Raspberry

ZooJohnnyZETA

=================
Al-Waha - Raspberry
=================

Appearance : Looks a lot like a chunkier and stringier Al-Fakher to me. Not too many stems and pretty soaked in molasses, but cut in long thin strands in that typical Al-Waha kind of way. Its been a while since I last smoked Al-Waha but this looks pretty much like I remember it looking.

Smell : The closest thing I can relate the smell to is a raspberry cough syrup. Mind you I have never seen nor smelled a raspberry cough syrup, but just imagine a cherry cough syrup that used a raspberry flavoring instead of cherry. The raspberry part smells nice, but the cough syrup aspect (the strongest aspect of the smell) does make me a lil’ nervous about smoking it. But, as they say, the show must go on!

Flavor : If I didn’t know this was supposed to be Raspberry, I would have no idea what this flavor was. Maybe I’ve become jaded in my years of hookah smoking, but I seriously can’t find much of any flavor to speak of in this smoke. It leaves a little aftertaste of something slightly floral, artificial, and vaguely sweet... but theres nothing about this one that tells my brain “raspberry”. This is really about as bland as ma’assell gets when it comes to flavor.

Smoke Density : It was decent at best. Never really got to the level of thickness I find in the likes of Al-Fakher and Nakhla, but it wasn't as thin as a brand like Sultan. Theres really not much to speak of here... it was alright, but just barely passable.

Buzz: Really mild and relaxing... nothing too special though. It did get me mildly buzzed and mellowed out, which somewhat compensated for the sheer lack of anything resembling flavor. Just kinda washed over me with a warm and calming feeling of general wellness.

Overall Impression : I’m gonna be perfectly honest here... I smoked Al-Waha Raspberry for about 15 minutes before I just couldn't take it any longer and needed to smoke something with real flavor. My partner put down the hose and didn’t want any more after about 5 minutes, so I felt I did well holding out as long as I did. To make a long story short emptied all the Al-Waha Raspberry out of the bowl and loaded it up with one of the most flavorful ma’assells I had (in this case I chose Nakhla Orange). After a few minutes with the Nakhla Orange I handed the hose over to my partner and his exclamation of utter delight echoed my feelings to a tee. With that, the remainder of the Al-Waha Raspberry sample was cast down into the depths of the trash can, never to be seen again.

Rating : 1 out of 10 (And a 10 out of 10 for the Nakhla Orange that followed it)

• 9 months later...
Al Waha Raspberry

Smell: Very sweet and kinda berryish

Taste: Be warned, while this can be a decent flavor, it does not taste like raspberries. The taste is dead on blue cotten candy.

Smoke: Good smoke quality

Buzz: So/so

Overall: You gotta like blue cotten candy to like this one. Another odd thing is that it has a blackberry in the picture, not a raspberry. Theres nothing wrong with it other than the obvious.

• 1 month later...
Al Waha Raspberry

Setup: Al-Adjad finger coals, 18" hookah, ice water, metal screen, ceramic bowl.

Cut: Gooey and oozing with honey. One huge stem that I found irritating, the rest was fine.

Smell: In the package it smells optimistically delicious like some berry and chocolate candy. When smoked it smells vaguely sugary.

Buzz: Very inconsistent. Sometimes there was no buzz at all, other times the room started to spin and I felt a bit ill. The inconsistency was strange.

Smoke/Flavor: Smooth with nice white smoke but the flavor left me wanting more. It was nice but nothing like the smell in the package. An okay flavor for a change of pace and worth giving a try but it will not leave you begging for more.

Overal: 5 out of ten Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif Hookah.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif

Add ons: Lemon juice and orange juice added to the water are very nice touches. Also mixed with Soex Pan Masala for a nice twist. Edited by hookah_hoop

• 7 months later...
[color=#006400]Al Waha[/color] [font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#800080]RASPBERRY

[color=#a0522d][font=Verdana][size=2]This was the final session I would partake in from my soon to be retired HC rotator, [/size][/font][color=#006400][font=Verdana][size=2]The Green Mile[/size][/font]

[size=2][font=Verdana][color=#000000][color=#800080]The Lowdown[/color] - For this sentimental and somewhat desperate smoke, as I wait for my new KM to be delivered, I used the ol HC rotator (ghetto rigged with 2 types of tape, some paper towel, and a couple hair ties), my Tangiers Medium Phunnel, and some Exotica coals broken into 1/4's in sets of 2-3. Foil of course. Oh and can't forget the rusting Bob Barker hose.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=2][font=Verdana][color=#000000][color=#800080]The Scent[/color] - I recieved this shisha in a 50g pack as a free sample and read a couple reviews in preperation, so I was expecting the vague fruitiness that I found, and I will say this much, it smelled decent enough. The aroma was somewhere between some blue raspberry bubblegum and perhaps cotton candy. Seemed like something I would have been thrilled to eat at a carnival when I was a kid, if I wasn't so busy eating blue raspberry paint chips that is. This was AFTER I opened the plastic wrap and smelled the most chemical smell I have EVER taken into my nasal passages from a shisha. I gagged. It seemed better after a bit of time out of the package so I decided to wreck that shit like Devestator takin on some weaksauce Autobots.

[color=#800080]The Taste[/color] - Chemical party! Well, through the entire 3 hr session (I was desperate, I don't need to answer to you!) I tasted an inkling of the promised raspberry flavor once, and that glimmer of hope was quickly quashed by harshness and I had to remove a coal. It was strangely soapy at times, and definately held a vague fruity sweetness reminescent of the scent but was not as easily identifiable in taste. The taste was akin to repeatedly licking a fruit flavored rusty dead battery. The rusty hose probably didn't help in the interest of full discretion.

[color=#800080]Overall[/color] - Please don't buy this shit. It was a bittersweet session and only some of that bitterness was due to emotional sentiment at the last voyage of my rotator (for now - zombie rotator anyone?). It was also a very tempermental shisha in regards to heat management. Sometimes 3 coals were perfect, at other times I pared down to one, for weak but unburnt smoke. I hope Al Waha has something decent to offer but based on this horrible offering I wont be sampling their wares anytime soon.[/color]

Happy smoking and may ninjas shuriken all your enemies![/font][/size][/color][/color][/color][/size][/font]

• 1 month later...
Al waha raspberry

setup:
mya qt
2 coco-naras
small standard bowl
reynolds tinfoil
water in base

Cut: few stems, not that bad tho. it didn't seem that moist at all, and dried out quite quickly even tho i stored it in an air-tight container

Smell: BAD - i could tell they were going for raspberry, but it really didn't work and just smelled like a bunch of chemicals.

Taste: just as bad as the smell. i could kinda taste some raspberry, but it wasn't all the time and it wasn't that great either.

Buzz: definite buzz. probably the only positive part.

Smoke: o.k. clouds. not as thick as other brands i've had like starbuzz

Duration: 1.5 hours

Overall: 4/10 - just don't buy this. its gross. i wanted to get raspberry in nakla but they didnt have it, so i settled for this.... bleh

• 10 months later...
AL WAHA Raspberry.
received as a free sample from a local shop.

Setup: 28" Syrian pipe with large ceramic bowl, three coconaras, base filled with cold water, aluminum foil screen.

Appearance: Dyed red, large cut, somewhat juicy.

Smell; Almost no smell, chemical and ketchupy.

Smoke: Average, nothing to brag about.

Taste: ICK!!! I've read the bad reviews but decided to try anyway. NOWHERE was there any berry flavor, just a sickly sweet, almost ketchupy chemical taste. I could only handle it for about 5 minutes.

Overall: 0/10. I don't recommend it even as a mixer, the foul taste would ruin anything you would mix it with. Total fail on this flavor. I cleaned my pipe really well, smoked AF Strawberry after, still had that foul taste. Nasty!

• 4 years later...

Al Waha Raspberry

Hookah: Tokel Tuğralı 
Bowl: Kasbah Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short cut, really wet
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Raspberry
Taste: Not Much
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 2/10 This is a just a disappointment. The smell is slightly raspberry, but the flavor is anything but. It was pretty much nothing.