Qu'ran Burning In Florida And Afghan Riots

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1302087038' post='504354']
Well, now Christian's have never been known to take part in Massacres now have they?

[url="http://www.answers.com/topic/sabra-and-shatila-massacre"]http://www.answers.c...hatila-massacre[/url]

(i hope by now you realize I don't take sides here)
[/quote]

Okay, that's one.

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1302191314' post='504547']
Well, now Christian's have never been known to take part in Massacres now have they?

[url="http://www.answers.com/topic/sabra-and-shatila-massacre"]http://www.answers.c...hatila-massacre[/url]

[/quote]

Okay, that's one.
[/quote]

One. One? ONE????? Did you never ever in your life pick up a hitory book?

'Rani

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1302185324' post='504536']
Put a cross in a bucket of piss, and some jackass will call it art
Repaint the last supper with some naked woman in the center, and get a gov't run museum to exhibit it.
Another naked woman on a cross in an image depicting the final moments of Y-shua and it will be worthy of more Gov't sponsored floor space.
Smear the Holy Mother with elephant shit, and get a federal endowment grant.
Y-shua getting a BJ from a gay guy gets state funding from the economic development office (why??), and a spot in a gov't museum

And I am supposed to think some idiot burning a koran in the USA is a big affront? That is just plain bat-shit crazy.

Moreover, I am supposed to worry how the average afghan is insulted by that action... in a country that openly persecutes Christians, and will gang-murder you with rocks in the street if you own a Christian Bible? I don't think I am going to give a feck about it.

Pull the US forces out of the place, and let them murder eachother over it; after all, if it's not that, it's going to be something else.
[/quote]

None of that is the point. It's called personal responsbility for your actions and the results thereof. Try not being on the Muder One w/ Special Circumstances docket because somebody dies in a very ugly way in the middle of a robbery you didn't know your buddy was going to pull when you left the house together. See how far the "I didn't know the result" gets you. Don't do shit if you know it's going to start shit. Period. Take some goddamned personal responsibility for the ripples in the pond you create with every action you take. Or at least don't puss out and say, "It's not my fault.." Bullshit. It is your fault. Do you know what determines the "fault" in a traffic accident? It's determined to be the person who committed the action without which the accident would have been avoided. So yes, if you commit an action that results in whatever chaos, as a direct result of your action you are at fault.

'Rani

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1302153448' post='504508']
People are capable of rational thought. Are you saying those people are not?
And what would cause them to lose this ability?
[/quote]

I use that statement of "irrational beast" as a reference back to the prior conversations. Not because I do or do not believe they are or are not rational. I don't know them personally, and I learned a very long time ago, not to believe ANYTHING the media puts in front of me as truth.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1302134027' post='504485']
[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1302071522' post='504351']
Its more like if I was driving and I cut you off and then you went out and killed some white guy, because hey we are all the same. Sure I will take responsibility for being and asshole but I wont take responsibility for murder.

You remember the flag burnings in the Middle East? If some Christian went out and killed a bunch of Muslims were would your blame lie?
[/quote]

The same thing applies. It's the knowing in advance and doing it anyway that bring responsibility back onto your doorstep. He KNEW, he absolutely KNEW the result, admitted it many times before he called off this stupidity last year, and simply did not care. That doesn't mean those who committed the crime bear no responsibility, but the person who incited it also carries a substantial portion.

So I contend it is exactly the same as waiving a red flag before an irrational beast. If you know the beast is irrational, what the hell are you doing waiving the freakin' flag?????

'Rani
[/quote]

rani, i like your reply. would you say the same thing if it was about a scantily-clad-female-stripper/prostitute rape victim?
  • Upvote 1

[/quote]

a bunch of fools being used by an entity that didn't want to fight its own war.

[quote name='nun' timestamp='1302228164' post='504613']
Its more like if I was driving and I cut you off and then you went out and killed some white guy, because hey we are all the same. Sure I will take responsibility for being and asshole but I wont take responsibility for murder.

You remember the flag burnings in the Middle East? If some Christian went out and killed a bunch of Muslims were would your blame lie?
[/quote]

The same thing applies. It's the knowing in advance and doing it anyway that bring responsibility back onto your doorstep. He KNEW, he absolutely KNEW the result, admitted it many times before he called off this stupidity last year, and simply did not care. That doesn't mean those who committed the crime bear no responsibility, but the person who incited it also carries a substantial portion.

So I contend it is exactly the same as waiving a red flag before an irrational beast. If you know the beast is irrational, what the hell are you doing waiving the freakin' flag?????

'Rani
[/quote]

rani, i like your reply. would you say the same thing if it was about a scantily-clad-female-stripper/prostitute rape victim?
[/quote]

Interesting point

[quote name='nun' timestamp='1302228164' post='504613']

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would never say someone was "asking for it". But I would say that yes, someone's choice of dress or profession does with their knowledge attract a certain type of attention. There's a reason why women choose to dress without going provocative with it. Because they choose not to bring that type of attention to themselves. So does the victim bear some responsibility for having attracted the attention in the first place? I would have to say, yes. You don't put merchandise in the front window if you're not at least hoping for some window shoppers. Ripples in the pond. Every action creates a reaction, so it behooves us to be certain we can live with the inevitable results of our actions.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1302207103' post='504576']
Repaint the last supper with some naked woman in the center, and get a gov't run museum to exhibit it.
Another naked woman on a cross in an image depicting the final moments of Y-shua and it will be worthy of more Gov't sponsored floor space.
Y-shua getting a BJ from a gay guy gets state funding from the economic development office (why??), and a spot in a gov't museum

And I am supposed to think some idiot burning a koran in the USA is a big affront? That is just plain bat-shit crazy.

Moreover, I am supposed to worry how the average afghan is insulted by that action... in a country that openly persecutes Christians, and will gang-murder you with rocks in the street if you own a Christian Bible? I don't think I am going to give a feck about it.

Pull the US forces out of the place, and let them murder eachother over it; after all, if it's not that, it's going to be something else.
[/quote]

None of that is the point. It's called personal responsbility for your actions and the results thereof. Try not being on the Muder One w/ Special Circumstances docket because somebody dies in a very ugly way in the middle of a robbery you didn't know your buddy was going to pull when you left the house together. See how far the "I didn't know the result" gets you. Don't do shit if you know it's going to start shit. Period. Take some goddamned personal responsibility for the ripples in the pond you create with every action you take. Or at least don't puss out and say, "It's not my fault.." Bullshit. It is your fault. Do you know what determines the "fault" in a traffic accident? It's determined to be the person who committed the action without which the accident would have been avoided. So yes, if you commit an action that results in whatever chaos, as a direct result of your action you are at fault.

'Rani
[/quote]

You put a personal responsibility on the guy that torches a book, but not the Muslims that are murdering people... I got it. Muslim-apologists seem to abound in the PC society that is drowning the nation. Why not put some blame on the Muslims that flew civilian jets full of Americans into buildings full of Americans-after all, that was the pivotal event that caused the rise of people like the crazy-pastor. Oh, wait, I forgot... the crazy fools are never guilty for their actions. I can only assume you are implying they don't have the self control to be able to not murder people any time they are mad about something. To that end I say they are not fit to be alive, and walking the face of the earth. If we have to tip toe around them out of fear they are going to over react to anything, it's time to turn the place to glass, and be done with the whole mess.

If you put an accomplice in a violent crime into the same boat as someone exercising their free speech right, then there is no hope your your ever actually figuring out the truth beyond the liberal propaganda.

Traffic accidents are decided on a percent of fault. You are partially at fault for just being there. I believe it's called "proportional comparative negligence" or some such. I would have to wake up the DA to ask her for the correct name to be sure.... and she was WAY too grouchy to even consider that tonight. I may sneak off to bed and leave her sacked out on the couch with a double-wolfhound-blanket for that matter. In any case, to apply the same logic, the preacher was at fault to a degree, but the major cause, and effector in the riot/murder were the Afghans. As a proportional comparative ratio would find them more than 50% guilty, they then are assumed to be guilty, and wholly responsible for the event in it's entirety. Hey... I like your logic, once it's evaluated from a legal standpoint.

Furthermore, to apply your logic to the abortion clinic shooting/bombing freaks... they were enraged by what they viewed as an insult to their G-d, and were acting to prevent the deaths of children. So, I guess they get the same exhortation in your view too! That's mighty conservative of you... maybe even too far right for me, if that is possible. Or do we expect them to control themselves, all the while giving the Muslims a pass-but that would be hypocritical to a degree that your point becomes little more than noise.

Then there are the crazy Christians that feel homosexuality is an insult to G-d. And damages their faith, enrages them.... do they get to go mow down the rainbow parade in SF with AK-74's, and get a free pass?

Your statement breaks down like a 1980 yugo once it is applied to both sides evenly. Why would the Muslim defense of thier beliefs carry more weight than a Christian's, or a Jew's?

Besides I can hardly comprehend a fender bender as associated to a murderous mob randomly bombing/shooting people for no other reason than some assumed self righteous religious bullshite afront to an immaginary being they can neither see, nor hear.

knowing in advance is fortune telling. I broke my crystal ball. No one knows how someone will react. Does that mean I can put a sign up that says anyone that insults my religious beliefs deliberately is going to drive me to put .408 in the forehead of some innocent jackass walking by? After all, they know in advance that it will happen, so it becomes their fault. What does Michael Savage call liberalism again? I'm starting to think he is right.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1302241118' post='504639']

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

You put a personal responsibility on the guy that torches a book, but not the Muslims that are murdering people... I got it. Muslim-apologists seem to abound in the PC society that is drowning the nation. Why not put some blame on the Muslims that flew civilian jets full of Americans into buildings full of Americans-after all, that was the pivotal event that caused the rise of people like the crazy-pastor. Oh, wait, I forgot... the crazy fools are never guilty for their actions. I can only assume you are implying they don't have the self control to be able to not murder people any time they are mad about something. To that end I say they are not fit to be alive, and walking the face of the earth. If we have to tip toe around them out of fear they are going to over react to anything, it's time to turn the place to glass, and be done with the whole mess.

If you put an accomplice in a violent crime into the same boat as someone exercising their free speech right, then there is no hope your your ever actually figuring out the truth beyond the liberal propaganda.

Traffic accidents are decided on a percent of fault. You are partially at fault for just being there. I believe it's called "proportional comparative negligence" or some such. I would have to wake up the DA to ask her for the correct name to be sure.... and she was WAY too grouchy to even consider that tonight. I may sneak off to bed and leave her sacked out on the couch with a double-wolfhound-blanket for that matter. In any case, to apply the same logic, the preacher was at fault to a degree, but the major cause, and effector in the riot/murder were the Afghans. As a proportional comparative ratio would find them more than 50% guilty, they then are assumed to be guilty, and wholly responsible for the event in it's entirety. Hey... I like your logic, once it's evaluated from a legal standpoint.

Furthermore, to apply your logic to the abortion clinic shooting/bombing freaks... they were enraged by what they viewed as an insult to their G-d, and were acting to prevent the deaths of children. So, I guess they get the same exhortation in your view too! That's mighty conservative of you... maybe even too far right for me, if that is possible. Or do we expect them to control themselves, all the while giving the Muslims a pass-but that would be hypocritical to a degree that your point becomes little more than noise.

Then there are the crazy Christians that feel homosexuality is an insult to G-d. And damages their faith, enrages them.... do they get to go mow down the rainbow parade in SF with AK-74's, and get a free pass?

Your statement breaks down like a 1980 yugo once it is applied to both sides evenly. Why would the Muslim defense of thier beliefs carry more weight than a Christian's, or a Jew's?

Besides I can hardly comprehend a fender bender as associated to a murderous mob randomly bombing/shooting people for no other reason than some assumed self righteous religious bullshite afront to an immaginary being they can neither see, nor hear.

knowing in advance is fortune telling. I broke my crystal ball. No one knows how someone will react. Does that mean I can put a sign up that says anyone that insults my religious beliefs deliberately is going to drive me to put .408 in the forehead of some innocent jackass walking by? After all, they know in advance that it will happen, so it becomes their fault. What does Michael Savage call liberalism again? I'm starting to think he is right.
[/quote]

Excellent points!

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1302241118' post='504639']

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't actually ever read what we write do you? Because you miss the entire focus of "partial" responsibility. Some responsibility, etc. Nobody here including me has ever once said the people committing the crimes have no responsibility. And the errant "preacher" himself said he knew what the result would be. No crystal ball necesssary. Sheesh........ Scotsman. READ!

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1302206749' post='504573']

[/quote]

Okay, that's one.
[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

Just humor me and tell me about some others.

[quote name='noodle' timestamp='1302278262' post='504685']
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1302206749' post='504573']

[/quote]

Okay, that's one.
[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

Just humor me and tell me about some others.
[/quote]

No. I've already noticed you like to debate for the sake of debate. No problem with that, but I'm just not interested in going down that road with you again. But thank you for playing.

'Rani

I just did a quick google of "christian led massacres" and it pulls up a few instances. just do the google for yourself, noodle. there has been more than one.

The whole Christian Massacre issue is totally beside the point. Hitlers ideals and actions were essentially atheistic and yet being a agnostic I bare no responsibility for his actions.

As far as responsibility goes, I am kind of surprised that you would actually place blame on a scantily clad rape victim, but let us take it one step further. What about being black. There are plenty of black men who have been murdered solely on the basis of their skin color. Do you then blame the African American for his genetic disposition knowing full well that the color of his skin infuriates another man to murder?

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1302294551' post='504712']
The whole Christian Massacre issue is totally beside the point. Hitlers ideals and actions were essentially atheistic and yet being a agnostic I bare no responsibility for his actions.

As far as responsibility goes, I am kind of surprised that you would actually place blame on a scantily clad rape victim, but let us take it one step further. What about being black. There are plenty of black men who have been murdered solely on the basis of their skin color. Do you then blame the African American for his genetic disposition knowing full well that the color of his skin infuriates another man to murder?
[/quote]

Hold on.... I never said a rape victim was responsibile for being raped. What I did say (perhaps not well enough) was that your choice of dress and/or profession does play a part in the attention you get. Dressing a certain way, or for example choosing to become a celebrity brings a much greater percentage of attention to your doorstep. Let's say you as Mr. Joe Average just walking down the street attract attention from approximately 200 people per day. Dress in day glo orange wearing a foam green top hat and purple sneakers, you amp your attention percentage up a couple thousand percent, true? So you would have to take responsibility for that increase in attention. Does that mean that correspondingly you automatically are responsible for people throwing things at you? Of course not - they're responsible. But your action of choosing to increase your attention quotient plays a part in the resulting action. When you amped up the percentage, you amped up the potential for problems by sheer mathmatics because of the increased number of people crossing your path. Does that mean you should become a wallflower and melt into the buildings like a chameleon? No, but you should be aware of and acknowledge the increased attention.

If you think black men and women aren't aware of that increased attention (and therefore escalating risk) because of their skin color, you're not hanging out with enough black people.

'Rani

[/quote]

Forgot to add.......Hitler was the subject of a thesis of mine. He was not atheist. In fact, he ran about as "God crazy" as Preacher Terry himself. It was the original basis for his hatred of the Jews.

'Rani

[/quote]

i don't think it's possible for any unborn person to [u]choose[/u] what skin color or ethnicity he/she will be born into.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1302290831' post='504708']
I just did a quick google of "christian led massacres" and it pulls up a few instances. just do the google for yourself, noodle. there has been more than one.
[/quote]

I understand there is quite a bit of that happening around Sudan. Taken as a whole, though, the number is really quite small compared to violence dealt with Islam as an excuse.