Lemon with Mint

pullingteeth

AF Lemon Mint

Set-up - MZ Safari 26'', razan hose, small egyptian bowl that fits like 10g tops, 1 1/2 3k qls

Appearance - typical AF

Smell/Taste - for both of these just go get some Ricola Lemon Mint cough drops and you've got it perfect (idk how much other people like em but i personally love em)

Buzz - didn't notice a buzz... if i did get a buzz it was a small one

Smoke - whiteout...seriously

Length - be smoking for about 45 minutes with a small egyptian and it's still going strong. this stuff would be great in a small phunnel...probably last 2+ hours easy.

Overall - definitely going to become a staple in my book. and for the price you can't go wrong.

got 2 more flavors to try out and review. will do them at another time

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DJ_HOSSEIX
Brand and Flavor: AF Mint-Lemon 2008

Shisha Cut: New AF cut, very fine, dyed red

Hookah Type: persian hookah

Duration: smoked for 40 minutes but could have gone on for a good 1.5+

Bowl: Standard egyption

Foil / Screen: Regular foil, Small holes all around

Coal / Amount: 1-2 3Kings QL

Smoke: Medium

Buzz: none

Smell / Flavor: Smelled like lemon head candy, no mint scent what so ever. Tasted like lemon candy, kind of chemically, no mint taste which was very disappointing because i love AF mint. The lemon taste was a bit too sweat and wished it would be more citrusy and sourish.

Rating (1 to 10): 8/10. After experimenting with the new cut i finally mastered it to the point of perfection and loving every bit of it. My new score for this product is an 8 and its only an eight because i could not taste any mint. Edited by DJ_HOSSEIX

• 7 months later...
Al Fakher Lemon with Mint

Set up:
14" Chinese Hookah
Small Phunnel Bowl
Heavy Duty Foil - 3 rings of holes. one outer, in the middle and in the center. hole in the center of the phunnel bowl
2 3King CL's

Cut: Typical Al Fakher cut

Smell: Strong smell of Lemon and Mint

Taste: Very flavourful. Strong taste of lemon and mint. mint flavour was not overpowering. very smooth taste.

Buzz: None

Clouds: Huge thick white clouds

Duration: 1 hour - could have gone for a bit more

Overall: 9/10

one of my favourite Al Fakher flavours to date. Edited by wesclrg

• 8 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#f4a460"]Lemon wi[/color][color="#2e8b57"]th Mint[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Leopard Print Hose
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist and tons of red dye
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Mint
[b]Taste:[/b] Mint with a hint of lemon
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour

[b]Purchased From:[/b] HookahJohn.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 The Mint is over powering. You can taste the lemon on the exhale. It's like a mild mint with a lemon undertone. Not bad, but could be better in my opinion.

• 3 months later...
[b]Af Lemon+mint

Hookah:[/b] Mya QT
[b]Bowl:[/b] HJ Alien mini
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Cheap precut stuff from HS
[b]Hose: [/b]Mya
[b]Coals:[/b] 2 CH nats

[b]Appearance: [/b]fine cut, dyed red and moist
[b]Smell:[/b] a little minty
[b]Taste:[/b] like faint mint
[b]Smoke:[/b] decent
[b]Buzz: [/b]None

Purchased from: some website I can't remember right now
4/10

This shisha had little flavour. I couldn't even taste the lemon all that much, and the mint is not as minty as I'd like . Keep in mind I smoke Nak Mizo mint, and enjoy the cooling sensation. As much as this flavour was hyped up from those who like AF, I found this to be a big disappointment. Edited by thatonethere

• 9 months later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][b]Al Fakher Lemon-Mint[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size="4"][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/size][b]Hookah:[/b] No-name tall Lebanese beauty
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Lebbo bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Fairly heavy precut foil[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hose:[/b] Wide gauge Lebanese leather hose
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara

[b]Appearance: [/b]Drippy finely cut red stuff, somewhat clumpy, but fluffs up well
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin (so says Stuie!)
[b]Smell:[/b] Sort of like lemon zest air freshener but nicer, with a hint of mint
[b]Taste:[/b] Lemon candy with a mint vibe. Slightly sour, but not really. Notes of lemon zest vs lemon juice. Odd, because it does NOT tastes like a combination of plain AF lemon and AF mint
[b]Smoke:[/b] Fine, thick AF clouds
[b]Duration: [/b]90ish minutes (2 rounds of coals)

[b]Purchased From:[/b] local shop

[b]Overall: [/b]10/10 One of my new favorite flavors, very clean tasting, much better than AF lemon on its own or even mixed with mint. Also makes everything smell really nice[/size][/font][/color]

• 6 months later...
[b]Al Fakher Lemon Mint[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya QT
[b]Bowl:[/b] Crown micro phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Normal Foil, 2 layers.
[b]Hose:[/b]My DIY hose made out of vinyl tubin and wooden ends.
[b]Coals:[/b] Smoker's Coal.
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water at Room temperature.

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] lemon with a very slight hint of mint.
[b]Taste: [/b]Just like it smells
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 hour 50 minutes (currently smoking it and it's still going).

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local store

[b]Overall: [/b]Picked it up after seeing great reviews of it here, and I have to say it let me down a bit. The lemon is the predominant flavour as it should be, but I am getting almost no mint taste from it, it's so faint that it may as well be absent. [u]I did pick a 50gm packet of it instead of a 250gm so I am guessing it's better in latter package, but I don't get 250gm of AF here so I can't say for sure. [/u]Tha flavour does tend to last a long time as I've been smoking it for close to 2 hours in my micro phunnel and it's still as good as it was when I started this bowl. It's not heat sensitive but somehow gives me a tingle at the back of my throat even when the smoke is not noticeably hotter or harsh...weird....I had a similar experience with AF lemon. Overall, basing it on the previous reviews, I am not impressed at all.

And I know this isn't a bad batch as I've picked several boxes of it over a period of time and they were all like this...I am thinking it should taste better if I mix a little bit of straight mint with it, and I will update the review if it does, but I don't really care for it as it is out of the box, and it may be because I personally expected the mint to come out more than it does, Idk.

I give it a 6/10, because it doesn't taste bad, and gives out good clouds. Will smoke it again tonight with a bit of mint mixed in so update to come.

This particular flavour gave me a buzz I don't normally associate with AF. AF vanilla also manages to give me a good buzz btw.

• 9 months later...
Al Fakher Lemon with mint

Hookah: mya pimp
Bowl: mod
Screen/Foil: reynolds
Hose: razan raja
Coals:af coconut
Base Liquid: water

Appearance: medium short cut very moist
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: molasses
Smell: amazing like lemon candy