Easy-lite Coals

king_lunchb0x

hey i was looking for some help, i just bought a pack of easy-lite charcoal... and right on the box it says hold one peice of charcoal to a lighter for one minute, i held it as long as i could before my thumb starting burning, and they didnt light, am i supposed to remove that shiny film around the out side to light it? Any recommendations on how to light these damn things without a coil burner?? i prolly will not buy these again but i still have a hole box to use up

oh man screw a lighter your gona need a coil burner..

These coals are a Chinese version of the original Japanese style coals. The box comes with 24 sticks with 4 tabs per stick (96 tabs per box). They are easy lighting compared to natural coals, but don't light as easily as the instant or self lighting coals.

yea their crap, only way i got them to go was coil stove. worst coals ive used b4, i wish a local store would carry some cnn or af nat's. These things were just a waste to me i dont even think i wait to finish them off before buying some mor...better coals Edited by king_lunchb0x

they'll light with a candle if you don't have access to a coil burner. i think the silver around the coals helps it light (it does with REAL jap coals, but as previously stated, these are chinese knockoffs and that silver shit around them is probably useless coloring). just make sure you blow/scrape all that silver shit off before putting on your bowl.