Can Hookah Bring Back A Cigarette Addiction?

Just my two cents, I have never felt a physical addiction to tobacco. I find myself smoking hookah more and more because I can sit outside instead of my room, and it's really relaxing sitting and looking out on the water. Also, I have started smoking more at work, since I work overnights at a crisis hotline, and the phone doesn't always ring, so I can sit out on the fire escape and relax. As for smoking cigs, I am a social smoker, and only smoke while drinking, and can have a pack right next to my computer, and have it last a very long time, like on the order of months upon months. I don't see myself as addicted, and (cliche as it sounds) I could stop at anytime (and there ARE times I go weeks without any kind of smoke) but it's all open to interpretation

Thanks guys... Here's what happened. I asked dad if he wanted to try hookah. He responded "I smoked for 41 years and i'm done with it, I don't want to smoke anymore". I said Ok and left it at that. I asked mom if she wanted to try it and she said "Yeah, I wanna see what it's like". I packed up a bowl of Tiger's Blood and smoked with Mom on the patio while Dad was grilling. We were hanging out and talking and my mom was commenting about how it was totaly different from cigarettes. Dad ended up trying a few puffs. Both said it was interesting, Mom said she enjoyed it but wasn't going to run out and buy a hookah, Dad said he would rather stay away from nicotine because he does not want to risk having to quit again. All in all it was a good experience. I will be packing a hookah for trips to visit my folks and maybe trying to find some good herbal for dad.

[quote name='Skoozle' date='23 May 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1274626469' post='469125']
Thanks guys... Here's what happened. I asked dad if he wanted to try hookah. [b]He responded "I smoked for 41 years and i'm done with it, I don't want to smoke anymore". [/b] I said Ok and left it at that. I asked mom if she wanted to try it and she said "Yeah, I wanna see what it's like". I packed up a bowl of Tiger's Blood and smoked with Mom on the patio while Dad was grilling. We were hanging out and talking and my mom was commenting about how it was totaly different from cigarettes. [i][b] Dad ended up trying a few puffs.[/b][/i] Both said it was interesting, Mom said she enjoyed it but wasn't going to run out and buy a hookah, Dad said he would rather stay away from nicotine because he does not want to risk having to quit again. All in all it was a good experience. I will be packing a hookah for trips to visit my folks and maybe trying to find some good herbal for dad.
[/quote]
this may probably lead to "maybe i'll just take a few more puffs", to "ok, i'll only smoke for a minute" and so on....

[quote name='Arcane' date='23 May 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1274636449' post='469147']
[quote name='Skoozle' date='23 May 2010 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1274626469' post='469125']
Thanks guys... Here's what happened. I asked dad if he wanted to try hookah. [b]He responded "I smoked for 41 years and i'm done with it, I don't want to smoke anymore". [/b] I said Ok and left it at that. I asked mom if she wanted to try it and she said "Yeah, I wanna see what it's like". I packed up a bowl of Tiger's Blood and smoked with Mom on the patio while Dad was grilling. We were hanging out and talking and my mom was commenting about how it was totaly different from cigarettes. [i][b] Dad ended up trying a few puffs.[/b][/i] Both said it was interesting, Mom said she enjoyed it but wasn't going to run out and buy a hookah, Dad said he would rather stay away from nicotine because he does not want to risk having to quit again. All in all it was a good experience. I will be packing a hookah for trips to visit my folks and maybe trying to find some good herbal for dad.
[/quote]
this may probably lead to "maybe i'll just take a few more puffs", to "ok, i'll only smoke for a minute" and so on....
[/quote]
That's not the case. I would go in to detail if I had more time but long story short, he tried it for information and to verify my Mom's comments.

That's awesome Skoozle! As far as herbals go, I've tried Saalam, and it's pretty good. I don't know if its better than the Tea shisha they sell at h-s or not, but there might be some reviews available on the forum.