Grape

PK

Nakhla/El Basha Grape

Setup: MYA 26 incher.... pyramid glass, MYA bowl, Heavy foil.

Cut: Typical nakhla cut course with a few stems.

Smell: I wouldn't say Grape, but a nice dark thick scent

Flavour: Same as the above, tastes like it smells. Not grape but not far off... a nice strong flavour that mixes well with just about anything.

Overall: I've been smoking Grape for a few months and it's a good flavor to smoke alone but even better to mix. I enjoy mixing with one of the following 3 flavors.... Sweet Melon, Banana, or Strawberry. I'm a fan of Nakhla as it's pretty straight forward, no chemically scents or tastes and nice and strong and packs a decent buzz. I'm surprised no one has reviewed the grape by now, but I would definately recommend it to anyone . 8.5/10

• 2 years later...
EL BASHA GRAPES

Appearance: Typical Nakhla, Good cut, Nicely damp, not too much

Smell: not too strong, kinda like a weak grape juice

Taste: delicious, like a grape juice, or a not bitter, not overly sweet white wine. dry and airy, if that makes sense

Smoke: etter than some of the other nakhlas that i've had; no thunder clouds though, but legit for the shitty ql's that i'm using right now

Buzz: no noticeable one; el basha is washed more than the traditional nakhla, so i can't feel any

Overall: great flavor, this is my new go to after the downfall of the new AF grapes. it smokes pretty well. all in all i'm pretty impressed, with some mint or lemon, this would mix very nicely.
alone: 8/10 mixed 9/10

this would be a nice, light, good everyday smoke.

• 7 months later...
Nakhla Grape (El Basha Line)

Hookah: Mya Gelato Grande
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose:
Roka Hose
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, Semi Moist, Red Dye.
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Grape
Taste: Great Grape taste
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Good
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
10/10 This was discounted from hookah-shisha.com. Even with a leaky package it is still Phenomenal! This is a great grape flavor tastes like Red and White Grapes. It's one of the best grape flavors out there!

• 5 months later...
[size="3"][b][color="#4b0082"]Nakhla (El Basha) Grape[/color]

[/b][/size]Hookah: OG KM Trimetal
Bowl: Standard Egyptian
Foil: Cheap Homelife foil from Albertsons
Hose: Nammor
Coals: One full CH Coco coal QL

Appearance: Nothing like old Nakla. It's got a longer cut, and it's very sticky-gooey. Not dripping wet as though there's water in the flavor mix. Just straight sticky but with a fair amount of liquid in it. Enough to smear within the foil envelope.
Nicotine: .5%
Smell: Like some kind of very exotic gourmet grape. Lots of fragrant overtones.
Taste: Almost identical to the fragrance. But the grape becomes a bit more predominate when smoking. The flavor changes up a bit throughout the smoking experience. Sometimes you get more of the exotic overtones, sometimes more purely grape.
Clouds/Smoke: Not thick enough to block out my computer screen but definitely respectable. Nothing to complain about.
Buzz: It's Nakla - hello? I'm not nicotine sensitive anymore, but even I felt the effects for a minute. I suspect anyone sensitive it would knock on their ass.
Duration: 45 minutes on the one CH coal. Including a wind cover to bump up the heat after ashing the first time.

Overall: This is absolutely amazing stuff. If I knew Aramaic I'd be writing Nakla and begging them to please, please, please work this formula with their other flavors. (Or congratulate them if they already have.) It's quite possibly one of the best I've ever tried. Between the very resonable price ($9.95 for 250 grams from HookahJohn), and the delicious smoke, it's also one of the best bargains in hookah right now.

'Rani

• 8 months later...
[b][color="#9932cc"]Nakhla El Basha Grape[/color]

[/b]Hookah: MZ

Bowl: Egyptian Style Bowl

Foil: Kroger Brand Recycled Heavy Duty Foil

Hose: KM

Coals: 3 halves of CH QL

Appearance: Similar to standard Nakhla, but a bit stickyer

Nicotine: .5%

Smell: Close to grape juice, but other flavors mixed in

Taste: the grape flavor comes in waves, when I didn't taste the grape i could taste the other flavors

Clouds/Smoke: not the gratest

Buzz: There was a slight buzz, but it went away pretty fast

Duration: about an hour

Overall: 9/10 The flavor was awesome, but the clouds were disappointing. I would reccomend this flavor to anyone who enjoys grape.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
[b]Nakhla El Basha Grape[/b]

(Thanks to Stuie for the format)

[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mamoon Kamanja Wheat
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Sainsbury’s HD Foil
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconara
[b]Base Liquid: [/b]Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Thick Cut, several stems
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Almost a sweet 'grapey' red wine
[b]Taste:[/b] Rich chocolatey grape
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Local Corner Shop

[b]Rating System: [/b]My ratings may differ to the normal so I think I should explain what they mean. Although I feel its hard to give anything a 10/10, I felt a benchmark was needed. As such so far only my favourite flavour has a 10, and everything else is in relation to that. Anything above a 5 I would consider smoking, and anything below a 5 is something I would not buy again. The numbers are an indication of the degree to which this is true.

[b]Overall: 7.5/10 -[/b]This is a really nice flavour. I find that you have to be in the right sort of mood to smoke this - its definitely not an everyday smoke. That said it is a really nice complex smoke. Drinking red wine while smoking really compliments the full bodied flavour of this shisha.