Research And Experience

Okay guys, i have to tell you about couple of experiences i have had in these weeks.

I have speen smoking hookah, with Al Fakher tobacco with something like 3 times a day, but i have had days when i havent smoked at all. I just bought this Al Fakher tobacco, and have noticed very unusual things.

i have had alot of feelings of panic, and times, i cannot breath, it feels like you know, that i breath but cannot get any oxygen, and also some vertigo, and sometimes this have been so bad that i have run outside of going to ask someone to call an ambulance cuz i feel i cant breath and im going to lose my consciousness, breathing is also somehow hard.

at first i cannot make a notice that its cause of shisha, and i have been thinking its just a panic attack which comes cause of something i dont know, maybe cuz of boredom, loneliness or something.

but today, i were smoking shisha at morning, and realized these same effects, also shaking and so on. it took about couple of hours, and got away, went to my friends place and everything was good. but late at night i came back, began to watch videos and so, smoking shisha, and after smoking i got this shit again.

i started looking for research about this Al-Fakher tobacco, and found something interesting to me..

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/hea...-cigarettes.htm

this research was done with Al Fakher tobacco, and they found this: "The exhaled carbon monoxide in participants was an average of 42 parts per million, higher than that reported in cigarette smokers (17 parts per million). The study also found that carbon monoxide levels grew in the room where the subjects smoked hookahs and might reach environmentally unhealthy levels, as determined by the federal government, during longer sessions."

what wikipedia says about Carbon monoxide poisoning:

"As a result, carbon monoxide poisoning is the most common type of fatal poisoning in many countries.[2] Symptoms of mild poisoning include headaches, vertigo, and flu-like effects; larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the central nervous system, heart, and even death. Following poisoning, long-term sequelae often occur. Carbon monoxide can also have severe effects on the fetus of a pregnant woman.
Carbon monoxide combines with hemoglobin to form carboxyhemoglobin (HbCO) in the blood and prevents binding of oxygen, so causing anoxemia. Myoglobin and mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase are thought to be compromised, too. Carboxy-haemoglobin can revert to haemoglobin, but the recovery takes time because HbCO is fairly stable. Treatment largely consists of administering 100% oxygen or hyperbaric oxygen therapy"

im really quite sure this is cause of this tobacco. any similar experiences?

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Aug 13 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man if I were you I would quit smoking. Smoking is bad and has been know to cuase lung cancer. I am also concerned it might affect my pregnancy.

Fortunatly for me, I cant kick the habit _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

LOL !

okay, as i see i didnt be very clear cause i were in that nice icantbreatheartattackimgoingtodie -mood.

but okay i didnt get these problems with Nakhla. i had also different charcoal (might it affect) ? i dont know what are these named cuz its arabic but these charcoals got somekind of "aluminum" cover in em or something.

and also that research is mostly bullshit cause they tested only one product and generalized it to all of the products. ok ok, i want to know is it charcoal, al fakher or am i crazy

QUOTE (norcalsmoker @ Aug 13 2009, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could be allergic to the red dye in the al fakher?

man, as you said that, i have this Al Fakher Mint also and i thought i havent got same type of effects from that, but with two apples. this might be. i have really well trained psyche to panic attacks and such (lol) but this time was different, never such a bomb of losing consciousness as today, which actually is a day when i have smoked only Al Fakher two apples.

possible, have to test dat Mint out

thankss

As others have said, it could be the dye that is causing you problems.

Another thing you may try is putting ice in the base of your hookah. Gasses like CO are more soluble in cold water than warm water, so more of it should be filtered out.

Hmmm...I would say it was the coals. I've never had anything like that happen to me and I smoke once a day (Usually just one bowl for about 10 hours but still...just 1 wink.gif. I would be willing to bet it was the coals releasing something that was used as a binder.

You could say it's the coal, the dye in the tobacco, or any number of things. I see this a lot on these forums: downplaying the dangers of hookahing. Smoking is bad for you, period. If you're feeling sick and these symptoms are coming when you smoke, take a hint before it's too late and quit now. We all enjoy that tasty smoke, but I think we all can agree that we like life more.