How To Fix A Broken Base?

stereo

In hopes of fully enjoying the weather today, I brought my new hookah outside for a smoke. I've done this with previous hookahs (albeit ones with thicker bases) and naturally it was a nice experience. When I say "new", I mean 'less than 24 hours old' new. I loaded it up with blueberry (personal fav), foil, charcoal, etc. Took a few good rips, and as a strong gust of wind went to blow the rest of my foil squares away i reached for them, hose in hand, in return pulling the hookah and it toppled over on the cement.

It's not a very large hookah:

Here's a picture of the hole in the glass (underneath my thumb):

I'd really like to find a way to seal it up. I don't want to replace the entire base, since I love the way it looks. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated..thanks : )

Plug the hole up with a small portion of the meatwad miniature!

Otherwise some marine epoxy, since it'll probably come in contact with water. Or hell, stuff it with a black piece of clay and smooth it over.

Mya Bambino bases look kind of similar (grenade'ish) if all else fails.

Thanks to all; it seems that regular hot glue does the trick quite well! This one probably won't be my main smoking device, but it needs to be broken in (although THIS wasn't what i had in mind).

GNU & K: I live in a small-ish town, so quality hookas (and craft shops!) are few & far between when it comes to buying direct. Although I do have a couple home-made, I plan on getting a nice, solid piece as soon as i'm able to smile.gif

Hobbs: The grenade look was (partially) my main motivation behind buying this piece tongue.gif that, and the shaft lights up. granted, it was rather cheap but I'm all for a collection when it comes to smoking.

I'd also say to use marine epoxy, but good luck finding some anywhere. I've got a basement full of it because of the boat I'm building, but it comes in big gallon jugs for lots of $$$$. (About $750 for 15 gallons.)

Use the regular epoxy that comes in the double-syringe tubes at hardware stores and W-mart. It's basically the same stuff in a much smaller, cheaper package. Any kind of epoxy is going to be more waterproof than something like hot glue!

• 3 months later...
Any kind of epoxy is going to be more waterproof than something like hot glue!

Yeahhh, this happened to my buddies hookahs and he used hot glue, and after a couple of uses it started to leak. I put some epoxy in there for him and he's been using it for a couple of months with out a problem.