Do You Like Your Job

Coleman

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1342660260' post='552065']
Awww. I was hoping it was more like that not (I understand how often reality shows skew, um, reality). Silly Cajuns make me laugh!
[/quote]

There's definitely some silly/crazy ass cajuns here! But 99% of us do no alligator hunt (or anything like that) lol. Nor do I know of ANYONE who practices voodoo like you see on cajun justice.
There is voodoo in Louisiana's history, no doubt. But it's nothing today like it was in the days of slavery and all.
Louisiana is about AMAZINGGGGG food and having a good time with friends and family (usually this involves lots of alcohol!). That seriously sums up Louisiana haha

ive had 9 jobs since i was sixteen, ive been EVERYTHING from Cd Tradepost, Universitees (college tshirts), Super Saver (Grocery), FedEx Ground, Ancient wisdom as a Licensed Massage Therapist, a Chiropracter as a massage therapist, Kmart, Harmony courts (retirement home) and now finally im at Menards Distribution center unloading trucks with a forklift

i got a $3 raise from Harmony Courts to Menards at 11.30 an hour with Dental and health and 401K after a year, ive been there three weeks and ive lost 15lbs lol its very physical and hot because its a bigass open warehouse

im Loving it so far, they do programs twice a year called "Hop To It" where you work an extra however many hours in a two month period and you get a $500 Menards Gift Card, and if you work 500 hours before December 15th i get a check back for i beleive 10 percent of my earnings!

Yeah dude....my jobs pretty much rockin, ive already had people who have been there for a long time tell me "You've Got Management Written all over you" meaning they see me goin places

I hope it works out for you as well!

I was in Mississippi for a bit and spent quite a bit of time in New Orleans. I was not a fan of the French Quarter at night, but during the day is was nice...though a bit piss-smelly from the night before.

True story about that food though. Honestly, I would go back to New Orleans just to eat at Cafe DuMonde for the whole day.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1342726195' post='552128']
I was in Mississippi for a bit and spent quite a bit of time in New Orleans. I was not a fan of the French Quarter at night, but during the day is was nice...though a bit piss-smelly from the night before.

True story about that food though. Honestly, I would go back to New Orleans just to eat at Cafe DuMonde for the whole day.
[/quote]

lol cafe DuMonde is good.
But all the best places are the hole in the wall restaurants you don't think to eat at! :)

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1342726645' post='552132']
By the way, Duck Dynasty is from Monroe, LA. Those guys are hilarious.
[/quote]

lol Yes, yes they are.

[quote name='bruceg' timestamp='1342726344' post='552130']

[/quote]

But all the best places are the hole in the wall restaurants you don't think to eat at! :)
[/quote]Oh, I've been around and eaten at a lot of "local joints". It's what I do as a foodie. But, I wouldn't make a trip back for those meals

....but, those beignets.... :nyam1: :wub: :nyam1: :wub: Not a big fan of the chicory coffee though. Good, but not great.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1342726853' post='552135']
[quote name='bruceg' timestamp='1342726344' post='552130']

[/quote]

[/quote]Oh, I've been around and eaten at a lot of "local joints". It's what I do as a foodie. But, I wouldn't make a trip back for those meals

....but, those beignets.... :nyam1: :wub: :nyam1: :wub: Not a big fan of the chicory coffee though. Good, but not great.
[/quote]

I guess Cafe DuMonde is just over rated to me cause I live so close and have eaten there far too many times. lol

The next best beignet place I've eaten at is at Disneyland in California. :) After that, it's Cafe Beignet...and that's a long distant 3rd place.

Sorry, this has turned into a NOLA thread.

• 4 weeks later...
I work as a custodian at an elementary/middle school location, spending the majority of my time performing the usual cleaning duties at the elementary school. The cleaning itself is boring and unstimulating, of course, but overall I must say that I like my job. Perhaps not "love", but like a lot. I've have several jobs and this one will soon be my longest-running job, even at $9.78 an hour. My coworkers are great, the school staff (with a few exceptions) is fairly level-headed and easygoing. It's an easy job and I get plenty of alone time to think and reflect. Besides, it's cool working in older buildings; so much history and old equipment around, it's a wannabe-engineer's wet dream.

Oh, and it helps that I could stand to make anywhere from $16.00 to $24.00 an hour in the next year, so yeah.