Hookah And Kids

I dont have kids so I cant comment...
but I think he can wait till hes legal in the meantime you can have him sitdown beside you while you hookah and you can blow smoke on his face so he can start to get the feel of it. Edited by Josh Hamilton

its a potentially bad idea in the sense that he may begin smoking more often... and though i don't find hookah to be addicting he may use it as a reason to smoke... oh dad smokes so hell be fine with cigs etc...

on the other side i started smoking hookah at 15 back in the day at the local bars... so in all odds he will likely do it anyways so it would make for good father son time to teach him the ups and downs of it.

I am not a parent so my thoughts might change when I do father a child if I ever do that is.

heres my view on it. If a parent wishes to share hookah with there child they should have the right as long as its done once in a while. I dont agree with letting them smoke it every day but bringing it out on birthdays (yours or theres) and on holidays im fine with as long as hey are old enough to know what it is and what the potential risks are to them. every child is different some may know this at 14 while others may be 41 and still not understand it. A child is smarter then one usually realizes its only when there treated as a child that they act as one in most cases.

we are in an age of over protection. a child can not learn to run until he learns to walk on his own but if there is always someone there to carry him how dose he ever learn to walk?

I am going to give you an example of what that statement means. my ex roommate was 20 years old He microwaved an unopen can of ravioli simply because he did not know any better no one taught him his mother never let him even once in his life use a microwave. yea i know this dose not pertain to hookah but the lesson is the same its better to teach them and let them know you disapprove then to just be close minded and let them "figure it out" on there own.

I don't think it would be bad for a 14yr old to smoke herbal tobacco but if you make it a habit he will definitely be a smoker in the future. It just depends if you want to take that risk.