Plum

bigmahlman

al fakher plum

Smell/Flavor: smells great, taste like them sour peach gummy rings.

Cut: Small cut

Smoke: Smokey

Buzz: Slight

Hookah Type: 24 inch rotator, mya extra wide hose

Bowl: Regular Egyptian bowl

Foil/Screen: Single Aluminium foil

Coal/Amount: 3 pieces of small/medium charcoal

Liquid in Base: Water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 6.5

Other Comments: Good alternative to Nakhla 2 Apples. I find the small-cut tobacco gives a more even burn.

• 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Plum

Setup: I've smoked this from so many different hookahs... 28 inch syrian, 36 inch egyptian, 34 inch rotator, etc.

Bowl: Standard clay bowl with unglazed interior

normal tap water in the base

72" mya hose or syrian hose

1 layer of regular (not heavy duty) aluminum foil with lots of small holes made with a toothpick in concentric circles around the bowl. Tobacco is filled to about 1.5mm under the foil.

Coal: one 3 kings quicklight started at the edge and moved around the bowl. I can usually do this for 3 coals per session.

Cut: The usual AF cut but a little goopier. this is a really wet flavor. Few stems.

Smell/flavor: this is one of my favorite smokes for this reason. The taste is like that of a good japanese plum wine. There is also a snapple tea flavor called Diet Plum-A-Granite, whcih tastes a lot like this. The flavor of this tobacco is really sweet and rich. Some people can't handle the sweetness but I love it.

Smoke: I always get big clouds with this and most other AF products with minimal heat, without burning. This is no expection. Big clouds without harshness.

Duration: At least an hour and a half. Most of the time this lasts for 3-4 quicklights.

I would rate this a solid 10. My alltime favorite smoke.

• 10 months later...
Al Fakher Plum

Smell: Smells very good, somewhat like plums 9/10

Smoke: Very thick. 9/10

Buzz: Nothing significant, but not interested in buzz.

Duration: About 45 mins, smoke thins out after about 25 min. 7/10

Flavour: Excellent! My favorite Al Fakher blend so far. Sweet yet sour. Very flavourful.
I love this blend. Highly recomended. Overall: 9/10

• 1 month later...
AL Fakher Plum

Set up: 30" Egyp. AF healthy hose, Belgian coal, big Egypt. bowl. 15g of shisha
Smell: Amazingly sweet and sour at the same time.

Cut: Nice and wet, couple of stems

Smoke: really thick

Buzz: none to really really little , i'd say relaxing than buzzing
Taste: Taste like plums but doesnt have that "sweet and sour " taste its smell give you.

Duration: 1hour 35 mins and the flacour was still good and not harsh at all.

Overall: 8/10. I really like the smell it give to the whole room. Smells like eating a plum. I would imagine it a little sweeter but it's still really good.
I give it 8 cz i compare every flavour to the AF grape and that where it stands

• 5 months later...
Al Fakher Plum

Hookah: 28" Egyptian
Bowl: standard unglazed clay
Coals: two Pharoh's Elite quicklight
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: water with cubes

Cut: Typical AF cut. I did not find a stem in either of the two bowls I smoked. The mix is moderately wet.

Smell: A little strange; smells like mashed plums and a combination of wheat crackers and chocolate. Like many of the other AF flavors, the smell is always something I can't pinpoint.

Taste: The taste is great. Has a subtle plum flavor on the exhale that is not too overpowering, yet strong enough to give you a pleasant plum taste afterwards. Slightly sweet. Very different from the smell.

Smoke: Thick and fluffy.

Buzz: Light buzz, not unlike most of the AF I have tried.

Longevity: Smoked for about 45 mins before it had dried and started to burn a bit. *i'm still messing around with heat management, so this is most likely my fault. I added a little bit of water on the second session when it started to burn early. This did not seem to foul the bowl.* The taste last the entire time, which is a big plus.

My initial reactions are positive, although I have only smoked this twice now. Would be great as a mixer with some honey, mint, or something a bit stronger to spice it up a bit. I might be wowed a bit more if it wasn't for the weird smell.

7/10

• 3 months later...
Al Fahker- Plum

Set Up- Habibi mini pipe, ice + water, foil phunnel bowl mod

Coals- 2 starlight quick lights

Smell- Very good. (9/10)

Flavor - Extremely good. Nice plum flavor, not too sweet, slight tart (9/10)

Smoke- Like most AF. Good full clouds, thick tasty smoke. (9/10)

Overall- Very good flavor. Highly recommended if you like a slightly tart and slightly sweet smoke. Will buy again. (9.5/10)

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Plum

This is actually my second attempt with AF Plum, as with the first time I was absolutely sure that I got pack-happy after I smelled it, which resulted in a bad session. Not so! This stuff is just weird

Appearance:
Now here's a shocker: this was not standard AF cut. All AF that I have come in contact has been soft, squishy, and overwhelmingly juicy. This batch, however, was really stiff and chunky, like a lot of pipe tobacco blends. It felt like really wet hamster bedding.
Smell: This is easily one of the best smelling shishas I have ever come across. I can't say that it is plum, per se, but it smells damn good.
Taste: Here's where things get complicated. I was really psyched for this stuff, especially after smelling it. I tried to avoid the pitfalls of my previous Plum session by packing ever so slightly less into the bowl than with most other AF. It still ended up burning a bit, which is bizarre. On the positive side, it left a really nice sweet feel on the inhale, with a definite tartness on the exhale, which is akin to an actual plum. However, never throughout the whole session did I get anything that I would call a "flavor." It simply was not there. Oddly enough, as I was cleaning up I had a very nice aftertaste which was similar to the smell. I really don't like that it waited until after I was finished before it started to have any flavor.
Smoke: It's Al-Fakher, for crying out loud. You know the drill: thunderclouds.
Buzz: It hit me after just a few pulls, but this was probably due to the burning. It mellowed a few minutes into the session into a typical AF buzz.

Purchased From:
Part of the Al Fakher sampler pack from Hookah-Shisha

Overall: Mind-boggling. An atypical cut, zero flavor whatsoever while smoking, and very easily burned. I have been smoking AF long enough to be pretty familiar with how AF works, and never have I found a batch of AF to be so heat-sensitive. It was burning literally as soon as the coal touched the foil. What in the world? It is likely that I got a bad batch, but that was not evident from the smell. I wouldn't recommend it, as I would rather have something a little more consistent. It's ok, AF, I still love you.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged. Did I get a bad batch? Do you think a different brand makes a better plum? I want to know!

• 1 year later...
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][b]AF Plum
[/b]
[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Green Pear[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][b]Bowl:[/b] Min Egyptian Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynold Heavy Duty[b]
Hose: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Rainbow
[b]Coals:[/b] CH Nats
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Fine and moist with some dye.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Weird, couldn't place smell, not plum though
[b]Taste:[/b] Kinda like plum, not very strong.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Medium clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Small
[b]Duration: [/b]30 mins
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah John!
[b]
Overall: 7/10 If it was stronger it would be better, kinda a darker fruit taste. Almost tastes like if you pull on your hose with nothing in the bowl, like hookah smoke haha. It would be a good mixer.[/b][/size][/font][/color][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][size=2][b]
[/b][/size][/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][color=#1C2837][size=2][b](Stuie's format)[/b][/size][/color][/size][/font] [/size][/font][/color]

• 4 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Fakher [color="#800080"]Plum[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Piccolo
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, several stems, moist, swimming in dark yellow dye.
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Plum and nuts
[b]Taste:[/b] Plum
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 The smell is plum but it has a nut undertone. The taste is plum, not a strong plum. I would rather grab Romman Prunes for a plum flavor. This is good, but just eh by the end of the bowl.

• 2 years later...
[size=4][b]Al Fakher Plum[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Pharonie
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynold HD
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] CH QLs

[b]Appearance:[/b] Typical AF, red and juicy.
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses & Glycerin
[b]Smell:[/b] Plum
[b]Taste:[/b] Plum
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]5starhookah.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 A very interesting flavor. If you're into plums, I bet you'll like it. It tastes like biting into a plum, but not quite as strong. A few points knocked off for flavor strength.