Tangiers

TubaTrav2010

This may seem like a stupid question, but I have never tried Tangiers and I hear it is great, good buzz, long lasting flavor. But it sounds very picky until you get it down perfectly. I think I am up to that, but I hear you have to acclimate it. What does that mean? I think you are supposed to let it "air out" or something, but I figured I would ask before I tried something and did it terribly wrong. mellow.gif I havn't seen what it means around the forums with a quick read. Edited by TubaTrav2010

QUOTE (TubaTrav2010 @ Apr 22 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This may seem like a stupid question, but I have never tried Tangiers and I hear it is great, good buzz, long lasting flavor. But it sounds very picky until you get it down perfectly. I think I am up to that, but I hear you have to acclimate it. What does that mean? I think you are supposed to let it "air out" or something, but I figured I would ask before I tried something and did it terribly wrong. mellow.gif I havn't seen what it means around the forums with a quick read.

Airing it out or acclimating it as we tend to say, mean just what it says. When you first get it you should open the package and pout it into a tup to sit out, open, for 4-6 hours to let it get accostomed to the humidity where you are. Unwashed tobaccos like Tangiers and Nakhla tend to be humidity sensitive. Airing them out increases the flavour. Trust us on this one.

just search tangiers or acclimating.

there have been many many many many many many many many of the same posts about this because people do not like to look.

new tangiers (the smaller cut tobacco) supposedly does not need acclimation but I do it anyway for 4-6 hours.
old tangiers (the larger chunky cut) definitely needs acclimation.