Has Been A Very Hard Week For Me

I need to get some things out, I have friends and family here by my side they have been great but there at times I feel a bit lonely and I just need to get things out. I haven't been on the boards recently because since Saturday I have been having this weird problem. I get pressure in my head (around the sinuses) and then a really bad headache which the some times comes with a burning sensation around the area. This actually happened when I was driving and my body got very hot too as I was driving and I pulled over. The reason why this is scary is because I have had 2 seizures in the pass. It has been under control since I have been on new medication. I am under stress because I feel this is a seizure related symptom although the doctor says "he doesn't think it is" and I have about 4 tests to determine what it is. Today is probably the best day I feel. I took Advil and it helped a lot.

I am also under more stress because I broke up with my girlfriend around wednesday. I was freaking out and while my whole family and friends were there for me (this is a long distant relationship btw) she would barely call me or text me to see how I am doing. It really bothered me, yes I did like I said freak out but there really wasn't any cursing involved. What really broke the ice is she told me she would call me the next day and not tonight. I was utterly stressed and upset that she couldnt understand where I was coming from and she couldnt just get over the hump and suck down her own ego to accept the fact the reason why I am saying these things is

1. I am stressed
2. It's 90% true
3. If it's one person you want there it's the one you "love" and family.

And she didnt get that and she chose to argue with me and wanted to win when I was feeling like this, so I did break the ice and just flat out say I dont want to be with you. Now that I am feeling better I am extending my hand out trying to make things better but she's ignoring me, her friends are saying Karmas a bitch. What??? What did I do??? It's almost like the girl I knew a year ago isn't the same and if I had to guess she has changed completly because she would take a bus down if she couldnt drive down, which isn't the situation now. I am already in "project erase" mode deleting all her shit from my computer, throwing all her shit out and all this stuff.

I feel like she put her self infront of what ever I had and like I said couldn't suck it up for a couple days and just basically say I am sorry just been busy, but rather take the other route because her pride is to strong.

Anyways, today I have a MRI tomorrow I have a EEG. Then I have a big test which is a 2 day EEG which I'll be at home for thank god. I'll try not to stress out anymore that I have, I have given in to ciggeretess again.

P.S.
My blood tests came back normal.
Thanks for hearing me rant.

-Greg

Gregg,

I'm really sorry to hear about your issue. I know you are stressed, but perhaps the inhalation of nicotine is not the best way to deal with it at this point. Give yourself a chance to get healthy first and find out what's wrong.

As to the girl thing, I can't begin to know exactly everything about your situation, but I have always lived by this code: perception is reality. In a relationship, it doesn't matter what another person intends or means so much as it matters how the other person takes it. If your significant other is to blind to see that, then they will probably not be a good match in the long run, or are not mature enough to keep a serious relationship going.

Perhaps you know that you over-reacted, but it doesn't matter too much because your perception of her actions were that they were not what you were looking for. You were expecting her to be some way and act like she cared in this difficult time. Maybe she was going through something else at the time also, but I gotta say that your perception was probably pretty accurate. She didn't care enough in your eyes. Now, don't let her tell you that you were wrong when if you know that you weren't. Your not married yet so you don't have to fix this at all costs....

What I would do is let things settle down a little and see how she reacts. If she doesn't make the effort, then she is clearly being selfish and you probably do not need that added stress. But in the meantime, take care of yourself and do your best to not let her situation stress you out so you can get healthy again.

Mike

Greg,

I wish you the best with everything you're going through now. I'm glad you're being persistent with those doctors; they're not always right. The best advice I can offer for the physical remedy is to always speak up if you have an issue. If you feel a pain anywhere never forget to mention it, everything is relevant and significant somehow.

And as long as you're comfortable venting your stress on the forums here I'm confident you'll always have great people willing to listen.

Elliott

Hey man, sorry things are rough right now, I've had a horrible year and understand completely. As far as the woman thing, when they "lose" in a breakup, I think sometimes they rally girlfriends around them to make the dude out to be the badguy in order to smooth over the feelings of rejection. Makes em feel better. Is it immature as hell especially if you were a good boyfriend? Yep. I'm glad you feel you can vent to us though.

It'll get better.

Hey Greg, hope everything turn out ok!
As to the girl, she probably doesnt understand what you are going through, or shes too preoccupied with her own stuff to do something about it. I dont know what she has going on in her life, but I think that if she really cared, she would have come down to see you.

Good luck with everything!
<3 Tati

I got some updates:

My MRI test is normal
and my EEG Test is normal

My next test is a 48 hour EEG test which will give a more in depth analysis. But I am in no rush to do that since my regular EEG was normal.

For those who dont know what an EEG Test is, basically they hook up wires to your scalp and test the brain waves. At the same time they stress your capability of how stable your brain waves are like hyperventilating and putting a strobe light in front of your face and doing simple multiplication.

I don't feel as weird as I did when I made that post. I do get pressure in my sinuses and ears though and the burning comes when I am driving. I dont know why it happens when im driving... My last stop is an ENT - Ear Nose and Throat doctor for him to check my sinuses out. Other then that I may just have to ride this one out.

Thanks all for the responses it makes me feel good some one is listening.

-Greg Edited by newjacksm

I can comment on the whole GF thing...because I just went through nearly the exact same thing with my ex-fiance. You did make the right decision in breaking up with her, however I think you made the mistake with trying to reach out to her. That chapter in your life is over....just move on. If she has stuff that belongs to you, that you NEED...then ask for it back. If you can do without it, it's better to just let it go.

Anyways, hope things become smooth sailing with you very soon...