Tangiers reviews

i agree with you in not liking the licorice flavors that are out there, most are flops (even fumari's, their cola is was disapointing for me as well). The best and first licorice smoke i ever had was by afzal, and the one online retailer that sells it has it in the wrong kind of packaging.
licorice's that suck:
fumari
sultan 
Al fahker
layalina (even though it smelled good at first)
al waha
nahkla
romman 

as for kashmir:  my guess for the liquor would be absinthe and the drugs common name being "thujone"?
ill be ordering some mint and licorice for sure then, and maybe some other random flavors.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airing out the tobacco is a troubleshooting thing. If the humidity doesn't change, it will be fine. I've also experimented with changing water temperature (Hot and iced) to counteract humidity shock, I'm still working on it, occasionally. If you KNOW the weather just changed (Got rainy, got hot, dry air moved in, tornado destroyed your trailer), its a good idea to open it. If it has been relatively "stable", it should be fine...again, all nicotinated tobacco products have this situation to contend with, thats why experts keep their cigars in humidors, to keep them damp. Kashmir Apple is regular Apple with Kashmir flavor.Kashmir Peach is a special peach (I refer to it as "tasty peach") with kashmir flavor. Regular peach is a very different peach, made specifically for smoking by itself.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok..new review at last...
THORNBERRY!
Left it open for a few hours...used 2 small pieces of bulk charcoal...and its WONDERFUL! (got it right..was starting to doubt my abilities there for a while )
According to Tangiers, its actually Sloe berry...the stuff they make sloe gin out of. Not sure what it's supposed to tast like, as I dont drink gin... It's a not too sweet, but nice and fruity taste unlike anything else I have tried. 
It's your typical Tangiers Ma'asell in terms of smoke etc.
Definitly something you all should try.

Its ah..called blackthorn. I try to maintain subtle flavors to offset the hard, pedal-to-the-metal flavorslike Kashmir Peach and Kashmir Apple. I'm glad you like it.Many people, who get used to the stronger Tangiers stuff HATE blackthorn. People who hate Tangiers because its too flavorful often end up liking blackthorn.

What flavors do you have left to try? When should I send more? At some point, maybe you could summarize them all for convenient corporate bookmarking 2.With all the other comments, maybe I should connect them all together into a "sales book" 3.I was starting to think people were forgetting about their samples and moving on to other worlds. I forgot, I used to be like you all, you people are packrats! You like to stash away little globs of this and clumps of that in little cubby holes. I'm still the same way with booze. I take it that most everybody hasn't run out, they're proverbially storing the stuff for winter.4Please note, the Department of Codes and Professional Standards has determined that the last 5 was unneccessary. Addition of superfluous smiley faces, in California Law, is punishable by a fine of up to $5000 and/or up to 30 days in jail and/or upto 3 nipple twisters. The Department will begin monitoring all messages on this site and penalizing people appropriately.[Ouch! That second one REALLY hurt!!]6

• 1 month later...
Hmm...seems i never posted a review for the Melon Blend...
So, I smoked a bowl of the Melon Blend last night. Used my smaller 24" hookah, screen, windcover, finger coals, Mya type smaller bowl, and SMALL pieces of coal...I mean really small...and I left the tub open when I went to work so it aired out all day.
I've managed to get the heat right my last couple of times on the first try. You just have to use so little charcoal you think to yourself this can't possible work... 
Great smoke density and volume. Even my wife took a few hits and enjoyed it..
This was a sweet tangiers flavour, and I mean SWEET as in taste. As close to a "candy" ma'asell as I've found from him so far. The favour was just astounding. Definitly Lope in there, but the blend is just wonderful. Ever have a really nice cordial where you took a sip and the flavour flowed around your mouth like oil? Thats how this flavour was.
I'm going to have to go back and check which others I've neglected to review.

tangiers, in irvine there are 2 very popular international grocery stores that carry hookah products. i would love for them to carry tangiers. i currently get all my AF from them and they have good prices too. So i was wondering if i should talk to there managers and ask about carrying it or if you are already on it. im still planning on whch day to drive to san diego =)

Did I see someone say that there are two large stores in Irvine that
happen to carry hookah paraphernalia-ge? My campus is maybe 10 minutes
from UCI...finding these sources would be quite convenient! Not quite
as far as the Bulldog in Huntington Beach...
(I don't mean to be vague to anybody who doesn't live in Southern
California in all of my geographical comments...just kind of irrelevant
to the rest, just ignore them I suppose)

seandoo. yes there are 2 just in irvine. do a search for them. first one is called wholesome choice foods, on culver and michaelson. second one is called super irvine on culver and walnut. Both super irvine has more variety and brands, and is cheaper. wholesome has better stock on the natura wood coals where as super has quicklites. Good luck!

DJNick - Thanks a bunch for the heads up. My brother and I went to
check out both yesterday since we were in the area...Super Irvine had
quite the selection! A lot of it was King, which carries lots of
different flavors...and a lot was Splash, which both my brother and I
turned out to enjoy. We picked up Splash Apple from there and a box of
coals since we were low...the apple's pretty good. Not too artificial,
more like apple juice I'd say. We headed over to Wholesome and
man...they had boxes of shisha in the isle like it's nobody's business!
It was entirely Nakhla (to my horror) but after hearing so many people
enjoying Nakhla...and since these 50g boxes were actually sealed in
plastic (unlike all other Nakhla I have...) I figured I'd give them a
go at only $1 each!! Excellent price. Nakhla Orange turned out to be
the bomb diggity. Good stuff

Tangiers - Thanks, I'll be sure to hit you up next time I'm in the
area. I do need to go to Balboa Park for an assignment before the end
of the semester, gives me a good excuse to hit up San Diego. =)

Yes, guesses are still welcome. Hash is not it. As a side point, I tested developing a hash flavor. Since I've never smoked the stuff, I had to let other people try it. Apparently I got the back flavor right, but the front flavor was wrong. Maybe if I get bored tomorrow, I pull my old notes out.

• 3 months later...
My guess is Anise and fennel. To all you new Tangiers smokers. Pack the bowl good with your ring finger gently moving the tobacco around to fill every nook and cranny of your head. I also make sure I grab one pinch at a time not a glob like some of you. This works with any head you have egyptian or syrian. I didnt order Tangier's heads cause thats way too much tobacco for one sitting of his stuff cause I mostly smoke alone at home while I read or watch a movie. Another thing I do is with all my new heads i burn the top outer ring of them on the stove (electric)with a little of the shisha juice rubbed inside of them. It may be supersticious but to me it burns off all that "new" taste to them. My girlfriend doesnt smoke with me but when she smelled the kashmir peach she had to take a puff. And she got a wicked buzz from one hit. I dont get how because I dont, nor do i look for one. My 2 cents

Chai Tea as I'm familiar with it is a sweet, spiced, dark orange tea
heavily laden with a layer of cream at the top that you mix in. That's
what it's been called at several Indian places I eat at. Other places
simply call it Thai tea so it may be a matter or regional
misconception.

Whatever it is, it's my favorite non alcoholic drink and it does indeed taste much like the Kashmir flavor.

My guess as to what Kashmir is, though, is something completely different.