New Mya Qt, Help!

Hi Guys

Yesterday I recived my Mya QT from shisha-world. I'll post a review shortly later, but for now I have a question which I would really like answered.

I brought this style of QT:

http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showdeta...emyaqt.box,.htm

I believe in the USA its called the C class?

The QT looks beautiful on the outside, but on the inside its a different story. The inside of the stem looks very rough! Like its coated with sand. Here's some pictures to show you:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/m...QT/DSC01042.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/m...T/DSC010432.jpg

I've been reading on the net, and some people say that all Mya's look like that. But I wonder if it's true? And specifically are other QT classes better?

The online shop also sell this class of QT:

http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,showdeta....drahtkorb,.htm

In the US its called the 'S' class.

What I would really like to know is if the Mya QT S class looks the same inside as the C class?

I've read that the S class is easier to clean, is this because it doesn't have the rough texture? Cause if thats true, I might try to purchase that type of stem. Cleaning the C class was a nightmare, my stem cleaning brush almost got stuck inside! I reckon that with the rough texture, the C class will pickup a lot of shisha tobacco juice and over time that could affect my smoking experience sad.gif

So should I try to get an S class stem? Are they smoother? Please help guys sad.gif Edited by manic007

Shisha-fan have you had your QT for long? I'm worried what will happen to mine a few months down the line; there could be a build up of residue. I like to try out new tobacco flavours, so I need to keep my shisha clean. Shisha-fan, have you ever changed flavours and noticed the old one still lingers in your QT, even after you've cleaned it?

QUOTE (manic007 @ Jan 18 2008, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shisha-fan have you had your QT for long? I'm worried what will happen to mine a few months down the line; there could be a build up of residue. I like to try out new tobacco flavours, so I need to keep my shisha clean. Shisha-fan, have you ever changed flavours and noticed the old one still lingers in your QT, even after you've cleaned it?

i don`t have a qt, i have a mya bohemian. but the core has the same sort of roughness as in your picture.

Thanks for the replies guys, its bringing me 'ole confidence back!

But I'd love to hear from someone who owns the S class - just to compare.

I wish Mushrat would give his 2 cents worth - doesn't he own/work at a hookah lounge (hookahbliss)? He must know if there's any difference!

I smoke my QT daily with Mintos. I did run a nasty ass batch of Nakhla Melon though it yesterday. Holly simple ran water in it and did a light brusing with a babby bottle brush on that rough part on the inside. The hose still tasted like crap for a couple bowls but the second hose did not have any taste from the Melon so I will say the hose held some flavor but the rough QT inside was fine.

Don`t sweat it and enjoy that great hookah.

Oh and yes we sell them amost daily here in the shop and they are always fine. I have never had anyone say Hey It holds flavor. When I wash it out i just rub my finger in there to break anything up wheile I run water in it for a couple passes and its gooooood.

QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Jan 19 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smoke my QT daily with Mintos. I did run a nasty ass batch of Nakhla Melon though it yesterday. Holly simple ran water in it and did a light brusing with a babby bottle brush on that rough part on the inside. The hose still tasted like crap for a couple bowls but the second hose did not have any taste from the Melon so I will say the hose held some flavor but the rough QT inside was fine.

Oh and yes we sell them amost daily here in the shop and they are always fine. I have never had anyone say Hey It holds flavor. When I wash it out i just rub my finger in there to break anything up wheile I run water in it for a couple passes and its gooooood.

Thanks devil, you've put me at ease smile.gif It sure is a great hookah, easily the best I've smoked through - but maybe that says more about me than the pipe biggrin.gif I hope i have many good years with it smile.gif

QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Jan 19 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you sure love your mintos ^^ how does it taste?

QUOTE (manic007 @ Jan 18 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish Mushrat would give his 2 cents worth - doesn't he own/work at a hookah lounge (hookahbliss)? He must know if there's any difference!

I believ, and this is just from memory and nothing else since i don't have any of the second class in stock, that they are pretty much all the same and that the roughness is just part of the casting as was said above. Nothing to worry about.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 19 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believ, and this is just from memory and nothing else since i don't have any of the second class in stock, that they are pretty much all the same and that the roughness is just part of the casting as was said above. Nothing to worry about.

Sweet cheers Mush, and everyone else. Its been 3 days, and man this QT is the best hookah I've ever smoked smile.gif but . . . I've ordered an AF hookah (I know, stupid aren't I?). So, it might have some competition!

QUOTE (manic007 @ Jan 19 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 19 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet cheers Mush, and everyone else. Its been 3 days, and man this QT is the best hookah I've ever smoked smile.gif but . . . I've ordered an AF hookah (I know, stupid aren't I?). So, it might have some competition!

heh, well lets see..one mouth, two nostrils, i'd say you can still smoke one more hookah!

But seriously, and thiscoming from a guy with 7 hookahs, sometimes you want something small nd compact and sometimes you just wanna bring out something fancy, it's good to have choices.. wink.gif

Myas have a great reputation, I have never heard anyone knock them. I have a Mya Gyro and just for laughs will probably pick up a QT one day as everyone says only good about them.

It has all stainless steel interior and that is the best due to it not picking up odors or bad taste and it cleans like a whistle every time.

No worries, just enjoy it happily my friend.