My Collection

alex.padmore

Here are two of my pipes, I also have a KM and an Elmas (pics pending)

Left is a Nawras Al Fakher Solid Look-a-Like with a new tray, and right is a Nour Syrian.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/57c28663-468b-c2a6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/57c28663-4696-af21.jpg[/IMG]

That's awesome man. I'm really digging it, and it's even more special since you know how much work you put into it. I'm going to be on the lookout for something for mine. The trays I have are nice, but could be better. You know what I mean- you probably got something similar with yours. The tray on my crosshatch Nawras is a lot thicker and more durable than the AF Look-Alike's, but still isn't ornate enough for me. It doesn't fit the shank as much as I think it should, in other words. Too plain-jane.

Question though- Is the ability to catch falling coals compromised with this new tray? That's the only thing I'm worried about. My current trays are quite good at catching coal falls. I'd hate to give that up just to have a neater tray. If I recall correctly, the flat Elmas tray was still good at catching coals, but then again it was a rather wide tray.

So far so good - it has a diameter of 9" so although it's quite flat the slight dip over such a wide distance seems to do the trick.
Thanks for the kind words, I'll stick some pics up later on so you see what i mean.

No worries- iPhones take pretty good pics. Used mine almost exclusively for all my pics I took on my honeymoon trip to NYC. :)

Dude, that is so ballin'. I gots to find me one of those... or two. :lol: The detail is so nice. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Older Nawras actually came with really detailed trays similar to that. Shame the newer ones do not. I think the flat profile fits Syrian pipes just as well as they fit Turkish, if not more.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1344139505' post='553361']
No worries- iPhones take pretty good pics. Used mine almost exclusively for all my pics I took on my honeymoon trip to NYC. :)

Dude, that is so ballin'. I gots to find me one of those... or two. :lol: The detail is so nice. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Older Nawras actually came with really detailed trays similar to that. Shame the newer ones do not. I think the flat profile fits Syrian pipes just as well as they fit Turkish, if not more.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Thanks man, good luck finding one you like! :)

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1344141225' post='553363']
Damn.. I love those bases! Especially the one on the Nour!! sexxy
[/quote]
Thanks, I got them from a retailer in Hungary, but i think HJ carries them from time to time..
  • Upvote 1

nice collection !! loving the pipes, is the black base a boho too ?

LOVe the tray so sick, i have the same nour its a nice little pipe c:

[quote name='ironBALLS' timestamp='1344218001' post='553432']
nice collection dude...
[/quote]
Thank you
[quote name='Twitchy' timestamp='1344229075' post='553452']
nice collection !! loving the pipes, is the black base a boho too ?

LOVe the tray so sick, i have the same nour its a nice little pipe c:
[/quote]
Thanks man, yeah they are both bohos.

• 2 weeks later...
Well done on the tray, Man. That works out pretty well with the screw on top that stem has. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for some brass trays for my brass pipes. I have some for my silver pipes, but haven't drilled them yet.