Gun Laws

Should they exist?  

1. 1.

• Who cares?

That is a very lofty theoretical situation. How do you expect to obtain a full auto ak-47? I've never fully understood transportation laws for long guns. In Indiana, you can carry a longgun n your GUN wrack in a truck. If you are transporting it, it must ALWAYS be unloaded. I have been told by police (poor source of legal information, not a slam on police but they enforce the law and don't often know its extent) that all long guns most be transported in the trunk of a vehicle (when applicable) and always unloaded. Don't you think you should have the right to carry a fully automatic ak47 if you have no criminal priors? Most gun laws do not punish criminals or prevent crime, they punish those who are law abiding by limiting what they can have or punish criminals after the fact and this does nothing to save lives. Firearms are the great equalizer in the world. It is sad and horrific when they are used in crimes. However, if I am coming back from a nice restuarant in downtown Cincinnati at around 9:30-10:00 PM with my beautiful girlfriend in tow, and a group of individuals approach me with the intimidation and intentions of rendering me defenseless and raping my girlfriend, I will carry a gun that will bring some leverage to the playing field. Six guys with martial weapons will be significantly less likely to attack even with one person with a firearm. A firearm is a tool and is no more or less evil than a hammer, a knife, an oven or a car. Weapons, for the most part, are monitored to an extent. You must pass a background check, not be a felon (and many cases a misdemeanor with sexual or violent crime). What else would you require?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth: I am a member at Target World if you would ever like to meet up and pop a few rounds off. I don't purchase anything at Target World either. I'm an Indiana resident, therefore I cannot purchase handguns in Ohio. I go to Bradis Guns in Indianapolis who I have a working relationship with. Guns are, on the average, about a hundred bucks in Indiana, but I think it is because there are so many more of them. Indiana has hardly any firearm laws and most class III weapons can be obtained (think full auto, sound supressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns), if you can afford them, and has extremely low crime rate. In Indiana, I can open carry a handgun and not get thrown in jail for it. I was assured by a Hamilton County officer that carrying a firearm open-styled in Ohio has been deemed illegal since they have a concealed weapons program. I am pushing hard to get a National Concealed Weapons program going and to get my local yokel Indiana representatives to push for this in Senate.

[quote name='ghostofdavid']Tangiers: Do you ever go shooting?[/quote] Just Nazis and Hypocritical Republicans No, not really. I don't watch TV, for lack of spare time, shooting would be considered recreational, for me. I haven't discharged a firearm in 8 years.

I'm reminded of Wolf Brand Chili:Whens the last time you scratched your itchy trigger finger?Well, neighbor, that's just too long.Then again, like I said, I'm from Texas :P