Built My Own Hookah The Other Day

agentscot

Took about 4 hours from start to finish, excluding time for the glue to dry.

I used a plastic plumbing piece to house all the piping, and secured it all with a bunch of epoxy. I then wrapped it with electric tape to make a seal in the vase. The head and hoses are from an old, crappy hookah i bought a while ago. The vase is just an old flower vase. I have a new vase from hookah-shisha.com on its way right now though. I'll post more pictures when its all fully assembled. I'm also considering buying a couple of nammor hoses. I'm not sure i want to spend that much though, considering I only spent about 25 bucks on what you see above (the new vase set me back another 20).

The beautiful thing about this hookah that I'm really proud of is the capability for different amounts of hoses. You see the little piece that both hoses are plugged into? That piece slides off the base and can be replaced with a different piece that takes only one hose. I'm probably gonna go to lowes and get another piece that would allow for 3 hoses.

btw, it smokes incredibly. Way better than my friend's 200 dollar, imported, rotating hookah.

Very nice friend, yeah, building one is the way to go if your good with your hands. If you can find stainless steal tubes, that would be better, but hell, your still *&^$en smoking.

QUOTE (Palexican @ Jul 12 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i heard smoking out of copper is bad for your health

I heard smoking tobacco is bad for your health.

yes, there is a slight risk factor when smoking out of copper, but you can keep that risk at a minimum by keeping the pipes clean and never using an acidic cleanser or abrasive on it. But honestly, I would say that the long term effects of the tobacco are far more harmful than those of the copper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
QUOTE (agentscot @ Jul 9 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Took about 4 hours from start to finish, excluding time for the glue to dry.

I used a plastic plumbing piece to house all the piping, and secured it all with a bunch of epoxy. I then wrapped it with electric tape to make a seal in the vase. The head and hoses are from an old, crappy hookah i bought a while ago. The vase is just an old flower vase. I have a new vase from hookah-shisha.com on its way right now though. I'll post more pictures when its all fully assembled. I'm also considering buying a couple of nammor hoses. I'm not sure i want to spend that much though, considering I only spent about 25 bucks on what you see above (the new vase set me back another 20).

The beautiful thing about this hookah that I'm really proud of is the capability for different amounts of hoses. You see the little piece that both hoses are plugged into? That piece slides off the base and can be replaced with a different piece that takes only one hose. I'm probably gonna go to lowes and get another piece that would allow for 3 hoses.

btw, it smokes incredibly. Way better than my friend's 200 dollar, imported, rotating hookah.

Dude that's incredible! I'm looking to create my own Hookah myself. But, its going to take some work. I want to create a dragon-shaped head hookah, the coal will rest in the dragon's mouth. Detailed completely in painting and sculpture, down to the last scale. How do i go about this? A friend of mine recommended that I get some stuff from home depot and put it in a shoe box and sculpt it, but it dries fast. Really fast. I will of course be definitely practicing my sculpting with a form of clay like play-doh. Can anyone help me?

• 3 weeks later...