Base: Unknown
Smell: Traditional Tobacco Smell slight fruit smell
Taste: Fruity, little herb taste and traditional tobacco
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Huge
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From:
hookah1.com

Overall: 8/10 I got this because of the unusual name. It's a traditional beverage in India with fruits and herbs. Added 1tsp of Glycerin and Agave Nectar to get it smoking good. The flavor is very unique and good. Almost a fruity floral taste. It's not for everyone, but I really like it can't wait to try some more!

• 3 years later...

Desi Murli Rooh Afza

Hookah: Elmas 628
Bowl: Standard issue Elmas
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Elmas
Coals: 3 Razan
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very finely cut but not as fine as the dirt-like appearance that I remember from Strawberry Milkshake a few years ago. Pieces a few mm big, but still much finer than anything else I've come across. Quite moist but not dripping or oozing syrup.
Nicotine: 0.5%
Smell: Rich tobacco with a CRAZY DELICIOUS Rooh Afza-esque smell - think floral, fruity, exotic, and delicious.  Notes of rose, pandan, orange or other sweet but also sour citrus, and others. No one thing dominates, very complex. This made my whole room smell wonderful before I even opened the package.
Taste: Just as it smelled, much like the smell if not the taste of the Indian Rooh Afza syrup (see below for more info), plus a very nice rich tobacco note - like Salloum plain but warmer and not harsh or dry at all
Smoke: Decent Clouds, mid-range texture, neither too light or too heavy
Buzz: Strawberry milkshake gave me a mental buzz when I tried it two years ago, but back then I mostly smoked Fakher.  Now, after Tangiers noir, LOTS of Nakhla, and some black stuff, I didn't feel it as much.  I had several friends over and all of them loved it and didnt say a peep about it being strong.
Duration: 2 rounds of Razans

Purchased From: hookah1.com

Overall: 10/10. Perfect. Honestly, one of the best things I've ever nargled (yes, that's a verb  :P).  

Rooh Afza is a sherbet (in the traditional sense of a syrup meant to be mixed with cold water/milk) developed in 1906 in India, and is now produced in India and Pakistan by what was once the same company.  For more info, see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooh_Afza.  I happen to have bottles of both the Indian and Pakistani stuff (see here: http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/45680-desi-murliafzal-fans-i-present-the-real-rooh-afza/), and although it doesn't mimic the taste of the syrup, per se, it comes very close to nailing the scent, which translates perfectly into the smoke.  In any case, the scent of the syrup is more complex and interesting than the taste, which is dominated by its sheer sweetness.  

When I opened the shipping box from Kamal at Hookah1, my whole room smelled divine, largely a result of the Rooh Afza DM in my order.  I can't recommend it highly enough, it is staggeringly good and my guests tonight declared it to the best of the 4 pipes we smoked. It's also cheap as hell, as if the rest weren't good enough.  This will be a staple in my rotation. Superb.