Nour Syrian 23"

MechAnt

My 23" Syrian Nour from HookahCompany just came in today and wow it is the greatest smoking pipe I have ever had the pleasure of smoking. Here is my picture review.

Ash Tray. Intricately etched and looks amazing! I'm horrified that I have to use it!

The Stem is amazing, looks so good and weighs 3lbs itself.

Downstem/Chamber. A syrian that is not a common chamber! The ports are amazingly wide as well. I have them in comparision to be MZ Horas B.

Syrian

MZ

The Nour is the same as the MZ here but lets take a look at the hose ports.

Left is the Nour, right is the MZ

Nour

MZ

Look at the Nour! It's about 1/8 of an inch WIDER than the MZ.

Base. Very sexy. It's drenched in pearlescent paint and looks amazing.

Misc. Tongs are very cool in that they are pointed tip and the brushes have hooks like I've never seen.

The hose, although is a non-washable hose, has a similarly wide gauge as a Razan and the handle is sexy. See for youself.

It's supposed to come with a carrying bag but HC forgot it. It's been shipped and i'll add more tomorrow.

Picture time!

This smoke was only the third draw!

Video of purging and smoking

This pipe truely exceeds all other pipes I have smoked in my lifetime. It is an absolute pleasure to smoke. The draw is easier than anything out there, purges like a KM, heavy and solid, and the smoke quality is amazing.

A true masterpiece of a pipe. 100000000000000000000/10.

The carrying bag. Great quality with a cool clear part to see the contents. Lots of room inside.

Three pockets is a little tight of storage but the inside of the main compartment is cavernous even with the pipe in there.

Nice thick padding.

A nice little surprise inside one of the pockets!

• 5 months later...
Nour 23" Hookah from www.hookahcompany.com

Aesthetics: This hookah is simply stunning. 23" tall. Etched stem and ash tray. Beautiful pearl finish near the top of the Amber base. Pressed silver stripes with intricate patterning on it. There's a bubble inside the glass up near the top w/ kind of a hairline crack on it. I cant feel any lifting on it, seems just to be the way it was fired that caused that particular issue. Not a huge thing to me and no reason to dock the hookah any of the points it deserves. 10/10

Crunching the Numbers: 8mm wide hose port, extra wide. 10mm wide inner core stem. Very heavy construction brass inner core with a nickel plating. 23" tall with the bowl. Craftsmanship and hose ports and stem diameter 10/10.

Hose: The hose that came with it is the worst part of the whole hookah as you get it from the retailer. Add on a grand washable or Razan or Nammor hose, the hookah kicks a lot better. 6/10

Bowl: The hookah comes with a nice shallow regular glazed Egyptian bowl. White. Smoked several bowls from it. No complaints really except that the color shows the cake that the shisha leaves behind. 9/10

Pull: Amazing pull. Effortless. I know it's cliche, but it really is like you're breathing. Not restricted in the least if you have the proper hose. 9.5/10

Overall: I have to give this hookah a 9.5/10 as it comes from hookahcompany.com. If it came with a washable Grand Washable/Mya/Razan/Nammor hose it would be a full 10. It is a pleasure to smoke and if I had to do it all over again, I would buy it again and again. Absolutely Fanastic!

Edited by Bulldog_916

• 1 month later...
I got one of the Limited Edition Brass hookahs off of thehookah.com, not sure exactly how limited they are, but I've wanted a nour for a while, and there was one on there that was just what I wanted aesthetics-wise. the style I got was 1B5.

First of all the positives :

- I love the look of this hookah, the brass is perfectly complimented by the hand-painted red base. Love the styling, the shape, everything.

- The stem is 1 or 2 solid pieces of brass, so its heavy, and I feel like I could beat up an intruder with it.

- The base is heavy, has a wide bottom but sits on a slightly narrower section. the neck of the base tapers up quickly. this means that the hookah has a really low center of gravity, and coupled with the weight of the stem, it doesn't like to tip. Plus it holds a lot of water in the bottom, with plenty of room for airspace in the top, something I really like.

- Smokes Beautifully. Easy draw, huge clouds, lots of flavor.

- The tray (and for those who own high end nours, you know what I'm talking about) is freaking gorgeous.

Now the Negatives:

-There are 3 or 4 welds on the stem and every one of them sticks out like a sore thumb under inspection. They're not terribly clean & no effort was made to brass color them in any way, so they really do stick out. They don't look bad from a distance, but look for them and they become blatently obvious.

-The clear valve, while perfectly functional, is squeezed a bit, so the clearing takes a little more time than on a KM, but unlike most mya's, will actually clear out the entire vase. Not a major problem.

- It came with a mya hose, which is fine but its so decidedly average for a decidedly not average pipe. I really wish they would start shipping high end hoses with high end pipes. not a major problem.

-The tray sits evenly and handles coals without a problem, but it does tip pretty easyly with the weight of some tongs. Not a major problem

Final:

I gotta say, I love this pipe. Great to look at, and seems like it will take care of me as long as I take care of it. give it a 9.5/10 subtracting only because of the minor quibbles I mentioned above. I highly highly highly reccomend this pipe. Edited by slyfarmerjon