Khalil Mamoon And Magdy Zidan

QUOTE (Bryantos @ Jan 15 2008, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, looks like shes controlling you.

She's giving you permission to spend your money?

Hahahaha.

And yes, they're both egyptian hookahs.

We're getting married in less than 3 months and have been together now for almost 4 years. I like to choose my battles. Of course I could go out and buy it without mentioning it... but would I want to deal with her response when she discovers that I spent money on another hookah and not save it for the wedding???? HELL NO.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 15 2008, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oolatec @ Jan 14 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bryantos @ Jan 14 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, looks like shes controlling you.

She's giving you permission to spend your money?

Hahahaha.

And yes, they're both egyptian hookahs.

At least he has permission to smoke in the house... wink.gif

Yeah, lucky duck.

Thanks. I do consider myself lucky... Especially after a time that Eric and one of his associates came over for a Tangiers fest... His associate was doing some heat management and pinched a coal a little too hard with the tongs... The coal exploded and created 7 or 8 small - medium sized burns and holes in the carpet.

No woman should have to give you permission if you are spending a modest amount of money on something you truly enjoy. Maybe I am spoiled now by Czech women who are tough but who leave you alone on these matters. What is important to them is how you treat them (NOT how much money you spend on them but how you treat them), if you're faithful, and attitude towards your kids. Solid values, the rest they could give a hang about and are happy if it makes you happy.

I have a motorcycle. If my woman said 'me or the bike', there's the door sweetie. It's a question of freedom and infringing on someone's rights. I treat women VERY well and would do anything for them. But I respect what is important to them and would never interfere with something they considered vital to them (even if I don't think it's as vital), and expect the same back.

Interesting post Jerrysalem. That's a nice understanding that you have between you and your woman. I also agree with you about not having to have "persmission" to spend. Are you married or dating the woman? My fiancee and I have discussed finances early on in our relationship, and now with marriage around the corner finances is a subject that is being brought up more and more. We are funding the entire wedding out of pocket, because both of our parents aren't in the position to throw down for it. Our wedding budget is about $15,000... ontop of wanting to buy a house, ontop of making Social Worker wages.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, Open Sesame does hook it up. The other night, I went to check it out after reading this thread specially since it's not even far from me. I finally got to see the KMs everyone talks about, they are amazing. The owner's son invited me to the back of the store to try his KM out, that thing pulls so easy. I told him im def gonna come back to get one.
They have a large selection of Al Fakher, Layalina, and Starbuzz. They sell SB for 19.99 and like 16-17 bucks each if you get two.
Then as I pulled out my wallet to pay for a couple Al Fakher packs I picked out, he told me "don't worry about it, its on us"............SWEET.
If I knew someone was going to return to buy a $90 pipe, I would also def let them take home a couple packs of shisha that cost less than $10 total.
Now I just gotta get budget clearance from the wife(not permission, she knows how much $ we have, I have no idea) to get my KM. Cant wait to get a new pipe thats not tarnished by Double Apples, AKA "Licorice Apple." dry.gif Edited by awrone

QUOTE (jerrysalem @ Jan 15 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a motorcycle. If my woman said 'me or the bike', there's the door sweetie.

If you're married it is more like "'the bike' or half your paycheck when I divorce your ass." Now my wife would not put me in a situation like that. I will not say my wife gives me permission but I have the curitousy to speak with her about any purchase for an entertainment or hobbie item. I am a big fan of looking as everything as being ours not mine and her's even money. Edited by loanshark

QUOTE (awrone @ Feb 1 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, Open Sesame does hook it up. The other night, I went to check it out after reading this thread specially since it's not even far from me. I finally got to see the KMs everyone talks about, they are amazing. The owner's son invited me to the back of the store to try his KM out, that thing pulls so easy. I told him im def gonna come back to get one.
They have a large selection of Al Fakher, Layalina, and Starbuzz. They sell SB for 19.99 and like 16-17 bucks each if you get two.
Then as I pulled out my wallet to pay for a couple Al Fakher packs I picked out, he told me "don't worry about it, its on us"............SWEET.
If I knew someone was going to return to buy a $90 pipe, I would also def let them take home a couple packs of shisha that cost less than $10 total.
Now I just gotta get budget clearance from the wife(not permission, she knows how much $ we have, I have no idea) to get my KM. Cant wait to get a new pipe thats not tarnished by Double Apples, AKA "Licorice Apple." dry.gif

So you live in the Phoenix area too? That's cool that Open Sesame would lower the SB price if you bought 2. They are probably having a little hard time selling them since it's a $$$ shisha. I went there the day after they got their first shipment of SB and they pulled them all off the counter and opened every single one individually to let me sample smell them. Very cool family owns that store.

Good for you that they are throwing in some shisha. I find that they can be negotiated with and you could probably get the pipe less than $90.00.

Random: I just smoked out of my KM last night again. Tried an AF Watermelon / Pharoah's Honey Dew mix, and boy that was damn good!

QUOTE (loanshark @ Feb 1 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jerrysalem @ Jan 15 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a motorcycle. If my woman said 'me or the bike', there's the door sweetie.

If you're married it is more like "'the bike' or half your paycheck when I divorce your ass." Now my wife would not put me in a situation like that. I will not say my wife gives me permission but I have the curitousy to speak with her about any purchase for an entertainment or hobbie item. I am a big fan of looking as everything as being ours not mine and her's even money.

Agreed

lol... I own the hookahs and run the fiances in the house.... my BF couldn't keep his head above water if I didn't run everything.... Plus - I make more than he does

reading your responces to all this is wack guys smile.gif

But now I'm down to making the choice... MZ or KM... taxes just came in! Edited by lazria

QUOTE (MrMoodz @ Feb 1 2008, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you live in the Phoenix area too? That's cool that Open Sesame would lower the SB price if you bought 2. They are probably having a little hard time selling them since it's a $$ shisha. I went there the day after they got their first shipment of SB and they pulled them all off the counter and opened every single one individually to let me sample smell them. Very cool family owns that store.

Good for you that they are throwing in some shisha. I find that they can be negotiated with and you could probably get the pipe less than $90.00.

Random: I just smoked out of my KM last night again. Tried an AF Watermelon / Pharoah's Honey Dew mix, and boy that was damn good!

Yeah, Im actually in the planning/study process of opening a lounge in Tempe ASU area. Same here, the guy was opening and smelling the Starbuzz flavors with me. SB smells so sweet! Ill see what deal I can get for the KM.
Before trying the new flavors, I gotta clean out my current hookahs to see if I can get that acrid licorice smell out of it. Im getting a new hose, I dont want to bother cleaning it. Anyone wanna PM me any cleaning suggestions/substances used for the pipe? Just dont want to get this thread off topic. Edited by awrone

QUOTE (MrMoodz @ Jan 2 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fiancée finally gave the green light for another hookah. When I saw Rayver's hookaholic anonymous video I was cracking up pretty hard! Do any of your significant others not understand how important hookah is to you?? Well last night we were out driving and she said Rob... I know you've been wanting another hookah and I think it's fine if you were to pick up a new one. I couldn't believe those words came out of her mouth!

I'm going hookah shopping this week with Christmas money and I'm going to pick up a Khalil Mamoon or a Magdy Zidan hookah locally. I've heard a lot about the KM hookahs but not so much about the MZ. I know both brands are popular and seem reliable.

If you were to go with a brand which one would it be??

huh.gif

Any feedback would be appreciated!

biggrin.gif

Dude, you need to take control of your life, seriously. If you have to 'ask permission' of your fiance now, before you are married, wait until later. I am on my third wife and I honestly, truly, absolutely thought I would never ever split up. Seriously, SERIOUSLY advice a prenup in your situation. I would be retired by now if I had not let my guard down.

QUOTE (jerrysalem @ Feb 1 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MrMoodz @ Jan 2 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fiancée finally gave the green light for another hookah. When I saw Rayver's hookaholic anonymous video I was cracking up pretty hard! Do any of your significant others not understand how important hookah is to you?? Well last night we were out driving and she said Rob... I know you've been wanting another hookah and I think it's fine if you were to pick up a new one. I couldn't believe those words came out of her mouth!

I'm going hookah shopping this week with Christmas money and I'm going to pick up a Khalil Mamoon or a Magdy Zidan hookah locally. I've heard a lot about the KM hookahs but not so much about the MZ. I know both brands are popular and seem reliable.

If you were to go with a brand which one would it be??

huh.gif

Any feedback would be appreciated!

biggrin.gif

Dude, you need to take control of your life, seriously. If you have to 'ask permission' of your fiance now, before you are married, wait until later. I am on my third wife and I honestly, truly, absolutely thought I would never ever split up. Seriously, SERIOUSLY advice a prenup in your situation. I would be retired by now if I had not let my guard down.

Jerry I appreciate your comment and I am in control of my life. I read your PM a while back and thanks for sharing your opinion.

QUOTE (lazria @ Feb 1 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol... I own the hookahs and run the fiances in the house.... my BF couldn't keep his head above water if I didn't run everything.... Plus - I make more than he does

But now I'm down to making the choice... MZ or KM... taxes just came in!

How many fiances DO you have in the house? wink.gif

QUOTE (lazria @ Feb 1 2008, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But now I'm down to making the choice... MZ or KM... taxes just came in!

How many fiances DO you have in the house? wink.gif

Maple mentioned the Oracle... here's the "Premium" version:

http://www.shopping.socialsmoke.com/item--...kah--SS18L.html

They also have, under the Premium Bohemian section, the same pipe... a few different colors, and nicer looking (at least IMO) bases... check them out... smile.gif

http://www.shopping.socialsmoke.com/cat--P...ianhookahs.html