Golden Grape

crunchyorphan

• 7 months later...
Al Fakher Golden Black Grape

Appearance: This stuff was absolutely soaked with syrup. The tobacco itself was red. A nice cut with a couple of stems.

Smell: Eh, this stuff smelled horrible. Smelled something like rotten ketchup, or hell, rotten grapes...

Taste: ...and it tasted just as bad...

Smoke: but the smoke was INSANE! I've never had smoke this thick. The smoke in my vase was so thick that I couldn't see the stem! ohmy.gif

Buzz: The buzz was mild, nothing significant

Overall: I'm willing to accept that I got a bad batch. I'll withhold my vote until I try it again. Edited by Big Boss

• 3 weeks later...
Al Fakher Golden Seal Grapes

Setup: Hookah Bros. 3 hosed pipe

Appearance Few stems, smell indeed like it has a bit of a raisin flavor above, but that works.
Smoke Density: Insane and unreasonable. Really dense.
Taste: A little like a GOOD (rare to have a good one) kosher wine but a little light
Buzz: A little light as well

Out of this pipe a 7/10 but...

Setup: "Queen Rotator" Cheap 4 hosed hookah (This pipe is a very good value if you can pick it up for $50 though its construction feels like Made in China)

Taste: Ah, now I taste the grapes, including the small amount of tartness! But mostly sweet, still a bit concord grape tasting
Buzz: Getting silly...

Out of this pipe, a 9/10...definitely worth getting, unless the green grape is preferred...its a dollar cheaper at alfakheronline and has a smaller tobacco content so its a bit weaker-but not much-on the buzz. Note: This pipe also sucks and I can't wait to smoke this out of my Mya rolleyes.gif

I will add, if your Fakher tastes like a hotdog, its a bad batch, and probably had expired. Thus the reviews here of grape that tastes like "Tomato" are probably reviews of ruined tobacco. Fakher seems to damage easily to this stuff.

Al Fakher Golden Grape

Setup: 26" Al Fakher hookah, stock, ice+water base

Smell: very little like grapes

Taste: Wow, this is my first time smoking a grape flavor, and I loved it. Tastes like a natural grape, a very natural sweetness. I was pleasantly surprised.

Smoke: THICK! Big smoke rings no problem, and nice puffy clouds

Buzz: None

Overall: 9/10 I can't picture there being a better grape flavored shisha. The package looks nice at first but then you realize it's impossible to close. They had a novel idea with a hinged lid, too bad the hinge doesn't even work. Edited by _L_

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Golden Grape

I'm not going to bother to rate this based on a number scale. I love every other Al Fakher flavor I have smoked, but this was absolutely vile. A previous review mentioned this, and was 100% right. This shisha smells and tastes vaguely of ketchup. Avoid it. I'm struggling to get the putrid smell out of my hookah now. Gross.

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Golden Grape (250g package)

Setup: 21" Lotus Hookah from Smoking-Hookah.com
Bowl: Normal 25g clay fired, but with a wider brim and shallower bowl than my others.
Hose: Smoking-Hookah.com's Alsami hose
Screen/Foil: Foil with many holes from a safety-pin
Liquid In base: Water and lemon juice - chilled

Cut: Golden variety's cut is very fine. No stems.

Smell: Smells like the normal AF grape (which is great) but even stronger. Yum.

Taste: Very strong, and smooth grape flavour

Smoke Thickness: Quite thick.

Buzz: Respectable buzz

Duration: Wasn't timing but well over an hour.

This was a great flavour. Probably my new favourite. I like AF Grape, but this is certainly a step up for flavour strength, though the buzz from both was no different.

The Golden Grape is not ultra different from the normal AF grape but worth the extra dollar compared to the normal variety (from alfakheronline.com) it's 10.95 for 250g of the Golden grape.

• 3 months later...
Al Fakher Golden - Black Grape

I have not smoked this shisha yet... after smelling it, I hesitate to do so.
First of all I would like to say that in the past AF shisha has been my favorite without question. I would not have believed that that could be changed by one box of shisha. After purchasing a 250g box of golden black grape, I can not help but question my loyalty to the AF brand.

When I first opened the plastic container it smelled wonderful. This wonderful smell could not have come from the shisha within the bag, because when I opened the bag the shisha smelled like ketchup and rotting fruit.

I am inclned to just throw it away

I can't imagine how It could tast anything but horrible, but I have read some good reviews about it in this forum... so perhaps it smells horrible but smokes well. This would be nice, but seems unlikely. Alternatively, I may have just recieved a very bad batch... which would be weird since it's production date was December 2007

In the mean time... I wouldnt buy the golden black grape. It does not seem to be comparable to the regular grape as I had hoped. I hope that this was just a glitch and that we can continue to expect top quality shisha from Af. Edited by trizkit

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 19 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Al Fakher Golden Black Grape

(Set Up: same hookah as I have now, cobra hose, pyrex glass bowl from sahara smoke, metal screen, water in the base, 2 golden quick lite 30 mm coals)

Appearance: This stuff was absolutely soaked with syrup. The tobacco itself was red. A nice cut with a couple of stems.

(Cut: same as below)

Smell: Eh, this stuff smelled horrible. Smelled something like rotten ketchup, or hell, rotten grapes...

Taste: ...and it tasted just as bad...

Smoke: but the smoke was INSANE! I've never had smoke this thick. The smoke in my vase was so thick that I couldn't see the stem! ohmy.gif

(Duration: I could never smoke this stuff for more than a half hour...)

Buzz: The buzz was mild, nothing significant

Overall: I'm willing to accept that I got a bad batch. I'll withhold my vote until I try it again.

(Rating: N/A)

Here we go, kiddies. Over two years since I first tasted the notorious Al Fakher Rancid Ketchup. I said I'd hold off my score until I got a new batch. Well, my 250 of AF Golden Grape came today. So here we go...

Al Fakher Golden Black Grape (aka Golden Grapes)

Setup: Medium Phunnel w/o mod, standard generic egyptian 32" from HS, Mya hose, heavy duty foil with the Tangiers "all over" hole pattern, 3 Coco Nara coals and then 3 Jap. Quick Lites, Room temp. water in the base

Smell
: This stuff has a sweet black grape smell. Its actually pretty hard to describe. Its a very sophisticated smell.

Cut: The cut is not quite as fine as regular. The leaves appear to be a bit more robust (thicker)

Appearance: A medium to dark red color, soaked in juice, a few stems here and there.

Smoke: Thiiiiiiiick. Not quite as thick as the first time I smoked this stuff, but still pretty thick none the less.

Flavor
: The flavor was much better than the first time I smoked this stuff. The smell of the shisha carried over into the taste: a sweet black grape flavor. And again, its hard to describe as the flavor is very sophisticated, complex. Tasted good, though

Duration: Went through two sets of coals. First the Coco's and then the Jap. Quick Lites. So however those coals last, thats how long I was smoking.

Buzz: I'm a recovering 'pack a day' smoker, so I never really notice a buzz from shisha.

Overall: This stuff was a huuuuge improvement from the last stuff I smoked. First time I smoked it I got the notorius "rancid ketchup" flavor. This time it was different. This time it was good. The complexity of the flavor might confuse some of the younger smokers on here while it also might prove to be a fun challenge. If the other Al Fakher Golden flavors are this good... I can't wait to try out the Golden Strawberry, Esk. Apple, Bahrainin Apple, and Golden Rose.

Rating: I'd have to give this stuff a 8.5 out of 10.

• 2 months later...
Al Fakher Golden Grape

Hookah:
Mya Bambino

Bowl: Standard Mya Bowl

Screen/Foil: Foil

Hose: Standard Mya Hose

Coals:
2 Jap Easy Lights

Base:
Water

Prod Date: Feb 08

Appearence: Standard Al Fakher cut, it wasn't the newer type which is small.

Smell: Exactly like the standard AF Grape.

Taste: Taste was really smooth, compared to the normal grape this was much stronger and smooth.

Smoke: Normal thick AF clouds

Buzz: A little nudge on the head

Purchased From: The Shisha Man

Overall: Decent flavour, easy to smoke not too strong and it probably be good with an mint mix. out of 10, 9/10!

• 1 year later...
AL FAKHER GOLDEN WHITE GRAPE

Hookah: 26" Crystal Bohemian
Bowl: Egyptian baked clay, 2" diameter
Screen/foil: Foil circle
Hose: My monkey fuzzy hose
Coals: Japanese
Base Liquid: Cold tap water

Appearance: Fine cut, juicy but not drippy, dark red
Smell: Fresh and clean, sweet grape smell.
Taste: Amazing, authentic grape flavor, very sweet and light. Stayed true to form from first light to end.
Smoke: Good old AF smoke: thick, white, billowy! I can blow serious smoke rings on this stuff.
Buzz: more than I would have liked. Next time, I will stop at one bowl! tongue.gif
Duration: almost 2 hours for the first bowl, a second didn't last as long as I was getting a headache.

Overall: Definitely one I would buy again, even though I am tiring of grape. I'd give it a 9/10, with the only complaint being the buzz.

• 4 months later...
@[u][color="#000000"][b][url="user/22457-f16warbird/"]F16WarBird[/url][/b][/color][/u]: thats because they changed their recipe for grape, now the normal grape taste like crap. you need to get golden grape if u want the good grape, and i just happen to be writing my review on it in this post :D

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Mya Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] foil
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] 1 coco
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist but not wet
[b]Smell:[/b] with a quick sniff you smell sweet grapes just picked off the vine
[b]Taste:[/b] Sweet grapes
[b]Smoke:[/b] average, not alot....then again we didnt finish the session
[b]Buzz:[/b] none
[b]Duration: [/b]20min...would of been longer, read below

[b]Purchased From:[/b] H-S.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 8.5/10

Now i could probably go higher score on this since it was an awesome flavor, but i never got to finish my session. the taste was sensational, just like sweet grapes, very real. i cant wait to smoke more of this and im glad i bought the 250g pack

now i never got to finish my session because we used some monster can wind-cover my friend made and that caught on fire......and since my other friend reacted by pouring arizona on it instead of letting me use the tongs i had to simply get it off, the bowl was ruined

• 10 months later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][b]Al Fakher Golden Grape[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][size=2][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/size][/size][b]Hookah:[/b] Elmas, Lebanese
[b]Bowl:[/b] Turkish or Lebanese
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] HD foil[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hose:[/b] Elmas hose, Leb hose
[b]Coals:[/b] CCN
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Finely cut red stuff, wet
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin (so says Stuie!)
[b]Smell:[/b] Sort of like grape juice I guess
[b]Taste:[/b] Sort of like grape juice crossed with faint blackcurrant.
[b]Smoke:[/b] typical full AF clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]90+ minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local shop, every lounge has it.

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10. Decent, but used to be much better. Old AF Golden grape tasted like a rush of blackcurrant awesomeness, as if you were smoking Ribena, for all you UK people. The new formula is not as good. It's still OK, MUCH better than regular grape (see above), and really nice when mixed with mint. I have yet to find anything that comes closer to the old, brilliant, AF grape taste. [/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]

• 2 years later...

Al Fakher Golden Grapes

Hookah: Khalil Mamoon Kamanja Wheat
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Inhale Washable
Coals: Coconara Cubes
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, several stems, moist, red in color.
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses & Glycerin
Smell: Ketchup
Taste: Ketchup and Grapes
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 This tastes like standard AF Grape, Ketchup and Sweet Grape. I was so hoping to not have the ketchup taste in here, but alas. It’s okay to smoke, but I am going to mix some mint with this to smoke through the rest of this pack.