Grape with Mint

Hojo

Al Fakher Grape with Mint

My first AF smoke was Grape, and Mint is my favorite AF so far, so I was naturally jubilant when I saw that AF made this. Two of my favorite flavors in the same box? Oh, AF...you do care!

Appearance:
AF all the way. Soft, juicy, and red.
Smell: AF Grape with a sharp, minty accent. The mint does a good job of curbing that funky undertone that AF Grape usually has. It's kind of weird, but I wasn't afraid.
Taste: The flavors kind of battled each other at first. Toward the beginning, the Mint was pretty overpowering, so much so that I thought it should have been named "Mint with Grape." However, once the session picked up steam, the grape came through in spades. It ended up tasting like AF Grape, with a slight cooling sensation. The constantly-changing flavor did a good job of pacing the session, because I was never sure what I was going to get with the next pull.
Smoke: Thick.
Buzz: Slight. The walls aren't thumping, but I feel pretty relaxed.

Overall: A refreshing twist to an already solid flavor. I'll have no problem finishing my 50g, but I would like to fiddle with the ratios a little and try out Golden Grape/Mint as well. If you would rather not make custom mixes, this is a no-brainer, but since each of us will have different opinions of what the ratio should be, I would say just go ahead and make your own. Recommended, but not necessarily a must-have.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged.

• 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Grape with Mint (Premixed)

Hookah: Khalil Maamoon Pharonie
Bowl: Small Phunnel with Scalli Glass Mod
Screen/Foil: Alcan Standard Foil
Hose: Nammor
Coals: NHT Hookah Instant Light Coconut
Base Liquid: Tap Water

Appearance: Fine cut, dripping wet, red dye
Smell: Just like the AF White Grape with a hint of AF Mint
Taste: Like Grape with a hint of mint. I used to mix this myself with 20% mint and 80% grape and it tasted about the same. now i dont have to mix!
Smoke: Typical AF clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: Only smoked for an hour because i was getting bored sitting in the garage by myself while staring at the wall.

Overall: Im very glad i decided to grab six 50g packs of this in the 'buy 10 get 10' deal from AFOnline. i prefer this flavour over the regular white grape. 9/10

• 3 weeks later...
Just got my latest order delivered from theshishashop.com (really speedy as usual) and with it came a 50g sampler of a flavor I hadn't yet tried. Grape with Mint (ready mixed). So I quickly packed a bowl and here are the results:

Im not a big fan of mint flavors and I never mix flavors (I've got class that way man_in_love.gif ), but to my surprise this combo was amazing! It's definitely one of my new favorites. The taste was full/strong throughout the 1 1/2 session (using coconara) and you could definitely taste both flavors. I know some people say the mint is overpowering but in my opinion that's the wrong word, neither flavor is overpowering the mint just gives a cooling effect to the combined taste.

10/10

• 4 months later...

Setup:
27" Monsoon 3-hose

Bowl: Generic Clay

Coals: Exotica easy lite cubes

Screen/Foil: Jula Nar Hookah Foil

Liquid In base: water

Cut: Medium, few stems

Smell: Mint mixed with unidentifiable sweet smell. I picture purple grape when I ordered, but picture on box shows white grape. It does not smell like purple grapes, so I guess white grapes it is. I'm glad they had the picture because I would have had a hard time on smell alone.

Taste: Mint was the stand out flavor, but the white grape cut it nicely. I was worried about trying mint because I am easily over powered by most things mint, but the grape kept it under control even though the mint was still very obvious.

Smoke Thickness: Smoke was very impressive... I had a friend over and even he commented on the nice smoke

Buzz: Slight

Duration: Two hours. Mint is easily detectable even towards the end of the session.

Overall: 8/10 - I enjoyed this session and will probably pull this flavor out again. With very good smoke and a very good flavor, it's a keeper. Edited by jdehart

• 2 months later...

Set up:
Magdy Zidan Perpetual River
Hemi Bowl
Reynolds HD 1 layer
coco's

Cut: Typical Al Fakher cut

Smell: Smells mostly like mint. You can smell the grape but it's not strong.

Taste: Very minty. The mint was overpowering but you could sort of still taste the grape

Buzz: Slight

Clouds: Nice

Duration: 1 hour (I smoke until the coals go out)

Overall: 6.5/10
This would be a great smoke if the ratio of flavors was better. The mint was dominant and since mint is a very strong flavor it drowned out the grape. It was a slightly above average smoke. I would much rather mix the flavors myself though and go heavy on the grape. Too much mint in this one in my opinion. I won't buy this again but I will buy the flavors seperate and mix them on my own.

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#9acd32"]Grape a[/color][color="#006400"]nd Mint[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Piccolo
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in red dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Ketchup Covered Grapes and Mint
[b]Taste:[/b] Ketchup Covered Grapes and Mint
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]30 Minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]2/10 Well this is just like Al Fakher Grape...Ketchup. The Mint helps take the edge off of the ketchup but not a whole lot. February 2010 Production Date.

• 7 months later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][b]Al Fakher Grape-Mint[/b][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][size=2][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/size][/size][b]Hookah:[/b] Elmas, Lebanese
[b]Bowl:[/b] Turkish, Lebanese
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] HD foil[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hose:[/b] Elmas hose, Leb hose
[b]Coals:[/b] CCN
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Finely cut red stuff, wet
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin (so says Stuie!)
[b]Smell:[/b] Like the lovely AF mint mixed with the yucky AF regular grape.
[b]Taste:[/b] Pretty much just like the smell.
[b]Smoke:[/b] typical full AF clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]90+ minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local shop, every lounge has it.

[b]Overall: [/b]5/10. Tolerable, but only just. While AF Lemon-Mint is somehow a different formula from their regular lemon, the Grape-Mint is definitely the standard crappy grape. Not worth your money - get Golden grape and mix it with mint yourself, which is MUCH MUCH nicer.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]