Ice Hookah Lounge

RogueSmoker

Any maryland or Virginia heads gone here? Looks pretty nice. Supposed to be going here shortly just looking for a possible heads up from anyone. costumed-smiley-091.gif

I've been there before. It's a little to "college kid teeny bopper" for me. Bumpty hip-hop music and blacklight crap. Bunch of drunk Towson U kids.
Not my style at all.

• 2 years later...
I know this is old, just wanted to mention my own experience with Ice Hookah. This is my go to place for hookah, even though the decorations are (very) minimal and most people here are college kids, I've never noticed anyone obviously drunk. The music is crap, but rarely loud, and most importantly the shisha flavors (milk and honey is my favorite, but the pumpkin pie and Israel flavors are nice too) are unique and the guys setting it up for you are nice.

I don't always feel comfortable when a place tries too hard to have a "middle eastern" vibe and it comes off feeling fake, so I appreciate the minimalism here. They also almost obsessively check up on you and your coal.

And the prices are really good (especially on weekdays when it's all you can smoke or two for the price of one) if you go to the place across the street it's over twice the price.

Just my two cents!

Negative points would be that though the sitting area is clean, but the bathroom is very iffy and there's no food offered beyond chips like cheetos or doritos.

• 9 months later...
I have been there 3 times now, its a pretty awful atmosphere IMO.

It isnt a very good hookah lounge, there are 2 others nearby that make it seem like a complete joke.

The prices are good for buying coals and tobacco (mainly al-waha) but they dont seem very knowledgeable, they seem to think nakhla is a "shitty" brand of shisha. Their hose prices seem very reasonable too. The cost of hookahs and refills is a bit steep compared to the competition.

I cant recall the first 2 times but the last time i actually smoked from their hookahs was for a friends birthday party, they sent out 4 hookahs, all of which the hoses had major and minor burns in them which seeped a noticeable amount of air into the hits, and the hoses were clearly dirty, particles on the 3rd hit = no no.

It will pass as a fine place to someone who doesnt avidly smoke hookahs/shisha but for all others its a stay away place IMO.

Also the blacklights gave me a headache, but that is just me.