Yes, Another Post About Cars

Urloc

Hi dudes,

I want to buy a car here in Thailand but the thing is I have no fucking idea about cars and I know nobody here who can help me out so...

I like the old Mercedes and Volvo, the new line of them I think personally sucks. Yeah, they are good and yeah they are stylish and this and that but they are freaking expensive and the thing I hate the most, they come packed with electronics. I personally think electronics in a car are just a good way to get expensive repairs and mostly, are not really necessary on a car. With an old car you can just take it to the corner garage and they can fix it but a new one? The circuit is burnt, the onboard computer is fucked up and then... spending a lot.

So, the car I like the most so far is this one:

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet3A.aspx?cib=962714

It is in Thai language but the important stuff is:

Year 1993

Works with LPG

$6000

What do you guys think?

The tank is for LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) or Propane. The main thing you need to make sure on the old benz's is that the LPG install was done by a professional and has all of the necessary paperwork for it to be certified.

How many miles are on the car, when was its last tune up, hows the service history. These are all the things you need to be asking before you buy the car.

Hi guys,

This is thailand so, everybody is authorized to do it... having a paper to prove you are authorized just means you bribed somebody to get it.

And yes, that tank is for LPG... 30c per kg which means it is fucking cheap to drive it. The mileage? Nobody can tell actually because tinkering with the meter is so easy but for sure it would be 300.000+ miles.

Here there isn't such a thing as a service history... come on man... there are not even papers of ownership for a car like that...you pay the money and you get the keys, you are the new owner.

Anyways, I am pondering to buy a new one instead... the thing is that I wanted an old and difficult to break car because I am new to drive with the wheel on the right side.

Just for the record, if I buy a new car it is not gonna be a Benz... I am not that rich. Probably I will go for a pick-up truck.