Lol! I Finally Got My Dad To Try Hookah!

My mum hates smoking so thats a no go and my dad quit smoking 20 years ago when he had a 60 a day habit. He says if he takes a pull of hookah he will want a cigarette next. Although my gran smokes it with me.

ha so story time for me!!!

so i have had my hookah for about a month and i have from day one, set it on my desk in my room. so i was at work yesterday and i call my dad to say im on my way. he just likes to know what is going on. and he says we have to talk about something when you get home. so im like oh about time!! lol... so i get home and he was like wtf is that NHT pipe doing in your room! and i freaked. i just went off about how it was not for NHT at all. and basically shut him up. then he said i hope its not yours. and i said yup its mine very casually. and he just shook his head and walked away.

now my mom i think knew prior to that cause she like made my bed a couple of times and always brings laundry in and such but who knows. my mom also tried it down in jamaica a while back prior to me actually getting one.

and today i got a text from my mom and she said "what is up with the hookah, your dad is really pissed" lol im laughing still from this text. i havent responded yet though

I've got most of my family hooked. At nearly every function I'll bring a hookah and it really brings everyone together for a great time.

Here's a cool picture of our 3 hose at our last family event. There was a fire ban but the KM provided a nice substitute.

[attachment=3515:christmastree.jpg]

Me and my Dad typically hit up a shisha bar whenever he is in town. He only really smokes it with me (although he did smoke it long before I did, he busted his hookah out once every year or so as a kid... he's from the Middle East).

It's a nice activity for us to do while we catch up.

My dad knows about my smoking habits...how much I smoke I doubt he knows. He will never smoke with me but my mom might at some point in her life, she has taken a hit or two from my hookah but hasnt sat down with me. Both my parents are Lebanese and my mom has been smoking hookah before I was born.

My Dad smokes with me whenever he's in town and he really loves it. I ended up selling him my Nour. haha

I've smoked with him and his GF. Pretty fun actually, we mostly talk about cars or politics while puffing away.

I had to deal with the NHT problem back when I first started but he got over it once I explained it to him and really enjoys it now. My mom knows about it and has offered to smoke with me but I always forget to bring it to her house when I'm up there.

My first smoke with Bubba, my little hookah was with my parents. My dad comes from a family of smokers, and he used to smoke pipes. My mom took 2 puffs, said she felt lightheaded and went to take a nap on the couch...

My son and his friends introduced me to hookah. I am a pipe smoker, and I looked upon it with askance, and suspicion. Not for the typical prejudices, but from a health perspective: inhaling, etc.
Well, it has become quite a hobby of mine, and we smoke together frequently. I will say that my hanging out here at HF has elevated the methods, materials, and session qualities considerably! Occasionally I'll actually go downstairs and hang out with him and his buddies for a while, smoke a little hookah, then go back to my Dad-ly stuff. biggrin.gif