Tangiers Lucid Apple

Hookah: Mya Gyro
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers cut - chunky and wet but not too much
Smell: Like Nakhla DA but not as strong
Taste: Close to Nakhla DA, but again not as strong - didn't really taste like Apple to me
Smoke: Big clouds
Buzz: Minimal
Duration: Around 1 hour - it lost flavor quickly

Purchased From: HS

Overall: 4/10 Not impressed, didn't taste like Apple, the smell wasn't appealing and unlike all the other Lucid flavors I have tried it didn't smoke well for long. If you like Nakhla DA maybe you'll like it.

• 9 months later...
Tangiers Lucid Apple

[b]Packing:[/b] Standard Tangiers Dense Pack w/ Foil Test

[b]Smell:[/b] A spiced yellow apple (Golden Delicious type). I also detected a hint of anise, although I distinctly remember Eric saying there's no anise in his apple flavor offerings. The smell closely resembles an apple pie filling.

[b]Heat:[/b] This flavor seems to take less heat to get started, yet seems to adapt to excess heat quite well.

[b]Taste:[/b] The flavor closely resembles the smell, except the hint of anise fluctuates in and out during the session. There is a savory yellow apple flavor on the inhale, as stated, closely resembling an apple pie filling...but, more like a gourmet apple pie...not really a canned apple pie filling. The spice background tends to push the flavor along your palate and coats your mouth on exhale. Hints of what seem to be nutmeg and an earthy cinnamon come into play.

[b]Stash Priority:[/b] Mandatory. 500g in stock at a minimum.

[b]Final Thoughts:[/b] Although not a pure Apple flavor, Tangiers Lucid Apple offers a wonderful alternative to the traditional Apple offerings from other brands. Neither heavy on anise or floral notes, Tangiers seems to take a different spin on Apple. Some may call this a straight foward flavor, but I beg to differ. There is something about this flavor, though at first experience, may seem uneventful...will make you consider it for every session. Maybe it's joy comes from it's awkward mix of simplicity and peculiarity. Whatever the reason, Tangiers Lucid Apple will surely find its way into the stash of those who shun the anise ridden apples that dominate the market. And for the lucky few, like this reviewer, find its way into their hearts.

• 8 months later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers Lucid [color="#FFA500"]Apple[/color] (Flavor #2)[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Nammor Azizi
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds HD
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Little Anise Smell
[b]Taste:[/b] Tastes like light apple and anise
[b]Smoke:[/b] Great Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]7/10 It's a good apple for those that can't take the full brunt of double apple. It has a nice undertone something similar to anise or cinnamon/cardamom. I like it but I probably won't buy it much.

• 10 months later...
Tangiers Lucid Apple

Hookah: Nawras Brass Syrian
Bowl: Tangiers Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy
Hose: Custom Nammor
Coals: Two Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: We all know what it looks like!
Smell: Smells like a great luscious apple
Taste: Same
Smoke: Great clouds, as always
Buzz: None, it's Lucid
Duration: ~2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade with cp44

It's the best apple flavor I've tried yet, as I hate anise and think it's misleading to call an anise flavor apple or double apple. That's what I like about what Eric has done here. He's actually made a great APPLE flavor. Who would've thought someone could actually make it apple and not anise?! Okay, enough sarcasm... If you're looking for a true apple flavor, this is the one. 10/10.