Nour Natural Coals

speel

Nour Wood Charcoal

[b]Smell[/b]: None what so ever
[b]Taste[/b]: None
[b]Lighting[/b]: about a minute a peice on a stove
[b]Length[/b]: totally depends on the size you break off usually i get about 45mins give or take
[b]Overall[/b]: I love em. I used to use jap coals and to be honest I taste the flavors alot more then I did before. These are my new best friends

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (speel @ Oct 29 2006, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nour Wood Charcoal

Smell: None what so ever
Taste: None
Lighting: about a minute a peice on a stove
Length: totally depends on the size you break off usually i get about 45mins give or take
Overall: I love em. I used to use jap coals and to be honest I taste the flavors alot more then I did before. These are my new best friends

Smell: Smells like ass when getting going but none really when its ashed over.
Taste: Didn't taste it.
Lighting: Few minutes on the charcoal heater.
Length: About 2.5 to 3 inches
overall: I think Ill stick with the Jap coals. The ash from two of these completely filled up my ash catcher. Puts out a good amount of heat but quickly ash over into a rather thick ash so you have to keep cleaning them off. Edited by sdmopar

• 4 months later...
Brand: Nours

Ease of lighting-9: Put on the electric stove for three mins and they are red hot.

Smell-8: A faint smell, but not overbearing.

Taste-10: The most important aspect. It's great!!!! No taste at all. All I taste is shisha.

Ash-5: They ash a lot.

Heat/Duration: They provide a well maintained heat. Duration: 35-45 mins

Overall-9: By far the best coal that I've tried. I'm so happy that I switched to these from quicklites.

Nour Natural Wood Charcoals

Ease of lighting - Stick 'em on a camping stove and it's ready if a few minutes. Takes longer than Japanese coals and is a gas eater. I get them half lit and let them burn on themselves so they take some time to be ready.

Smell - None. When lighting, to smoking, no smell at all.

Heat - Decent heat. Not quite as hot as Japanese coals. Takes two 1 1/2 in. fingers to be equal to 3 Japanese coals.

Taste - NONE!!! Awesome. Just pure shisha flavor.

Ash - They do ash a decent amount but not as much as Easy Lites or Quicklites by far. Strange thing is, they also give off small rocks in addition to ash. Weird.

Longevity - They last forever. An hour or more even with 4 ppl smoking (from one hose)

Overall - 8/10. I really don't like how the take forever to get started and their emission of small rocks but they add no taste and last forever.

• 4 months later...
Nour Natural Wood Charcoals

Cost: Pretty good, only $4.69

Appearence: Long charcoal sticks. They aren't stacked up nicely in the bag so you're going to end up with broken pieces at the bottom.

Smell/Taste:No smell before or while. But afterwards, you can smell a weird chemical smell...But it goes away. There's no taste to it biggrin.gif But, if you don't light these all around until their red hot, you will definitely taste something nasty when you smoke..Pleh!

Ease of Lighting/Method: Requires a stove, torch, or hot plate. Takes about 5 mins.

Ash: Ahhh I hate how these ash! They ash somewhat finely but then they also ash into these gray rocks! And these rocks just love going through the holes of the foil and onto the tobacco. (And I don't even do my holes big at all)

Heat/Duration: Pretty dang good! A stick broken into 3 sections will last me 35-40 mins. These suckers are pretty dense and that's why they last a long time

Recommend: Yea tongue.gif. These are pretty good coals to use if you run out of your main ones.

OVERALL: 7/10. I docked off points because of how crappy it ashes, inconsistency with sizes (some of the sticks are broken), and the fact that it smells like chemicals.

EDIT: I've noticed after a while, you can really taste these coals. Since they don't ash in fine layers, the gray rocks tend to fall through the holes in the foil and BURN the tobacco! Ugh, it doesn't bother me much, but it does with Tangiers because the ash makes it nasty and harsh...*sigh* I need to get a new brand...

6/10 These coals can do the job, but their only worth it if you run out of your favorite coals. Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

• 6 months later...
Brand: Nour

Packaging: Clear plastic bag inside a white and red plastic bag

Size: These things are pretty random in size. They're really easy to break apart though. Usually I just hit them with something and I've got the right size.

Lighting: These are natural wood, so they need a constant heat source to light them. They take a little less time to light than coconaras with a Benz-o-matic torch, which I don't mind.

Smell: They smell a bit like wood when you first start to light them, but it's not really so bad.

Taste: None. I use naturals whenever possible.

Heat: Consistent heat. Never got harsh throughout session. I did need a windcover in the very beginning to get the bowl started a bit faster, and close to the end as well to keep it going for as long as possible, but I usually do that with all coals so it's no big deal.

Ashing: These things ash a hell of a lot. I didn't get any of the "little rocks" that a few people mentioned, but they ash a lot more than Cocos.

Longevity: I got a chunk about the size of two QLs stacked to burn for about an hour, but I stopped at around the hour mark because Spongebob was over and I was hungry.

Price: Locally I can get them for about 6 bucks for a kilo, which in my book is a good deal.

Additional notes: These coals are messy. They get black stuff all over you when you handle them, so use tongs whenever possible.

Total Rating: 9/10. I don't think I could give any natural coals below a 7/10, mostly because of the taste and longevity. However, these coals work just as well as Coconaras for me, and at 6 bucks locally, it'd be hard to find a better deal. I think if these weren't available locally I'd have to give them an 8.75/10, simply because of the amount of ash and the heavily inconsistent size of these things, as well as the mess. But none of that changes the fact that these are great naturals, and are reasonably cheap at that.