Starbuzz Files Lawsuits Against Competition

It sounds like Starbuzz is losing profit, so they invented a lawsuit in hopes to destroy their competition. They mention ceasing the use of generic names like [i]Guava, Sweet Melon, White Peach[/i] , and these names aren't even theirs. Everybody uses those names.

I've got one thing to say to starbuzz:

:fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

*stupid edit feature wouldn't let me add anything else

The bright side is that maybe people will actually spend that kind of money on [i]good [/i]shisha.

And I hope someone from Starbuzz sees this thread.

So There. Edited by thatonethere

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1282179315' post='479481']
Can anyone here verify that any of this is actually true? All I have read so far claiming it to be true is an unknown source in the hookah field claims it to be true.
[/quote]

Yes, I can verify that this is true. There are two documents attached to the article. They are official court papers detailing the lawsuits between Taqseem (Tonic Shisha) and Starbuzz. I've spoken to the owners of Tonic and JM's (two companies who Starbuzz seems to be taking special interest in), and a handful of others who asked that I not mention their names because they don't want to get any more wrapped up in the whole thing than they already are. But all confirmed the letters and verified the rumors. Additionally, if you're talented, you can find the trademarks Starbuzz won and lost on the trademark office's website. I'll see if I can find it again.

Is anyone actually reading the complaints and/or cross complaints? None mention double apple or guava.

In fact, names like the name of a fruit cannot be copyrighted or trademarked. If Starbuzz came up with the name sex on the beach and legally trademarks it (which they will probably loose anyway, but by way of example) and then Tonic goes and starts selling a flavor called sex on the beach, that's an infringement and starbuzz has every right to go after them. If a name is trademarked, then no one else can use it.

If Mattel sued a company for making a "Barbie" would everyone on this board go apeshit and stop buying hotwheels? If someone made a Kashmir Lemon flavor and Tangiers went after them, would everyone turn on Eric?

Why don't you guys stop and think before you start to ride the anti-starbuzz bandwagon. Do you guys know who Petruzzo is? How do you know he doesn't work for one of these other companies?

Or the starbuzz tobacco lawsuit website, who do you think started that? Some random person that found the complaint in the gutter somewhere?

It is never wrong to take advantage of your rights as a company doing business with competitors.

Starbuzz will probably win some of these and I'm ok with that. If they came up with the name of "After Sex" for a tobacco flavor, and legally trademarked it then they should be able to sue other tobacco companies trying to use it.