DIY Vase Rotator Base

oh man, I am new to hookahs but mcGyvering is something I have been doing a while. Check the pics on myspace.I was just a poor kid and if I hadn't been born a boy I wouldn't have had nothin' to play with. So I have just tore up shit ever since

[quote name='Scalliwag'] [quote name='MilqueToast'] You get even more brownie points now, Scalli.[/quote] YUMM YUMM!!! Feed me brownies and I love you longtime!!! [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />Added more pics up there. I still have to get a battery case to mount to make it cordless. This is an under $20 project once all the parts are in. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> I am supposed to take my stem to Giza and he is gonna fix me up with a better vase for this setup for $15. Then I can shelve the Dubai one and not worry about dick'n up the paint and all.[/quote] No, seriously. I agree with the McGuyver comment. Dude could make a bomb out of a stick of gum and toothpicks. You can make coolness for less than $20 -AND- have a nifty vase from Dubai left over. If that's not superhero times Chuck Norris to the umpteenth power, I don't know what is.*feeds you molto brownies*

[quote name='ghostofdavid']I hope girls are allowed.[/quote] Brutha I have a wife and three daughters..... ARGHHHHH!!!! To say girls are allowed in my house is a given. There have been times I was not allowed in my house but only cuz I do goofy shit to piss them off Little do they know I am just trying to get out anyways... It is called "Running your household covertly" by Scalliwag

[quote name='MilqueToast'] No, seriously. I agree with the McGuyver comment. Dude could make a bomb out of a stick of gum and toothpicks. You can make coolness for less than $20 -AND- have a nifty vase from Dubai left over. If that's not superhero times Chuck Norris to the umpteenth power, I don't know what is.  *feeds you molto brownies*[/quote] Nah, my Pop was the shit now when it came to making stuff. He was the smartest man I ever knew. Actually when I was a kid he was a total dumbass and then when I was about 18 he was the smartest guy I ever met. How the hell he learned so muh in such a short time still amazes me Actually that is a take on something one of my favorite people, Samuel Clemmons said about his Dad.But my Dad was the most resourceful person that really could make anything out of anything and built some really bad ass cars that made my RX8 look like a pile. I miss that fugger.

[quote name='Scalliwag'] [quote name='MilqueToast']  No, seriously. I agree with the McGuyver comment. Dude could make a bomb out of a stick of gum and toothpicks. You can make coolness for less than $20 -AND- have a nifty vase from Dubai left over. If that's not superhero times Chuck Norris to the umpteenth power, I don't know what is.  *feeds you molto brownies*[/quote] Nah, my Pop was the shit now when it came to making stuff. He was the smartest man I ever knew. Actually when I was a kid he was a total dumbass and then when I was about 18 he was the smartest guy I ever met. How the hell he learned so muh in such a short time still amazes me [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" /> Actually that is a take on something one of my favorite people, Samuel Clemmons said about his Dad.But my Dad was the most resourceful person that really could make anything out of anything and built some really bad ass cars that made my RX8 look like a pile. I miss that fugger.[/quote] My grandfather was the shiznit when it came to building stuff. He made a ferris wheel for me for my fifth birthday powered on change he found at a car wash and parts he found at a junkyard. The seats were from old vans and the like. It was sooo cool.

[quote name='MilqueToast']My grandfather was the shiznit when it came to building stuff. He made a ferris wheel for me for my fifth birthday powered on change he found at a car wash and parts he found at a junkyard. The seats were from old vans and the like. It was sooo cool.[/quote] Now that is a guy I could have a lot of fun with!

Yea, my grandpa just died last week and I had to go home to do family things. My grandpa was a woodworker and made every possible thing out of wood that you could imagine. He donated all kinds of wooden toys to places around Christmas time and gave his church several things to donate to families who had no money for toys every year. If only I got into hookah sooner, I could have had an heirloom. Rest well, old man.Afterlife or not, he had a pretty good life.

Wow ok now im wondering what everyone from this forum does for a living, cus im an engineer and love physics, chemistry, and computers (yes i'm a nerd) and when i read this post and some posts on the serious discussion board im amazed that people here actually know what their talking about on topics many people only pretend to know about. Thought about starting a topic to see what everyone does but here is a good place to ask, so do tell.

Well, Scalli is a full-time womanizer. I hear he's got four of the creatures living with him at home--AND he claims imminent domain.

• 3 weeks later...
I added the battey holder and feet. So now if I don't want a cord hanging around. I'm in good shape.
Here are the pics

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-41.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-43.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-44.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-48.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-50.jpg

• 7 months later...
QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Oct 3 2006, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I added the battey holder and feet. So now if I don't want a cord hanging around. I'm in good shape.
Here are the pics

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-41.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-43.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-44.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-48.jpg

www.scalliwag.com/hookah/base/roto-50.jpg

did you just super glue the balls on for the feet or did you drill them?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I got the wooden lazy susan from Big Lot's, the feet from Walmart in the craft area, I can't remember where I got the 1/4" diameter X 1" long wood dowels but those are readily available. I "borrowed" the LED base from Ms Scalli. Those are the kind you get for the crystal sculptures. The battery holder and any switches you need from Radio Shack.
With that info your friend should be able to get everything together and build it pretty easily.

I am building a refridgerator, actually a kegerator to look like an antique icebox for my study so it fits in better with my other furniture. I wish this project was as easy or inexpensive.