Arab Cowboy

f22a4bandit

I've visited the lounge Arab Cowboy twice so far. It has become my favorite hookah lounge to visit in Austin.

The atmosphere is really nice, and the staff is very friendly. They normally light your bowl up with a quick light to start it, but they do have the option to switch to naturals whenever you'd like. The music isn't very loud, which is nice since the main point of a hookah bar should be, in my opinion, socializing. It's quite popular, and space is a bit limited, but normally it isn't so bad that you'd have to wait for a long time to find a spot to smoke. Both times I've gone in during high volume hours (10 pm and 11 pm) and found a spot to park and sit down. A big plus is that they use KMs (they're a chiller of some type) and Nammor hoses which is something I haven't found at any other bar in Austin.

Alright, so that's pretty much all the pros, how about the cons? Well, as for that they only serve Al Fakher and Starbuzz, so if you aren't a fan of either flavor you're out of luck. I guess next would be the price. At around $19 and $21 for Al Fakher and Starbuzz respectively this is a bit steep. They also charge you the original amount for a second bowl which is a first for me. I don't know if that's standard practice or not, but just be aware that this is the case at Arab Cowboy.

Despite the cons I will definitely frequent Arab Cowboy on my trips back home to Austin. You can sign up for their e-newsletter which informs you about the current deals they have going on at their bar.

Score: 9.3 out of a possible 10

Definitely worth the experience, check it out!

• 4 months later...
Arab Cowboy is my favorite hookah bar in Austin. It's comfortable, good AC, the bathrooms are clean, excellent Moroccan mint tea, newer KM hookahs, clean hoses that are not wet or smell like mildew, friendly staff who is attentive with the coals and overall a chill place. It is expensive but other places that were cheaper were just not as good.

• 4 weeks later...
I enjoy the Arab cowboy as well. I've been to two other hookah lounges in Austin, and the Arab Cowboy is not only the cleanest, but definitely the best run lounge in Austin. In my opinion, the price is worth the excellent service. I went during their happy hour and got a mix bowl of AF for $10, which lasted 2 hours solid, with new coals being brought out every thirty minutes, almost on the dot. The music, as f22a4bandit says, is nice and quiet, and an awesome mix of indie, techno-ish, and other tunes that are hard to describe. Best hookah lounge in Austin, hands down.

• 2 months later...
I've been to the Arab Cowboy a few times while visiting Austin. I haven't tried their coffee or food, but their hookah is impressive, and I love the decor. It's quiet in there, but not awkwardly so - there's music playing, some conversation, but you can hear the people around you, which is a big problem for me in many other lounges I've visited (in many different states).
Hit it up during happy hour sometime if you're ever in Austin.

• 3 weeks later...