Tangiers reviews

I tried vanilla last night.  I think I waited until last to try it because  I was afraid I would get a vanilla-extract type flavor out of it.  In fact, I dont think I could have guessed vanilla had I not known.  Now that you say butterscotch is in it, it makes more sense.  Anyway, I really enjoyed this flavor as well.  It got a bit overwhelming to me about the time I lit a 2nd coal, but my cousin (a cig smoker) was not at all bothered by it.  In fact, hes taking my first hookah (a cheap 2 hose egyptian) back with him, and Im goign to give him info on ordering tangiers from hookahcompany.com.Im a big fan of a good cherry.  Best Ive had was Fakher.  Most other brands seem to remind me of medicine.  Hope you can get a real good cherry flavor out there.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackthorn-AKA Sloe Berries...AKA Sloe GinMany people find the vanilla very smooth, easy and inviting. I find it harsh and obnoixous. People have different senses of taste, moreso than most people believe. You and I just have extra-sensitive vanilla taste-senses. Sorry it didn't please you, I can't please everybody all the time. Ray Davies once said "Give the people what they want." That's the philosophy I live buy.

Is that what that is? I'll be darned. Everyone who's smelled it has though plum, but then again since most of us whouldn't know a sloe berry if it hit us in the face we probably associated it with the closest smell that we DID know.
Guess I'll be smoking that stuff next!

I have been sick for a long ass time ( think something is really wrong with me LOL), and I am too broke right now to make an order of ma'assel. but Tangiers if you nail down a Butterscotch or have any extra vanilla (tried like 6 diff vanillas and NEVER found one that was sweet enough or that was smooth enough to please me), I would LOVE a sample....You can see by the post count, I'm an oldie on these boards but my job has been so busy I haven't had much time to post!  I have been reading and it sounds like you make an absolutely outstanding product!! Bravo!!!!
Tangiers, have you smoked any Fumari products ever?  Their White Peach is a very unique type of a peach flavor IMO and their Watermelon is probably my favorite flavor ever (though I have not tried your Watermelon)
Mush, PM me if you want to split an order?

Wyteboy, i'm in a similar position to you.  I'm not broke or anything, but their are so many flavours I want to try that I would never be able to finish everything.  It's a shame there are no 50g packs.  I'm asking a couple of UK guys to see if they would split a ma'assel order with me. Alternatively, I guess it would be possible to do it with a US guy too and send them money for it or something... (hint, hint)So anybody willing to part with 50g samples?  The tangiers is $11 so I will be happy to pay $3+shipping if anybody is in the same boat as me

[quote name='wyteboy']I have been sick for a long ass time ( think something is really wrong with me LOL), and I am too broke right now to make an order of ma'assel. but Tangiers if you nail down a Butterscotch or have any extra vanilla (tried like 6 diff vanillas and NEVER found one that was sweet enough or that was smooth enough to please me), I would LOVE a sample....You can see by the post count, I'm an oldie on these boards but my job has been so busy I haven't had much time to post!  I have been reading and it sounds like you make an absolutely outstanding product!! Bravo!!!!
Tangiers, have you smoked any Fumari products ever?  Their White Peach is a very unique type of a peach flavor IMO and their Watermelon is probably my favorite flavor ever (though I have not tried your Watermelon)
Mush, PM me if you want to split an order?[/quote]We'll talk...send me a PM.I used to be responsible for new flavor and tobacco testing at Fumari. I remember white peach. They have some of the best imported tobacco on the market, I think its slightly overpriced, however. I steal about three customers a week from them.

[quote name='wyteboy']I have been sick for a long ass time ( think something is really wrong with me LOL)[/quote]Yes, I've been waiting for you...you've been very sick for awhile...but you won't have to worry about it anymore...There was something really wrong with you, but not anymore...(Sound of Wyteboy falling to the floor)(Woman screaming hysterically)(distant ambulance siren)(indistinct sounds of paramedics and women's shrieking)

LOLOLOLOL great post!!
we shall see.....kind of tempting to light up my first bowl in easily over 2 months this Saturday while nfl playoffs are on...the GS AF esk apple is calling my name...but I think maybe with foil instead of a screen which if I remember, I somehow stopped being able to not get too much heat through with only 2 pieces of small coal....who knows though...do i REALLLLLLLY want to tempt pneumonia again??? LOL!

Thanks Tangier and mushrat, i hate you all. I HAAAD some money left over from christmas but noooooo i have to keep reading these reviews. So now ive got about kilo of tangiers headed my way. Just had to order the Kashmir peach/apple and the raspberry (my fav pipe tobaccy has a hint of black raspberry) I asked george to send me some samples of some smaller samples of your other stuff too.  Cant wait to try it out next week!

[quote name='Abide']Thanks Tangier and mushrat, i hate you all. I HAAAD some money left over from christmas but noooooo i have to keep reading these reviews. So now ive got about kilo of tangiers headed my way. Just had to order the Kashmir peach/apple and the raspberry (my fav pipe tobaccy has a hint of black raspberry) I asked george to send me some samples of some smaller samples of your other stuff too.  Cant wait to try it out next week![/quote]Good, good. cancer isn't a disease...its evolution! For there to be evolution there must be the ultimate prices for failure...death and extinction.Just kidding...I'm glad you decided to try my stuff, I hope you'll like it. Mushy has finally figured out my avatar...Kudos! No, not chai. Is there a tea expert out there? Is chai a real, specific type of tea or just a blend (like Earl Grey)?

Tangiers seems to be THE MAN!  I look forward to trying some of the stuff...I am usually as Mush would describe more of a "candy' ma'ssel type smoker whereas I know he has described Tangiers to be different from AF in that AF may be a "candy" ma'assel while Tangiers is more of a very flavorful tobacco.....we'll see!!!!!!!

[quote name='ZAP']Well... i'm indian and chai on it's own means tea[/quote]What kind of Indian? Feather or Dot? Chai is just a generic name for tea...I've always suspected it. I forgot...blackthorn is often described as a slightly tart plum flavor. Any more reviews, Mush-man?

why yes..in fact..i am presently smoking your apple.
In my new hookah..with your bowl.....Going to have to make a screen for it as my standard sceen won't even come close to covering it. So I'm back to foil...
(i know i said the new hookah was delayed..but a local store owner made me an offer i couldn't refuse...pictures to follow in the next day or so.)
Imagine a 2 apple..without the anise.  I'm going to guess its not a straight green or red apple..some sort of mix? Whatever it is.....its DELICOUS!

I went from foil to screen and LOVED it. and then something weird happened...several several sessions in a row of too much heat, too little heat, charred hits from the beginning and it was a lot of .
If I do indeed hit my gs af esk apple this weekend, it will be with foil.  though I really liked the screen so I could stop worrying about the chemicals of oxidized foil that I was inhaling, LOL!

"Chemicals of oxidized foil?". I think we had a long drawn out one on this subject. Aluminum foil is one of the safest things in your house...wax paper is safer, but it doesn't stand up to heat too well. Mushy: You get that "apple-pie" filling vibe from Apple?

Tangiers...i've read many great reviews on your tobacco...could you PM me your sizes and prices please! thanx in advancePS: im armenian and the word chai (in farsi) means plain tea, and ive noticed that at hookah bars they mention chai and earl grey like theyre both flavors...but as far as im concerned chai just means tea and earl grey is a "sort" of tea!

Well, I received my samples of Tangiers from Mushrat today. Thank you mushy, from the bottom of my giblets!
Unfortunately, I will not be sampling these too soon. I have been out of the smoking business for a few days (about a week and a half) and I have unfinished business to smoke. I am still determined to master the art of Serbleti preparation and smoking. So if you see this, Alen, I haven't forgotten! As soon as I have smoked the serb, I will smoke these.
One thing I can say is that the smell is awesome of the Kashmir peach! I shouldn't like this smell (as it reminds me of the Fakfahina "floral" thingy) but it is just so mesmerizing! I took all 3 samples out of the big bag, and I smell the flavors all the way from my kitchen table right now. Pure shisha orgasmic bliss!
Thanks again, Mush and have a great weekend!
MR Bubble