Greetings

A few days ago I got one of the Jewel shisha samples and it sparked my interest. No clue how they got my name and address... perhaps I put in for a free sample many moons ago and forgot about it?

In any event, after lurking around here for a few days I have a Mya Bambino and a healthy selection of shishas and coals on the way from H-S. Lots of interesting info here.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm going to inhale the hookah smoke (I smoke a few cigarillos a week and don't let the smoke go past my mouth). That said, my main plan is to use the shisha to relax on the evenings and weekends, probably as I read, write letters, and/or sip a homemade beer (another hobby, and a very fun one). For this reason, I'm glad I got shisha that will be at roughly shoulder height when it's sitting on a table.

Long term plan is to mix some loose cigarette and pipe tobacco in with the shisha, and maybe some hops too (don't think you can smoke hops, but they're related to NHT (Non-Hookah Tobacco), so it might be worth a few puffs).

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you've already read the rules. Most people don't :P

Some good brands to try are Nakhla, Al Fakher, and Tangiers. Hookah smoke is meant to be inhaled.

Bambino is a nice little hookah!

Again, welcome and if you need anything, we're here to help!

Welcome,Leopard, hope you enjoy your time here. Good people and lots of knowledge and an occasionally wonderful sick sense of humor

I wouldn't use cigarette tobacco as a base for your experiments. It's cut far too fine to be used in pipes, hookah or otherwise. If you want to experiment with adding pipe tobak, try to get some blending tobaccos like straight latakia (peppery) or perique (fruity). The tastes of these come from the soil and curing process. Tasty! Or just get a tin of Frog Morton on the Bayou. Sprinkle a bit of that. If it doesn't work out, it's a fine smoke for a regular pipe.