

Duration: We smoked it about 30 minutes before changing the bowl out.

Overall Rating: 10/10. It's not too minty to smoke alone, and it's also good for mixing. Definitely would give it a try.

TX

• 7 months later...
Laylina Mint

If you expect this to taste or smell like minty gum, then you are in for a surprise. It smells and tastes exactly like the mint plant that you find in nature. When i was a kid, my older brother would take me out on the ranch that we lived on and he would teach me about the things in nature that you can eat and the ones that you cannot. he picked up a leaf from a mint plant by the creek and told me, " i know it looks like it would taste like grass, and i know i just picked it up from beside this muddy creek, but if you chew it for a few secconds, you'll like it, i promise." i thought it was a prank or something, but i went ahead and did it anyway. To my surprise, it tasted amazingly good! This Laylina Mint tobacco takes me way back to that day. Very, very acurate flavor. not sweet, like sugar. just very minty. i like it a lot for that reason. it's sweet, but not sweet in a candy-like sort of way that many other shisha's taste like. it's a sweet that is a little more subtle. great stuff. good for mixing with other flavors, too.

Laylina is washed, but has a 0.5% nicotine, just like unwashed tobacco. very cool, i think. you get this nice buzz. since it's washed, it allows you to suck it down faster without being so harsh. this allows the nicotine to get into your system quicker and give you a buzz. nice smile.gif Edited by Dom

• 2 months later...
Hookah.gif Layalina Mint Hookah.gif

Setup: Al Amir 16" hookah, no frills whatsoever, regular foil, two 3k quicklites, just water in vase

Packaging: medium sized box (250g), plastic tub, containing the shisha double-packed in two unresealable bags

Appearance: Dark green, oozing goodness. I could wring more juice out of both bags even. Medium cut. LOTS of stems, more than usual for Layalina, but it's probably just the batch.

Smell: Almost like Chocomint. A very refreshing smell.

Taste: WONDERFUL. Cooling sensation in and out. A great mix of sweet mint and leafy mint. Absolutely delicious.

Smoke:

Not too bad.

Buzz: not as strong as Layalina usually gives, but mild, complements the refreshing taste well.

Longevity: can't say, still workin on it wink.gif EDIT: I lied. Full 2 to 2.5 hours off of one bowl. Perfect flavor the whole time, too.

Overall: EDIT: 10/10. Very very nice. Honestly the stemminess didn't bother me so much, but -- the buzz creeped up on me, and was pretty good after a while, and the longevity was absolutely perfect. So glad I got a 250g tub of this biggrin.gif Edited by Cube

• 2 years later...
[color="#00ff00"]Layalina Mint[/color]

Hookah: SS Junior
Bowl: Medium Phunnel
Screen/foil: Reynolds Foil
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Three Kings
Base Liquid: Ice and H2O

Appearance: Dark Black. Soaking in Juices. No dye!
Cut: Medium, few stems to pick out.
Taste: Very very good! Like your eating an andes bar!
Smoke: Thick!
Buzz: Little buzz.
Duration: Packed a AF DA at 27g /w Laya Mint 3G and we had about a 2 hour bowl with 3 people smoking.

Overall: 9.5/10
Greatttt Mint mixer. Smells fantastic. Very strong though. Be careful that you don't mix in too much, because the taste is very powerful!
I am going to keep 50g on hand for mixing purposes.