Khalil Mamoon Signature Ice

Hobbs

Got my KM ice about 2 weeks ago, I'd say it has seen enough use to warrant a review.

Hose: KM Hose, very nice quality, smokes beautifully. Prior to this hose I was using a Mya Saray hose... this is a supreme upgrade.

Bowl: Egyptian clay bowl, works fine. I got a grey/blue colored bowl and a red hookah, I was kind of hoping for a red bowl.. for looks really.

Grommets: Your typical grommets, nothing special about these but they get the job done.

Vase: The vase that I have on my KM ice seems different than most, and that's very apparent. I'm really digging the tear drop style base that I have, you can tell it is hand painted and that makes it that much more appealing to me. It's thick and pretty hefty, it also doubles as a woman's self defense item.

Stem: Solid core KM stem, doesn't weigh as much as the vase, but it's very sturdy feeling, it flares out at the very bottom for better bubble dispersion I'm assuming.

Tray: Very large tray, it would save you from all but the most severe spills. The tray sits on top of the ice chamber.

Other: Came with the biggest brush I have ever seen in my life, won't fit down the stem.. won't do much if you stick it in the base. I already owned a smaller brush, which I use to clean my stem, might be something to look into purchasing. Unless I just got a freak of nature brush I don't think I'll ever use the one that came with it.

Overall: This is by far the nicest, sturdiest, best smoking hookah I've ever had the pleasure to be around. If you're remotely considering one, you have my utmost approval. The draw is completely unrestricted, it's just like taking a normal breath.

Personal Thoughts: I would buy this hookah again in a heartbeat. This hookah is pretty stable, but it would not handle being bumped very well. It does hold up to passing the hose around in circles quite nice though. I also believe that any future blackouts or lunar eclipses are at the sole responsibility of Khalil Mamoon Hookahs.

On a side note I have come to this conclusion about the ice chamber:
It will rust if you leave water in it, it's chemistry.. if you don't want it to rust don't use it, or don't let the water sit in there.
If you have ice in your base, it makes no noticeable difference to me or my friends.
If you have no ice in your base, but add ice to the chamber it makes a difference, but not as much as putting ice in your base. (lets say it melted and you're planning on packing another bowl, but don't want to pull the stem out and change the water, or mid session your ice melted)

Without further ado... PICS! Any questions/comments or if you want more pics feel free to PM me.

• 3 months later...
Khalil Mamoon Signature Ice

Total Pipe Height: 32.5" w/o bowl
Stem Length: 29 3/8"
Base Height: 12"

Purchased From:
Caravan Trading Company - http://myworld.ebay.com/caravan_trading/

Overall: 9/10 This is a really good pipe. My first KM and it's truly a great Egyptian Pipe great smoking, great purge. Ice Bucket doesn't really do anything but it's kind of fun every now and then. It came with a grand washable hose, I will review it later. Minus one point just cause traditional pipes are hard to clean unlike Mya Saray Pipes and you gotta be creative or buy the new windcover to use a phunnel on this hookah.

• Upvote 1