Lazy Dayz Lounge

mattathayde

didnt find a review for this lounge here so ill post one up

this is a nice little place, they have a shop in the next unit over (they are in a strip mall)

pretty cozy, very relaxed. they have a lot of couches and low coffee tables and then a few normal smaller square tables and chairs. they have a capacity of about 40-50 people so on the weekends it can get busy but it still stays pretty quiet. they play rock, a little techno, and a few rap songs but not a lot. on sundays they have movie nights (havent gotten to attend one though but some of my friends like them). they have a decent range of shishas and a lot of flavors (hookah hookah, tangiers, starbuzz and one other that i cannot remember). they clean the hoses and change the water after each use and usually have ice and fruit "packs" you can pay an extra buck for and they put well ice or fruit in the water. service is pretty good and the staff is friendly. they have free wi-fi and cards, poker chips, and chess/checkers you can use.

they do require everyone to buy a drink just so they can cover some costs and dont have a lot of people chilling and not paying. they have candy bars and snack items to get but no real food.

so in short

pros
-relaxed
-good range of flavors
-nice staff

cons
-some times they run out of flavors (like lime tangiers because it is very poplar there)
-can be crowded
-no substantial food

ill give it about an 8/10. its a great place and i suggest any one in the 757 area code area to try them out... not to mention it is the only hookah lounge in the area except for one they have on the south side.

-matt

• 9 months later...
This hookah lounge has a great atmosphere, and the guys (and gal) that run the place are very nice folks. They are very knowledgable about hookahs, and offer a great selection of pipes and flavors.

Brands offered: Starbuz, Laylalina, Tangiers, and Hookah Hookah.

Pipes: Mainly Mya pipes, but they do have a few Egyptian pipes, too.

Atmosphere: Very modern, but relaxing. They have lots of plush couches and tables, and LCD TVs on the walls. They play soft music of various genres, which I appreciate since its not so loud you can't hear ourself think. It is a great hang out spot, and draws a large college croud. They do not serve alcaholic beverages (that I know of), but that really helpes the atmosphere in my opinion.

Retail: They have a hookah shop next door to the lounge that offers Mya pipes, bowls of all types, tobacco and coals. Their selection is not large, but they definetly have their bases covered. The merchandise is top notch, and as I said, the owners are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Overall, I rate them 10/10. If I were to open a lounge, I would use Lazy Dayz as a model. The servise was good, and the sessions were very enjoyable. Their prices are avarage (around $12 for Starbuzz). If you are in the area, do not pass up the opportunity to check this lounge out!

I was going to write a review for this place but AmunRa has it covered.

Their staff is very friendly and helpful, they also get their Tangiers smoking very well.. most of the time when I'm craving Tang I go there rather than put up with all the fuss at home.

Only thing I don't like is that on a typical weened night if you don't show up at a decent hour the place will be overflowing with people (mainly college kids) so finding a seat could be rough.

Sundays are movie nights!

• 1 year later...
This is not a good place in my opinion. The couches are run down and have burn marks. People climb over them instead of walking around. They have mya setups. Upside there is tangier on the menu. Lousy music, lousy design. I am not impressed so I will not go on. I give it a 4/10.

• 8 months later...
I've never been to the one in Newport News, but I've been to the new one in Norfolk. It's one of the better ones around. The staff is generally friendly and attentive, but on busy night things get a little hectic. There's a decent amount of seating, but there have been times when we've ended up sitting across the table from strangers (not a big deal, but it can get awkward). Up until recently, they were one of the cheaper places too. But I still prefer this atmosphere and it's good on slower nights when I can just chill. One downside is there's very limited parking, as their parking lot is shared with another business. They give student discounts, but only to the college right down the street, which a lot of my friends have complained about. But it's still saved a lot of money. All in all, I'd give this place an 8/10. :)