New To The Hookah Forum -- Dropping In To Say Hello!

Hakooh Bar

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Hookah Forum, but dropped in because I noticed a large amount of good information availible. I am going to start my own hookah bar here shortly and came here to have some possible questions answered.

A little bit about me first, My name is Eric and I live in Virginia. I have a degree in Finance and marketing and am getting my MBA now.
I enjoy wakeboarding, snowboarding, jetskiing, hockey, and networking with new people. I try to keep busy with business development and a hookah bar is one of two things I am doing.

I would like to network with as many hookah users here as possible and learn answers to everything I do not know, as well as share information I do know and become a valuable member of this community. I admin a set of forums myself and know how much a single member that contributes can add value to a set of forums.

Thanks for reading my introduction and I looking forward to meeting you all,
Eric
Hakooh Bar

Well you did state the things you enjoy, and hookah wasn't one of them. :) I personally haven't ever been to a lounge where the owner didn't smoke, as it takes a bit of know how (even though it is not rocket science), but that is with every undertaking.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors nonetheless, and the community will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have on the way.

Welcome to HF!

I would say that not smoking yourself will only make it harder to know what is best in the world of hookah, and the proper techniques to make it as perfect as can be for the customer. I trust you will have some employees who are into hookah that will provide you guidance into how it's done? Still, with that, I see complications. It's best to know how to do it all yourself, and make sure your employees are all on the same page as you in terms of how to prepare, etc. So that way your customers can believe in consistency at your lounge. ;)

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1319629847' post='528909']
Well you did state the things you enjoy, and hookah wasn't one of them. :) I personally haven't ever been to a lounge where the owner didn't smoke, as it takes a bit of know how (even though it is not rocket science), but that is with every undertaking.

I wish you good luck in your endeavors nonetheless, and the community will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have on the way.
[/quote]

The co-founder/ chief operations "officer" / investor is a heavy hookah smoker. I am more of the business manager, business development guy. As i read in an old post from one of the Admins, Hookah bars are a business which are around to make money :).

I agree heavily that owning a Hookah bar and having no experience would fail quickly, the heavy hookah smoker is the one that will be running daily operations and setting all of that up.

@cp44, Hampton Roads area think Va Beach, Norfolk area.

@Chreees, yes I should have mentioned in my original post that the co-owner is the person that knows everything about hookah. He currently frequents a hookah bar several times a week and has several years of smoking experience. I came here so that I could better understand about hookah even without smoking it so that when him and I are discussing things I have a better understanding.

Thank you all for welcoming me, already makes this a much better place. I would be interested in having a mentor that owns a hookah lounge as-well if anyone is interested :) Edited by Hakooh Bar

Thank you Allstar, luckily my area is someplace in Florida, think central Florida. Do you own a Hookah Bar locally? Seeing your location we probably live less than 15 minutes from one-another.