Melon Blend

xpimpitox

Tangiers Melon Blend

Smell/Flavor: Smells like a strong honeydew melon with no hint of watermelon, the blend is supposed to be honeydew, water, and canteloupe. the flavor was a very strong honeydew with a watermelon undertone. very tasty.

Cut: standard tangiers cut, big leaves and very juicy!

Smoke: a little thin at first but once it got goin it was super duper thick! very aromatic and pleasing!

Buzz: not as heavy duty as i usually get with tangiers. a little stronger than your average buzz but very relax at the same time.

Amount(approx)/Duration: id say about 40 mins because we had some fumari necatarine to try. the shisha was still incredibly wet as if it wasnt smoked at all!

Hookah Type: 27inch egyptian.

Bowl: Tangiers Funnel Bowl (this bowl is freakin awesome!!!)

Foil/Screen: reynolds heavy duty foil

Coal/Amount: 3 Sultan japanese coals

Liquid in Base: ice and h20

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 7.5/10. a very delicious flavor that i would highly recommend, but it personally i love tangiers watermelon a lot more. very good either way. i never give half scores but it woulda gotten a full 8 if it had a dominant watermelon with a honeydew undertone. either way this is an awesome smoke and you would not be dissapointed.

• 1 year later...
Tangiers Melon Blend

Appearance: dark, moist, usual tangiers cut. a few big stems actually

Smell: melons! yummy yummy yummy

Setup: chinese knock off, 3 coconaras

Smoke: awesome clouds right at the first pull

Taste: delicious. just like you'd expect a melon blend to taste.

Duration: about 30 mins into it, was so happy with the flavor i had to write a review.

Buzz: feelin it!

Result: Awesome flavor, best I've had so far. If you haven't tried melon blend yet, GET SOME!!!!

• 4 months later...
Tangiers Melon Blend

Setup: 26" MZ Perpetual River, Medium Phunnel, Golden Canary Japs, Warm water, Nammor

Look: Typical Tangiers look with sort of strips cut.
Smell: AMAZING! Definite watermelon and melon. Both come through and neither over powers the other.
Taste: WOW! Orgasm in the mouth good. Melon on inhale and beginning of exhale but watermelon just pops out!
Smoke: Jesus, the clouds were incredible with absolutely no harshness despite a pretty big shift in the weather when we smoked.
Buzz: Typical Tangiers

Overall: 10/10! Always keeping a large stock of this around! Get it now even if you are scared of Tangiers. This one is so easy to smoke and take it with amazing flavor.

• 6 months later...
Original Review Date: 4/16/06
Flavor Reviewed: Tangier’s Melon Blend
Setup:
MYA Acrylic
Ma’assel Total Weight:
Look, the real reason I haven’t weighed any of these is because there’s gun powder all over my electronic scale, since I’m in the middle of loading 2500 rounds for a match this weekend. Get off my back.

Background:
Tangiers plans on being my Arabic wife. Also, since the lovely and talented Miss surfpico accused this forum of being sexist, I will refrain from making any melon jokes.

Appearance:
Black as night, and, um… twice and right.

Smell:
Not gross. I am not a big melon fan (this is not a boob joke), and find some of the flavors to be punch you in the face overwhelming. This was strong, but pleasant. Not too big, not too small. Fit in my hand just right. Um… smelled like honeydews and cantaloupe and… other melon flavors that I didn’t recognize. This review is going downhill. At least there is no Hasselhoff.

Flavor:
Best Melon I’ve had in a long time that I didn’t have to pay for. That was sorta like a bad stripper joke. Anyway, it was tasty, and much better then any of the others I’ve tried. I really do find some of the others to be overwhelming at times, almost to the point of gagging. This was tasty, with a mix of melon and other fruit flavors. It’s what you would expect from a melon blend, but I feel it’s put together better.

Smoke Density:
Luscious.

Roomnote:
Sorta like you’re in a Bath and Body works. Not in a bad way though I guess.

Buzz:
Pretty damn good.

Overall Impressions:
I think I need sleep, because I’m not sure if I’m writing coherently at this point or not. As for the flavor, if you’re a melon fan, and you like ma’assel with balls, go for it.

Rating: 9.0 out of 10.0

• 9 months later...
[size="3"][b]Tangiers [color="#ff8c00"]Melon Blend[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray Odyssey
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Melon Bliss
[b]Taste: [/b]Like Melon Awesomeness [b]
Smoke:[/b] Huge White Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Good Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 This is by far hands down one of the best shishas ever made! It's Honeydew, Cantaloupe and Watermelon Blended together. It's super tasty the whole way through. The flavor is amazing and keeps you just wanting more. I will never be without this shisha in my stash.

• 2 months later...
[color=#CACACA][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][b]Tangiers [color="#FF0000"]Melon Blend[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] KM Single Pear 36in (Green)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#CACACA][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][b]Bowl:[/b] Alien Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Narbish v3
[b]Coals: [/b]Easy Lites

[b]Appearance: [/b]Typical Tangiers
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.3%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: Cantaloupe, and everything melon. Light smelling though, not very in your face.[/b]
[b]Taste: Mmmmmmmmm. Awesome. Light, very melon tasting. Good sweet flavor.[/b]
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Good Buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 3 hours, and the bowl wasnt done.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#CACACA][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][b]
Purchased From:[/b] Eric's Lounge.

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 I've tried sweet melon from Nak, Safari Melon Dew from SB, and Summer Crisp from Romman, and I wasnt a fan of any of these. Even though they aren't simulations of each other they all have that light melon taste. I had figured that the sweet melon taste just wasnt for me, but this on the other hand is exactly what I was looking for. A definite recommendation for sure.[/size][/font][/color]

• 1 year later...
[b]Tangiers Melon Blend[/b]

[b]Hookah:[/b] 28" KM
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Heavy Duty Reynolds - 1 layer
[b]Hose:[/b] KM leather, the long version.
[b]Coals:[/b] 3 Kings 33mm.

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short Cut, Dark, Moist. Standard Tangiers Consistency
[b]Smell: [/b]Like a blend between watermelon and some other melons. I smell watermelon mostly - extremely sweet smelling.
[b]Taste:[/b] Started out kind of bland, this was first good bowl pack of Tangier's I have done (third overall), but after about 10 minutes it was not to sweet, and just right. Watermelons and possibly Honeydew?
[b]Smoke:[/b] Kind of harsh at first but it turned into a decent smoking bowl for being outside in 60 degree weather with a slight wind.
[b]Buzz:[/b] Imagine two trucks colliding in your head. Yep, I was out of it for a good hour.
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] HookahJohn

[b]Overall:[/b] 8/10. The flavor was fantastic, the smoke was good. The only pain I had was starting it, but again, I am new to Tangier's so I view this good bowl as a very good sign of things to come. I plan on finishing this 250g package within a week or so along with the Kashmir Apple I have yet to try.