How To Get Rid Of Hookah Session Smell

The way I see it, if they are completely against smoking hookah itself, there is no way you would convince them the house smells fine.

My parents when I visit home are the extact ame way.

I've got an indoor patio that I love, and they don't mind me smoking "outside"

[quote name='magick777' timestamp='1300676829' post='502241']
Without being at all facetious - are your parents [b]really[/b] dumb enough to think NHT smells like apples, oranges, roses or whatever you're smoking? In response to ignorance of hookah, I could foresee a pipe being confused with an NHT device by sight, but most certainly not by smell.

IMHO, if the problem is smoking in the house at all, then respect that and smoke outside. People have good reasons for such rules, normally, whether it be asthma, fire safety, or whatever. On the other hand, if smoking is OK but there is a confusion with NHT, do it and take the opportunity to educate them if questions are asked. I can't see anyone being able to sustain a claim that NHT smells of peaches these days :-)
[/quote]

^^ This!

My parents disapproved of the hookah for the longest of times, but once I got them to smell a few of the flavours, they let me buy my own and smoke it in my room. They were a bit reluctant in the beginning but now they don't mind it at all! Like I'm smoking and my dad comes to my room and asks me about my day and everything, while I'm talking and smoking.

Probably had to do with my room smelling so nice (comeon! The room DOES smell so nice after a smoking session) and them seeing that I'm not getting [b]EDIT[/b] or something. Edited by INCUBUSRATM
NHT.

some parents are just this way. I remember if the house didn't smell like that new house smell, then there was something wrong. Even when they would admit it smelled better with the hookah scent floating around. My friend and I use Ozium spray that is usually used [b]EDIT[/b] [b]to clear up unwanted, overpowering odors.[/b] Edited by r1v3th3ad
NHT reference

• 2 months later...
I had problems getting that smell out too cos I dont get very good airflow through my place. I got myself a little air purifier and it pretty much clears up all the smells and lingering smoke. The one I got was a [url="http://www.alenairpurifierreviews.com/alen-a350-air-purifier-review"]Alen A350 Air Purifier[/url], it seemed to be the best value for money. They arent the cheapest thing but mine has been worth it for me.

I've probably smoked inside like 50 times. All I do is smoke with my front and back door open (screen door). Gets a nice cross breeze going during my session. After 30 minutes there is no smell. My parents have never noticed.

Throw some macaroni on the burner. Say you made mac and cheese and you got messy. Smell disappears in about 5-10 minutes.

[quote name='ilikemyusername' timestamp='1300842982' post='502503']
[quote name='peaceman27' timestamp='1300647464' post='502202']
put popcorn in the microwave for ten minutes. you can't smell anything over the smell of burnt popcorn.
[/quote]

fuckin A man.
[/quote]

you want him to burn popcorn everyday and think his parents are so stupid

[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1300851938' post='502530']
[quote name='Big_Dee' timestamp='1300415252' post='501949']
So my folks, the ones [b]I'm staying with for like a week,[/b] don't approve of smoking
hookah for the same reason typical people don't like it: they think its NHT.
[/quote]
You're only there for a week, you can't [b]just wait[/b]?
[/quote]

Most appropriate response to this situation.

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1307387464' post='511897']
[quote name='dizzbizz' timestamp='1300851938' post='502530']
[quote name='Big_Dee' timestamp='1300415252' post='501949']
So my folks, the ones [b]I'm staying with for like a week,[/b] don't approve of smoking
hookah for the same reason typical people don't like it: they think its NHT.
[/quote]
You're only there for a week, you can't [b]just wait[/b]?
[/quote]

Most appropriate response to this situation.
[/quote]

A week is a long time to go without if you're used to the higher nicotine brands....

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1300429143' post='501967']
Air purifier and open windows while smoking...? if you can finish your sessions early enough before they get home should be enough to clear it out
[/quote]

this. my buddy smokes almost all day everyday in his room with the two windows open, with a hell of a lot of furniture, and whenever i go over, his room doesn't smell like hookah at all. just open the windows, blow the smoke away from the furniture, and try to sit close to the open windows.

[quote name='Hippster' timestamp='1307412625' post='511939']
[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1300429143' post='501967']
Air purifier and open windows while smoking...? if you can finish your sessions early enough before they get home should be enough to clear it out
[/quote]

this. my buddy smokes almost all day everyday in his room with the two windows open, with a hell of a lot of furniture, and whenever i go over, his room doesn't smell like hookah at all. just open the windows, blow the smoke away from the furniture, and try to sit close to the open windows.

[/quote]

Does he do anything else besides smoke hookah?