Cheap Glycerin For The Uk

Hi

This is more for the JD crowd. In one post you said you could only get 38ml bottles of glycerin. Well those days are over!

I ordered two 200ml bottles of glycerin from this site, total cost incl p&p £6.09:

http://www.reachpharmacy.com/shop/customer...at=0&page=1

It arrived in 4 days via RM 2nd class mail.

So for all you Nakhla lovers the days of dry shisha are over!

PS: Sorry for no photos, camera needs AA batteries that are super-fully charged and all my batteries are merely fully charged sad.gif. The bottles that arrived are not by Bells, but by a company called "Care". The stuff is still food safe and even contains dosage instructions for ingestion biggrin.gif

PPS: One last point. It says on the bottle to take 1 or 2 5ml spoonfuls of the liquid, and repeat after 4 hours if required. It also has a precautionary note that too much glycerin has the side effects of causing "headaches, nausea, vomitting, stomach upset, diarrhoea, thirst, dizziness, mental confusion, irregular heatbeat and sever hydration if already dehydrated". All sounds like a typical shisha session at my friends house!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Majid @ May 10 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn nargile is an expensive passtime in Europe, UK especially. I saw what you guys pay for Nakhla, like 8 pounds a box.

luckily the current exchange rates are very favourable for us europeans, because the euro and the pound are very strong at the moment. i only buy nakhla in my own country because i can get it for 7 euros for 250g now (the cardboard packaging, not the tin can).

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 10 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just use supercook Glycarin from Tesco's or Sainsbury's or whereever..... Cheap enough and straight off the shelf, food grade stuff.

JD

Guess its just the "deep south" that doesn't sell glycerin lol! They probably dont trust us, we might make bombs out of it and blow up Parliament!

I honestly looked everywhere and couldn't find glycerin in Southampton. Hopefully the link will help someone smile.gif

QUOTE (manic007 @ May 10 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 10 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just use supercook Glycarin from Tesco's or Sainsbury's or whereever..... Cheap enough and straight off the shelf, food grade stuff.

JD

Guess its just the "deep south" that doesn't sell glycerin lol! They probably dont trust us, we might make bombs out of it and blow up Parliament!

I honestly looked everywhere and couldn't find glycerin in Southampton. Hopefully the link will help someone smile.gif

Your 'aving a Giraffe ain't ya?! Pompie food terrorists?! lol

Look in the cooking section [Try a tesco extra] it's down there with the food colourings and flavourings tongue.gif

QUOTE (shisha fan @ May 10 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn nargile is an expensive passtime in Europe, UK especially. I saw what you guys pay for Nakhla, like 8 pounds a box.

luckily the current exchange rates are very favourable for us europeans, because the euro and the pound are very strong at the moment. i only buy nakhla in my own country because i can get it for 7 euros for 250g now (the cardboard packaging, not the tin can).

Oh ja joh? Op de doosjes staat 200 gram als ik het goed heb biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Majid @ May 11 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can we get that in american? lol i have no clue what you said!

QUOTE (Majid @ May 12 2008, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ik heb hier een paar doosjes van 250g liggen. de 200g versie is geloof ik in duitsland te koop, maar daar zit weer minder glycerine in verwerkt (er mag volgens de wet max. 5% in zitten).

QUOTE (ryno @ May 12 2008, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he said he could only get nakhla in 200g boxes instead of 250g

QUOTE (shisha fan @ May 12 2008, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ryno @ May 12 2008, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he said he could only get nakhla in 200g boxes instead of 250g

ahhh now i get it!

QUOTE (manic007 @ May 10 2008, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

This is more for the JD crowd. In one post you said you could only get 38ml bottles of glycerin. Well those days are over!

I ordered two 200ml bottles of glycerin from this site, total cost incl p&p £6.09:

http://www.reachpharmacy.com/shop/customer...at=0&page=1

It arrived in 4 days via RM 2nd class mail.

So for all you Nakhla lovers the days of dry shisha are over!

PS: Sorry for no photos, camera needs AA batteries that are super-fully charged and all my batteries are merely fully charged sad.gif . The bottles that arrived are not by Bells, but by a company called "Care". The stuff is still food safe and even contains dosage instructions for ingestion biggrin.gif

PPS: One last point. It says on the bottle to take 1 or 2 5ml spoonfuls of the liquid, and repeat after 4 hours if required. It also has a precautionary note that too much glycerin has the side effects of causing "headaches, nausea, vomitting, stomach upset, diarrhoea, thirst, dizziness, mental confusion, irregular heatbeat and sever hydration if already dehydrated". All sounds like a typical shisha session at my friends house!! laugh.gif

another reason to use molasses or honey

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 12 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tuff is still food safe and even contains dosage instructions for ingestion biggrin.gif

Nicky me ol' Fruit Tartlette. I think you missed the point.... Those are the side affects of Eating the stuff.. Not smoking it wink.gif

PS - Where did you get 'raw' molassiss as it were?

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 12 2008, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 12 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tuff is still food safe and even contains dosage instructions for ingestion biggrin.gif

Nicky me ol' Fruit Tartlette. I think you missed the point.... Those are the side affects of Eating the stuff.. Not smoking it wink.gif

PS - Where did you get 'raw' molassiss as it were?

haha JD my friend wouldnt smoking it possibly amplify the effects ? we have whole foods stores in my neck of the woods called clarks that sell all sorts of healthy shit and the guy almost shit himself when i told him what i needed it for biggrin.gif

QUOTE (azcoyote @ May 13 2008, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ May 12 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what the heck is glycerin used for? (other than tobacco fun)

It's a major ingredient in personal lubricants - you know like astroglide. biggrin.gif

Oh please. . . really?

I know that glycerin is used in the glazing of cherry tarts. That reminds me!! Check this out LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05WnvdwOcAI

Pure glycerin is edible.

EDIT: Ah man, I just read the comments on the youtube vid. There's some seriously messed up racist pricks in this world. Edited by manic007