Help Me Out

yothisisit

QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 27 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
less coals, or break it up.

Yup, you might also wanna make sure you're using good coals. Some coals have given me headaches in the past... all I use now is three kings, I'm gonna move to naturals once I get enough free cash for a hot plate.

Also might wanna make sure you drink/eat enough... smoking seems to help dehydration which can cause pretty bad headaches.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 27 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, you might also wanna make sure you're using good coals. Some coals have given me headaches in the past... all I use now is three kings, I'm gonna move to naturals once I get enough free cash for a hot plate.

Also might wanna make sure you drink/eat enough... smoking seems to help dehydration which can cause pretty bad headaches.

I believe you hit it right on the spot. Always drink a good juice, tea , or water or hell even your fav brew. Having a full stomach is also good too. Coals can always play a role in it also. What kind are you using?

haha that makes hella sence cus i get soo hungree after it

QUOTE (waterboi @ Feb 27 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe you hit it right on the spot. Always drink a good juice, tea , or water or hell even your fav brew. Having a full stomach is also good too. Coals can always play a role in it also. What kind are you using?

the ones that give me major head achs seem to be odorless hookah coals made by fumari its a store that makes them i bet they are cheap as fuck and the ones that make my throut burn are dogo those are cheap as fuck to my bro got a 2 packs that had like 20 of them for 6 dollers i think its dogo the G looks like a 6 so idk what do u think i should get? and maybe the coal is too hot? maybe i should put some cold water in there? what do u guys say about water or what do u think i should put in there

ps u guys are great help

QUOTE (yothisisit @ Feb 28 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the ones that give me major head achs seem to be odorless hookah coals made by fumari its a store that makes them i bet they are cheap as fuck and the ones that make my throut burn are dogo those are cheap as fuck to my bro got a 2 packs that had like 20 of them for 6 dollers i think its dogo the G looks like a 6 so idk what do u think i should get? and maybe the coal is too hot? maybe i should put some cold water in there? what do u guys say about water or what do u think i should put in there

ps u guys are great help

Ouch, whether it's two packs of 20 (40) or two packs with a total of 20 coals you're getting ripped off pretty bad methinks. The only way to buy coals is by the box. Down at the local mediterranean mart I get a box of 100 three kings coals for $11.

About the base, just use cool tap water, add ice or milk or really anything you want... most anything will be fine honestly. Your problem is quite probably a mix of not drinking enough, and having bad coals.

Basically, always have a drink of something when you smoke, and buy a box of three kings at a local store or online and you should be A-OK.

Oh, one thing I think we all missed! Make sure that you let the coals sit on a pan or on the tray on your hookah after you light them. Basically just wait a few minutes until there's no black left on the coals (or until they're slightly ashed over)... blowing on them seems to help speed that up a bit.
If you just light them and put them on the bowl right away, or just set them on the bowl and light them then all the chemicals coating them to help ignite them will go right through your shisha, ruining the flavor, and possibly posing health problems for you.

Hope this helps Hookah.gif

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 28 2008, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (yothisisit @ Feb 28 2008, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ps u guys are great help

Ouch, whether it's two packs of 20 (40) or two packs with a total of 20 coals you're getting ripped off pretty bad methinks. The only way to buy coals is by the box. Down at the local mediterranean mart I get a box of 100 three kings coals for $11.

About the base, just use cool tap water, add ice or milk or really anything you want... most anything will be fine honestly. Your problem is quite probably a mix of not drinking enough, and having bad coals.

Basically, always have a drink of something when you smoke, and buy a box of three kings at a local store or online and you should be A-OK.

Oh, one thing I think we all missed! Make sure that you let the coals sit on a pan or on the tray on your hookah after you light them. Basically just wait a few minutes until there's no black left on the coals (or until they're slightly ashed over)... blowing on them seems to help speed that up a bit.
If you just light them and put them on the bowl right away, or just set them on the bowl and light them then all the chemicals coating them to help ignite them will go right through your shisha, ruining the flavor, and possibly posing health problems for you.

Hope this helps Hookah.gif

yea i wasnt doing that Edited by yothisisit

Yup, one it depends on if you're hydrated and have food in ya, two is the coals. I just started using this one brand of natural coals and its been giving me horrid 8hr+ headaches. I found out it was my ventilation, too many coals putting off too much CO, and sometimes not having them lit thoroughly.

hope this adds to it and helps in some way

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 28 2008, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, one it depends on if you're hydrated and have food in ya, two is the coals. I just started using this one brand of natural coals and its been giving me horrid 8hr+ headaches. I found out it was my ventilation, too many coals putting off too much CO, and sometimes not having them lit thoroughly.

hope this adds to it and helps in some way

i see yea i think the coal was soo hot it was burnning the hookah so it wouldnt let me smoke the hookah just the coal so should i no put the coal in the stove till its full red

QUOTE (yothisisit @ Feb 28 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see yea i think the coal was soo hot it was burnning the hookah so it wouldnt let me smoke the hookah just the coal so should i no put the coal in the stove till its full red

The coal burning the hookah? You mean the shisha?

Despite sitting here for the last ten minutes re-reading your post, I honestly can't understand what you're trying to say in the rest of it. Perhaps it would help if you used sentences rather than just a mass of jumbled words and ideas?

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 28 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Despite sitting here for the last ten minutes re-reading your post, I honestly can't understand what you're trying to say in the rest of it. Perhaps it would help if you used sentences rather than just a mass of jumbled words and ideas?

U.S. we call the tobacco shisha and the pipe hookah, the rest of the world its visa-versa, from what I've gathered up...

try breaking the coal into halves or thirds and spread them around on top of the bowl. That might help. And yes, the coal should be red hot

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Feb 28 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 28 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U.S. we call the tobacco shisha and the pipe hookah, the rest of the world its visa-versa, from what I've gathered up...

haha yea the shisha i just call it hookah cus evey 1 at my school knows it as hookah but yea

o yea how bad is shisha for u some girl said its worse then ciggs and iv heard its like .01 nicateen or how ever u spell it is it bad for the throut as well?

try breaking the coal into halves or thirds and spread them around on top of the bowl. That might help. And yes, the coal should be red hot

.01 nicotine? No idea where you would have heard that. On the shisha boxes themselves it tells you the nicotine content, generally .05% or .5% depending on the brand (washed/unwashed).

We get this question on the forums at least once a week anymore. Smoking is bad for you, period. Really any negative health effects related to cigarettes can be applied to hookah as well, and those effects may or may not be less severe in hookah than cigarettes. Basically we don't know for sure how hookah compares to cigarettes, mainly because there haven't been any studies without major flaws in them.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 28 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.01 nicotine? No idea where you would have heard that. On the shisha boxes themselves it tells you the nicotine content, generally .05% or .5% depending on the brand (washed/unwashed).

We get this question on the forums at least once a week anymore. Smoking is bad for you, period. Really any negative health effects related to cigarettes can be applied to hookah as well, and those effects may or may not be less severe in hookah than cigarettes. Basically we don't know for sure how hookah compares to cigarettes, mainly because there haven't been any studies without major flaws in them.

how much nicotine is in ciggs? generally and the thing u can buy for ur hookah that takes away nicotine u think that works? and if u wash it it takes some out?? tell me more please

QUOTE (yothisisit @ Feb 28 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much nicotine is in ciggs? generally and the thing u can buy for ur hookah that takes away nicotine u think that works? and if u wash it it takes some out?? tell me more please

Not sure how much is in cigs, I don't smoke them usually.

I have no idea about something that takes nicotine away, unless you mean filter or something... not sure if they decrease nicotine though. I would have no use for such things anyhow... I like high nicotine content because it gives me a little buzz wink.gif

And what I meant by washed/unwashed is that there are two types of shisha: The washed, and the unwashed. Washed has lower nicotine content around .05% (brands like layalina, al waha, al fakher are washed). Unwashed shisha has much higher nicotine (.5%), and therefore a lot more buzz for newer smokers (brands like Nakhla and Tangiers are unwashed)

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 28 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (yothisisit @ Feb 28 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure how much is in cigs, I don't smoke them usually.

I have no idea about something that takes nicotine away, unless you mean filter or something... not sure if they decrease nicotine though. I would have no use for such things anyhow... I like high nicotine content because it gives me a little buzz wink.gif

And what I meant by washed/unwashed is that there are two types of shisha: The washed, and the unwashed. Washed has lower nicotine content around .05% (brands like layalina, al waha, al fakher are washed). Unwashed shisha has much higher nicotine (.5%), and therefore a lot more buzz for newer smokers (brands like Nakhla and Tangiers are unwashed)

whats the nicotine even do , do u no? besides gets u a buzz Edited by yothisisit

Nicotine gives the relaxed effect. It sends endorphins into your blood stream that cause your muscles to relax and your mind to go the slightest bit hazy. It is the addictive element in ciggs. Ciggs have up to 12% nicotine per gram of tobacco (usually it is less at 4-6%). With shisha it is far less and more difficult to become addicted physically. This is all from what I gather from research and my own experience.

I forgot this thread existed, most likely because I formed a mental block against it when someone tried to measure the amount of nicotine present in shisha in mL. Watf?

Should we start measuring our height in kilos as well? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Mar 2 2008, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicotine gives the relaxed effect. It sends endorphins into your blood stream that cause your muscles to relax and your mind to go the slightest bit hazy. It is the addictive element in ciggs. Ciggs have up to 12% nicotine per gram of tobacco (usually it is less at 4-6%). With shisha it is far less and more difficult to become addicted physically. This is all from what I gather from research and my own experience.

so shisha has 4-6% and ciggs have 12%??