Globalization

mustafabey

All this debate we have had here, regarding the different perceptions of western culture and al Islam makes me wonder. We go into Afghanistan with a nice stock of Playboys, a few cases of beer and a half gallon of Jack Daniel's and tell them to uncover their women. And just who are we in our Imperial hubris to tell another culture what is right. You have to think, is it OK to cut off a thief's hand? Is it OK to sentence white collar criminals to country club jails and lock up the poor minorities in hellholes? As the world moves towards globalization, western culture has been taken everywhere. National dress, a beautiful form of expression, is gone and third world people wear goodwill cast off stuff with writing that no one understands. Now it seems comes a global morality, based on Judeo Christian, Anglo Saxon experience. No wonder the third world is afraid. Once, when America stood for individual freedom and equality, the third world looked up to us. Now we parrot those words while engaging in rendition,targeted assassinations, preemptive wars, stealing of natural resources, etc. If we want to impose our "superior" culture on others we had better get our act together. People view things differently and that needs to be respected. Comment anyone?

Nah, I wanna add something...

The reason the world hates us is because we interfere with EVERYTHING. We are not the world police. We have to muddle in everyone's affairs. This, I believe, has INCREASED tensions in the way of everyone wanting nukes. If we'd just leave everyone alone, they wouldn't feel the need to have 'em. And who are we to tell them they can't have them? Why can we have them but no one else can? We make up bullshit reasons to go into countries to "fight terror" when really it's just us digging our claws further into the foreign economy. I believe we went into Afghanistan on good grounds (to catch Osama bin Laden), but look what happened as a result of us going there- a bigass pipeline right through the middle of the country. And then we entered Iraq, because we were all told Saddam had WMDs (even though none were found). PROVE TO ME THEY WERE FOUND. PROVE IT. Another reason the world hates us- we leave our troops behind in EVERY country we either help in a war, or that we defeat in a war. We can't leave for some reason. Why aren't we having those troops be here at home, to protect our borders? Why must we BE in all of these countries? To police the whole motherfuckin' world.

That, boys and girls, is why everyone hates us.

WMDs Lies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o

Here's one of my infamous "what if's" for you.........

As a child grows up they hit various times of mental and emotional "growing pains" for lack of better explanation. Puberty for example. If globalization, which logically would be required to for unified peaceful Earth, there are going to be growing pains along the way while the kinks are worked out. Is it possible that this particular time in history we're living in, is one of those growing pains, and if we could see a 1,000 years into the future, we would find it necessary that we go through it?

'Rani

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1284760055' post='482428']
All this debate we have had here, regarding the different perceptions of western culture and al Islam makes me wonder. We go into Afghanistan with a nice stock of Playboys, a few cases of beer and a half gallon of Jack Daniel's and tell them to uncover their women. And just who are we in our Imperial hubris to tell another culture what is right. You have to think, is it OK to cut off a thief's hand? Is it OK to sentence white collar criminals to country club jails and lock up the poor minorities in hellholes? As the world moves towards globalization, western culture has been taken everywhere. National dress, a beautiful form of expression, is gone and third world people wear goodwill cast off stuff with writing that no one understands. Now it seems comes a global morality, based on Judeo Christian, Anglo Saxon experience. No wonder the third world is afraid. Once, when America stood for individual freedom and equality, the third world looked up to us. Now we parrot those words while engaging in rendition,targeted assassinations, preemptive wars, stealing of natural resources, etc. If we want to impose our "superior" culture on others we had better get our act together. People view things differently and that needs to be respected. Comment anyone?
[/quote]

It seems to me, we wouldn't be there if a collection of Saudi Muslims hadn't hijacked a few airliners, and crashed them into buildings, killing innocent people, and destroying American property. Or did you forget that little fact-again. I would guess the moral of the story is, if you don't want to get smacked with bear-shit, don't poke the bear. Not to say the USA isn't guilty of some serious asininity in Afghanistan, one look at http://www.rawa.org/index.php will let you know that... but look in the archives, that "religion of peace" was far worse.

In the USA, individual freedom has been taken away by a government that makes more laws, than sense-how can you ever think that a globalized system would ever be anything different? Why is it that the crazies all think they have a right to "view things different" and not respect the views of others. (reference thread on draw a mohamad day.) It works both ways, if they are intolerant, they have no right expecting tolerance.

Unified peaceful earth? That is a fantasy. As long as people are people, that isn't going to happen. Rani, I think you are dreaming again! I really don't think people will exist in Y3.01K.

Incu... there have been many weapons classified by the UN as WMD's found in iraq. You are stuck on the liberal-BS-propaganda-bus, time to find the nearest exit.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1284785810' post='482467']
[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1284760055' post='482428']
[/quote]

It seems to me, we wouldn't be there if a collection of Saudi Muslims hadn't hijacked a few airliners, and crashed them into buildings, killing innocent people, and destroying American property. Or did you forget that little fact-again. I would guess the moral of the story is, if you don't want to get smacked with bear-shit, don't poke the bear. Not to say the USA isn't guilty of some serious asininity in Afghanistan, one look at [url="http://www.rawa.org/index.php"]http://www.rawa.org/index.php[/url] will let you know that... but look in the archives, that "religion of peace" was far worse.

In the USA, individual freedom has been taken away by a government that makes more laws, than sense-how can you ever think that a globalized system would ever be anything different? Why is it that the crazies all think they have a right to "view things different" and not respect the views of others. (reference thread on draw a mohamad day.) It works both ways, if they are intolerant, they have no right expecting tolerance.

[b][color="#4B0082"]Unified peaceful earth? That is a fantasy. As long as people are people, that isn't going to happen. Rani, I think you are dreaming again! I really don't think people will exist in Y3.01K.[/color][/b]

Incu... there have been many weapons classified by the UN as WMD's found in iraq. You are stuck on the liberal-BS-propaganda-bus, time to find the nearest exit.
[/quote]

Oh, I think there's hope for the human race, though I admit to being an optimist on the subject. And as someone once told me, just because something seems impossible, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to achieve it.

'Rani

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1284785810' post='482467']
[/quote]

Show me the proof.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1284781135' post='482457']
Here's one of my infamous "what if's" for you.........

As a child grows up they hit various times of mental and emotional "growing pains" for lack of better explanation. Puberty for example. If globalization, which logically would be required to for unified peaceful Earth, there are going to be growing pains along the way while the kinks are worked out. Is it possible that this particular time in history we're living in, is one of those growing pains, and if we could see a 1,000 years into the future, we would find it necessary that we go through it?

'Rani
[/quote]

Good points.

What if humanity, at this point in it's development, is like an angsty teenager, unsure of who he/she is and lashing out?