do you inhale hookah?

It is actually personal preference. I inhale the smoke. It has so little nicotine, compared to cigarettes, that I do not worry about it. However, I have friends that swear they will not inhale it. Both methods are equally enjoyable, and does affect the taste either way.

[quote name='mushrat']I inhale. Deeply.[/quote]
Agreed, there's nothing like kissing the bottom of your lungs with AF orange!
This seems to be the most asked question for new smokers I have introduced to hookah.
I must say, inhale nomally, close your mouth, and exhale out your nose.  The smoke in your mouth stays longer, thus increasing taste.

[quote name='mushrat']AF orange? EH.[/quote]
Is Al Waha 5 Star better?  Or Nakhla rose?
PS. Mushrat, don't knock the orange...OR ELSE.

Post 501 referenced to my 500th, the ^^^ pointed up, but Yash got in the way.
Yeah, I took a quick glance at your reviews thread...over a year old.  Gimmie three days and I'll reach my one year anniversary on this forum.

oh, FYI...post #504

I inhale for the first 15-20 minutes, but after that I usually take to just puffing on it. The smoke gets a little harsher as some of the tobacco on top takes to burning a bit once it has dried out some and I can't take it. I keep puffing, though, as long as the flavor's still there.

Your not controling your heat very well/if any at all if your smoke is getting harsh. I'm sure you know its recommended to rotate your coals on the outside of your bowl, and then move them in closer to the bowl to get hotter and back to the edges to get cooler.If the smoke is getting harsh on you, back out your coals to the rim of the bowl. If you are using multiple pieces of coals, remove one.You should be having an enjoyable smoke for 40+ minutes!

I think I've got the heat management thing down, but sometimes it's unavoidable. After a while I just don't really feel like inhaling much anymore, like my throat gets too sensitive to the smoke or something. The smoke doesn't *taste* bad, it just gets hard to comfortably inhale.This tends to be more the case with Tangiers and not, say Nakhla, as Tangiers is generally a lot "heavier".Also keep in mind that this is often me smoking alone. Taking inhale after inhale for 20-30 minutes can get to you and light puffing is the order of the day after that. When I'm with a group it isn't as much of an issue since I have breaks when others have the hose.

I usually inhale about as much as possible. I always put ice in my vase, and I love the cold filling up in my lungs.

I get that "sensitive lung" thing too though. I just can't inhale it anymore then I have to puff it like a cigar.

i always inhalesometimes me & my friends will take giant puffs of it to get a nice buzz, but other than that, like whatsacorbin said, the niccotine content is so low that i've never had a buzz from normal smoking of the hookah

i inhale. i like the flavor, i like the feel of the big cloud of smoke coming ou of my mouth, puffing seems a waste to me.
in a 6 gram bowl of shisha, there is about the same amount of nicotine as in a full flavor marlboro cigarette.

As far as I'm concerned, inhaling is the only way to smoke hookah. If you don't inhale, not only will you miss out on the beautiful thick smoke, but you won't get the full flavor and will end up with a lot of wasted shisha. It's not like smoking a cigarette or cigar where the smoke travels directly from a burning source into your mouth. It's almost impossible to get such concentrated smoke in your mouth with hookah.

Ah man, after night shift at the ER you should be smokin Tangiers. That's tough stuff... my Ma used to work nights in the ICU, so I've heard the horror stories. Just don't go crazy like Nicholas Cage did...

Already did. =)

I got some cheap ass tobacco called Fantasia. Small boxes that came
with the hookah. It has BuildAHookah.com on the side. The stuff is VERY
gooey and seems like it's not that well made. Taists ok but that might
just be my noob-ness.
Next weekend I am going to load up on a bunch of different kinds.
Fumari, Tangiers and also pick up some stuff from the internet that
people are reviewing.