Racism In My Area...

demonix

[url="http://claycord.blogspot.com/2009/12/concord-man-shot-during-attempted.html?showComment=1261209315291#comment-c8083833614725595559"]http://claycord.blogspot.com/2009/12/concord-man-shot-during-attempted.html?showComment=1261209315291#comment-c8083833614725595559[/url]
Some of these comments are just disgusting... The racism being displayed are just so horrid...
I'm surprised that people in my neighborhood are like this, I always thought I lived in a tolerant area...
20 minutes out of Berkeley... 35 out of San Francisco... and I have this crap going on in my area...?
I'm so pissed off at this...
What's your guys' take on this

I used to live in Memphis...

So glad I live near Nashville now, way less of a racism problem here in Middle Tennessee...

But yeah, in Memphis it's always the black guy... Racial profiling out the wazoo there, like you wouldn't believe.

THERE ARE GOOD BLACK GUYS OUT THERE! One of my best friends is a black guy...

am I missing something here? the post you linked was talking about a robbery and shooting nothing was racist in it. unless your talking about them saying the suspects are black?

I am sure i did miss what you were trying to show us tho.

but anyway the world is more racist than we are lead to believe its just not P.C. to talk about it anymore. I live in southern Indiana and just talking to 75% of the ppl here in casual conversation you would think they just got back from a cross burning and it sickens me. im almost ashamed to come from here.

in fact the nearest town to me used to have a sign just outside of town that was still up till the very late 80's by the bridge leading into town that said no blacks after sunset unless you live here. (and no it wasn't written that politely if you get what im saying)

I just plain hate how misguided ppl can be based on stupid stuff. I will never understand how ppl can look at someone and think "hey they don't look like me they must be bad ppl."

[quote name='Charley' date='20 December 2009 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1261340487' post='440598']
am I missing something here? the post you linked was talking about a robbery and shooting nothing was racist in it. unless your talking about them saying the suspects are black?

but anyway the world is more racist than we are lead to believe its just not P.C. to talk about it anymore. I live in southern Indiana and just talking to 75% of the ppl here in casual conversation you would think they just got back from a cross burning and it sickens me. im almost ashamed to come from here.

in fact the nearest town to me used to have a sign just outside of town that was still up till the very late 80's by the bridge leading into town that said no blacks after sunset unless you live here. (and no it wasn't written that politely if you get what im saying)

I just plain hate how misguided ppl can be based on stupid stuff. I will never understand how ppl can look at someone and think "hey they don't look like me they must be bad ppl."
[/quote]

Interesting, there used to be comments on that page and that is where all the racism was that demonix was referring to.
It looks like the comment section is gone now.

Say hello to new racism.

You couldn't imagine how many people believe racism doesn't exist anymore.

Oh and edit to relate to incubusratm's sarcasm: [url="http://mediamatters.org/research/200709210007"]http://mediamatters....ch/200709210007[/url] Edited by ewsang

[quote name='Jondd88' date='20 December 2009 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1261349535' post='440620']
[quote name='Charley' date='20 December 2009 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1261340487' post='440598']

[/quote]

Interesting, there used to be comments on that page and that is where all the racism was that demonix was referring to.
It looks like the comment section is gone now.
[/quote]

Good! all those racist comments are gone now!

I've seen loads of comments that resemble those on a variety of blogging sites and even news sites. College campuses see this frequently, as well. Recently a student was beaten literally to death on Kent's campus and the two men behind the crime happened to be black. You should have read some of the racist shit they posted for about a month straight. It easily compared to some of the KKK comments we've all heard over the years. Disgusting that they found it necessary to beat this kid to death, but even more disgusting that people took it to the next level of extreme.

been drinking so forgive me if i make no seance.

but why is it a good thing that those comments are gone?
ppl are not going to see them now there not going to know that that crap is still going on they dont show it on the news anymore they dont talk about it in the papers they get removed from sites like that before most ppl get to see them they those ppl get lawled into thinking that its not as big of or wide spread of a problem as it really is.
then when they meet ppl who have had to deal with this crap first hand they think there just being over dramatic or just clinging to past intolerance which they themselves were not even a part of.

closing you eyes to a problem doesn't make it go away it just makes it hit you harder because you can not see it take a swing at you till its already knocked you on your ass.

[quote name='Charley' date='20 December 2009 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1261354876' post='440631']
been drinking so forgive me if i make no seance.

but why is it a good thing that those comments are gone?
ppl are not going to see them now there not going to know that that crap is still going on they dont show it on the news anymore they dont talk about it in the papers they get removed from sites like that before most ppl get to see them they those ppl get lawled into thinking that its not as big of or wide spread of a problem as it really is.
then when they meet ppl who have had to deal with this crap first hand they think there just being over dramatic or just clinging to past intolerance which they themselves were not even a part of.

closing you eyes to a problem doesn't make it go away it just makes it hit you harder because you can not see it take a swing at you till its already knocked you on your ass.
[/quote]

+1

I agree 100%

[quote name='ewsang' date='20 December 2009 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1261350006' post='440621']
Say hello to new racism.

You couldn't imagine how many people believe racism doesn't exist anymore.

Oh and edit to relate to incubusratm's sarcasm: [url="http://mediamatters.org/research/200709210007"][b]http://mediamatters....ch/200709210007[/b][/url]
[/quote]

ROFLMAO! Now [i]that's[/i] racist! That has to be the dumbest shit I have ever read. Then again, O'Reily has no clue about anything outside of his head.

Nobody, regardless of race says "M-Fer, I want more iced tea" in a restaurant...EVER.

As far as treating somebody different because they don't look like you goes, I look at it like this. The only reason somebody should be treated wrong is if they act like an asshole. And assholes come in all colors, shapes and sizes.