Proposed 28Th Amendment

Rani

The following is being sent around. Each person is being asked to send it to 20 people. Works for me. If it works for you, cut and paste it into an email and send to your own 20 people.

'Rani

[font=serif][size=3][center][center][b][color=navy][size=5]This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.[/size][/color][/b][/center][/size][/font][/center]
[font=serif][size=3][center][center][size=5]
An idea whose time has come[/size][/center][/size][/font][/center]

[font=serif][size=3]
[size=5]For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.[/size]
[font=sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[size=5]Have each person contact a [u]minimum[/u] of Twenty people on their Address list, in turn ask each of those to do likewise.[/size]
[size=5] [/size]
[size=5]In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.[/size]
[size=5] [/size][/size][/font]

[font=serif][size=3][center][center]
[b][size=5] [u]Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution[/u][/size][/b][/center][/size][/font][/center]

[font=serif][size=3]
[size=5] [/size]
[size=5]"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."[/size][/size][/font]

[font=serif][size=3][center][center] [/center][/size][/font][/center]
[font=serif][size=3][center][center][size="6"][size=6][b]
[/b][/size][/size][/center][/size][/font][/center]

i will absolutely do this as so will both my roommates, they should not be allowed to exempt themselves from anything they try to do to us. politics is too crooked now adays it seriously pisses me off

[quote name='RingsMaster' date='27 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1269735111' post='460121']
i will absolutely do this as so will both my roommates, they should not be allowed to exempt themselves from anything they try to do to us. politics is too crooked now adays it seriously pisses me off
[/quote]

I like this proposed amendment because it's not about this bill or that bill. It's about prohibiting them from doing as they please to the public while exempting themselves. I can't believe we all didn't think of this sooner.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' date='27 March 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1269735514' post='460123']
[quote name='RingsMaster' date='27 March 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1269735111' post='460121']
[/quote]

I like this proposed amendment because it's not about this bill or that bill. It's about prohibiting them from doing as they please to the public while exempting themselves. I can't believe we all didn't think of this sooner.

'Rani
[/quote]

amen, if your going to put a bill into action why be allowed to exempt yourself Edited by RingsMaster

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='12 April 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1271110702' post='463274']
I can't find any info on this, Rani can you provide some? On how they're exempt, I mean. Got into a hella heated argument with my gparents, and I'd like to have something to back me up.
[/quote]

The original email had some stuff in it. Let me email him back and see if he can forward it again - assuming I can't find it in ,y emails.

'Rani

Thanks!

You know my grandpa actually believes Obama is solely responsible for starting the bailouts? I KNEW I remembered Bush starting it before leaving office, and sure enough after I researched it I was right...