Powder Thickener?

animal00043

Anyone know of anything that you can buy specifically to thicken the smoke of your shisha through a powder form added to the water in the base?

I dont want milk or any of that stuff, i was at a hookah bar and they used some type of powder, they wont tell me, to thicken the smoke.

If it was white, I'm betting it was non-dairy creamer, which is oddly flammable. Though, I've tried it and it did add a bit of flavor, but milk still works best.

You should try coconut milk or juice.

I haven't tried Jello mix yet, but I'm thinking it would be perfect.

They are lying and I wouldn't go there any more if they actually are adding stuff. What does NHT smoke look like?

I can get smoke that looks like milk in no gravity with just plain room temp water. It mostly lies in what tobacco you use, how you pack the bowl, and heat management.

QUOTE (Ninjalex @ Mar 27 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, if you haven't figured out proper heat management and packing techniques, that's a perfect place to start.

I'm aware of how to run my hookah thanks, I was refering to the topic- which was a powder to thicken the smoke.

@teq-
I've tried regular milk, and I the bubbles scared me. But, I've heard coconut milk is much better so I'll have to try that soon.

You're only supposed to use milk as an additive to the water or else you'll get bubbles, as you've discovered.

Coconut milk could probably be used by itself, but the flavor might overpower the shisha.

QUOTE (mj_b90 @ Mar 27 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys might wanna edit those posts...before you get slapped by a mod. :-P

+1

i'd hurry up guys, you might take a vacation.

meh everyone already yelled about editing the post.

you shouldnt have to add anything to get good smoke. two things are needed. tobacco. good coal.
look at codename's videos and youll see he doesnt add anything to the base and he hits like a champ. Edited by thecoalition

hey guys, thanks for the responses.. Well i work at a smoke shop in CA so im an aged hookahist if i can say so.. I own 12 KM and 6 myas.

NTH smoke looks very pearly white and veryyy thick. Super dense. I dont use but look it up on a website, very easy.

Also it is not cyanide, for i would be dead. And powdered milk was my conclusion, but the water was very clear. I hear baking soda can increase ur thickness..

Also when i smoke i smoke a whole bowl and continue with the same flavor for multiple hours, at my work we smoke all day from my hookahs. So i dont like to change the base or clean the stem for hours because of customers. That is why i dont like to use milk because my hookah tastes good, not like moldy a$$..

But thanks alot guys.

• 3 weeks later...