Watermelon

jordanneff

Al Amir Watermelon

Smell/Flavor: Smells pretty good, not an extremely strong smell, but sorta like a jolly rancher before you start sucking on it (the jolly rancher, not the shisha!). The flavor was dissapointingly not strong at all. More like a cool refreshing smoke with a hint of watermelon. Much more like watermelon candy than actual watermelon (which is good I think).

Cut: This stuff is thick and wet, very wet, the juices get everywhere >.<

Smoke: The smoke can get very thick at times if you have the right heat management, at times it settled in front of one of my eye and I literally just couldnt see in front of that eye haha, but the smoke did dissipate fast (though it may have been the rooms airflow)

Buzz: I didn't really get any buzz at all, which was kind of dissappointing due to the lack of strong flavor

Amount(approx)/Duration: It lasted about an hour and forty minutes, may have gone another 15-20 if I had another coal on there but it wasn't worth it to put another on IMO.

Hookah Type: 22" acrylic, washable hose

Bowl: Regular clay bowl, nothing special

Foil/Screen: Odd kind of foil I got from a coffee shop (I didn't have any foil on hand at the time) but worked fine nonetheless

Coal/Amount: I used 2 coals total. The first one was broken into 4 by accident, then I added 1/2 of the 2nd, and later on the other half

Liquid in Base: Just water, no ice

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 7/10. The flavor was good, just not very strong at all. No buzz at all so that kinda sucked, though the occasional thick smoke was pretty nice. If you just want a cool refreshing smoke then go for it, but if you want serious flavor or serious buzz, this just won't cut it.

• 3 weeks later...
=============
Al-Amir Watermelon
=============

The cut of this ma'assell is the same used in every Al-Amir product. A finely shredded ma'assell very much akin to that of Al-Fakher. A few tiny stems linger about in the sea of dark red flakes drenched in molasses, but it is still near stem free. The mixture is indeed wet, as the bottom 1/3 of the bag is sitting in a pool of sweet sauce.

The smell of this new Al-Amir product is, well, for a lack of a better word... wonderful. Although there are notes of watermelon drifting about in the scent, it is predominantly that of red Hawaiian Punch.
I kid you not people, it smells just like the red Hawaiian Punch tastes.

And now... its time to smoke...

I have smoked this ma'assell once before in my medium Egyptian Hookah from Hookah Shisha and found it to be severely lacking in flavor (there was none). So this time I have decided to smoke it in my Junior Travel Hookah from www.thehookah.com to see if there was any difference.
When smoked, the flavor continues to be very mild. Although I find the flavor is just a touch stronger in my smaller hookah.
Twords the begining of the bowl the flavor is very subtle, to the point of being difficult to notice when you exhale the smoke through your mouth. However, when exhaled through the nose you do get a touch of watermelon flavor.

About 5 or 10 minutes into the bowl the flavor of the ma'assell does grow decently stronger. At this point you definately get a rather light and slightly real watermelon flavor no matter how you exhale it. Though it is still exceptionally weak compared to the flavor of other Al-Amir flavors such as Grape, Double Apple, Peach, or Strawberry.

As far as the buzz goes... well, its pretty much par for the course. The same sort of mild relaxing feeling that you get from the average bowl of Al-Amir or Al-Fakher. Nothing really strong, but deffinately not weak either.
A very peaceful level of relaxation good for an after dinner or before bed smoke. Just a nice calming feeling that lets your mind drift easily from one thing to another with a zen like fluidity.

So now we come to my final thoughts about this massell. Over all, I would say I don't think this one is worth purchasing. Which I really do hate to say, as I have loved every other Al-Amir product I have tried.
I'm just astonished by how incredibly weak the flavor is. The smell from the jar is phenominal, but when it comes down to the flavor of the smoke this massell just doesnt deliver.

The flavor isnt at all offensive, but it's just not strong enough to make this worth trying or buying again. The only thing this massell really has going for it is it's lack of stems and it's zen like buzz.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this massell a 3.5

• 2 years later...
Al Amir Watermelon

Setup
42 inch Egyptian
hose- Narbish
Bowl- Small phunnel
Coals- CH naturals
screen/foil- Reynolds HD

Tobacco
Cut- very fine, extremely moist, no stems
Smell- very very good. not like fresh watermelon but more like candy
Taste- Just like it smells, candy watermelon
Smoke- good sized clouds, flavorful
duration- 1 hour
overall- 9/10 very good flavor, good price, would recommend to anyone

• 1 year later...
[b][size="4"]Al-Amir[/size][/b] [size="5"][b][color="#00ff00"]WATER[/color][color="#ff0000"]MELON[/color][/b][/size]

Setup: 32" km single pear
base:bell base
Hose: narb v4
Bowl: Tangiers small phunnel/ Then HJ mini
Coal: HJ Nats
Other specs: Used Foil and little ice water

the Shisha:
Cut: fine cut, not to many stems
Color: red... very very red like blood
Smell: Watermelon gum
Taste: meh bland with hint of watermelon

OVERALL: 6/10 Flavor lasted a bit better then usual al-amir for me. Still not great but decent clouds and cheap. Hint of sweet watermelon,wish it was stronger