How To Get Old Taste Out

alright im new at this, but my friend had a hookah that i recently bought from him for 30 dollars. iv smoked out of it 10+ times. the shisha that he had was old and pretty nasty. i ran water through the hose over and over and i cant get the taste of the old shisha out of it. i just bought some new flavors and dont want them to taste like it does now. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

[quote name='kyle1kyle1kyle1' date='09 January 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1263073946' post='444188']
alright im new at this, but my friend had a hookah that i recently bought from him for 30 dollars. iv smoked out of it 10+ times. the shisha that he had was old and pretty nasty. i ran water through the hose over and over and i cant get the taste of the old shisha out of it. i just bought some new flavors and dont want them to taste like it does now. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
[/quote]

Try getting a brush and running it through hookah and use hot water. Also I work at a hookah bar and we use 420 cleaner to help get the taste out of the hookah. Also is your hose washable? if it is put some lemon juice in it and let it sit.

since i think he's talking about the hose and not the hookah. I'd say the hose needs to be replaced or you need to smoke the taste out of it. If you have run lots of water through the hose chances are you have ruined it already. If you start getting dust particles when you inhale in a few days, it's a dead hose and you'll need a replacement.

If the hose is washable, wash the sucker and hang it in the shower. Bend it in your hands kind of to get debris out of the niches. Also, I have used vinegar to great success. It doesn't leave a taste or anything. Never, ever, ever use soap or alcohol. Edited by The Russian