Pipe tobacco fans

[quote name='Vlax']I just got mine today. Took 3 weeks and 2 days. But 
the only one I don't have is the purple bag of China Black.
And HOLY sh*t this is alot of baccy. [/quote]

Yeah! Thanks for replying with your order arrival, looks like the link is still working :)
 Yeah, its not necesarily the best stuff, but hey, the price is right ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine int today...... thats a mighty generous sampling. Im gonna have fun goin thru these.
Im sure many of you may not remember a post I made here long ago......... I do a bit of pipe carving myself when I can lay hands on the briar. I used to have a website and everything till work picked up and there was little time to carve. (Im actually supposed to be carving a pipe now , if I could just get the briar I need.)
Anyway. since there is an interest in pipes . I'll re-post some of my past work real fast.
[img]http://www.patriotnetwork.net/lakepics/lkepipeebay.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.patriotnetwork.net/lakepics/warden.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.patriotnetwork.net/lakepics/sigwarden.jpg[/img]

• 1 month later...
I just got my package on Friday and I signed up when Yash first posted the link. I got 3 samples - Blue Note, Midnight Smoke and Montego Bay.I borrowed a wooden pipe (has the texture of a walnut, not sure what type it is) and have smoked it about 5 times so far. It is incredibly relaxing! Even compared to smoking hookah. Today I may go pick up a cheap pipe for myself and maybe some more tobacco to try.The only complaint I have is it feels like I poured lava (or hot cheese) all over my tongue. Does this go away? Am I burning the tobacco too hot?

Sigh...takes me back. I used to smoke a pipe, but the tobacco blend I really liked...and I mean REALLY liked...doesn't exist anymore. Casualty of the unpleasantness in the former Yugoslavia.This was, of course, the "Luxury Smoking Mixture" 759, also just known as Balkan 759. Those who've smoked a pipe for some time might've encountered this mixture. On rare occasions, a virgin tin of it will turn up and longtime smokers will fight over it like starving junkyard dogs over a bleached bone! It really was something, too...it had Yenidje leaf as a core flavoring tobacco, and their Yenidje was a very particular one. That's the 'lost' part. Does not exist anymore. Oh, sure, there's various Balkan mixtures and they can sort of semi-recreate the 759 flavor and aroma, but not exactly. The only thing that comes close is an experimental Balkan mix made by a local tobacconist around here, who's been tinkering with a replication of 759 for several years now, and who has managed to get almost dead-on it. But again, nothing will ever exactly replace the contents of those white tins.An aside, FYI...Missouri wine is quite something. One of the best-kept secrets of the Midwestern US, in fact. One of the very finest dessert wines that I know of is the St. James Late Harvest Vignoles...IF you can find a bottle before they run out of their yearly bottlings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I hadn't smoked a pipe in months and decided to pick it up the other day. As much as I like Virginia flakes I couldn't tell much about the flavor since I've been away from it so long. Syrupy sweet shisha ruined my tastebuds for good pipe tobacco It is a subtle flavor, though, and just not noticible until you smoke it a few times to get back "in the groove".

• 2 weeks later...
I've been smoking pipe for about a year or so and i've done some reading on it. Cobb pipes are great starter pipes because you don't have to condition them so you don't get as harsh of a smoke. I would recommend that one starts with a cobb pipe so if they hate it they can quit and not be out to much cash. As you progress you get a nicer pipe and condition it. To condition it you smoke it and let a thin layer of tar cover up the interior of the pipe. This conditions the pipe. Or so i have read. I personally have found this true I also found that it takes a little while to fully condition a pipe if you don't smoke it all that often. I don't know if this is helpful to anyone but i just thought i would throw it out there.