Generic Syrians (All Non Name Brand)

Patzke

cool.gif Talk about cool! I love this thing.

I just bought myself a 26" Syrian: Gold and Green.
The hookah costed me: $100 (well, $99, actually.)
Was it worth it?: Yes
How many hoses is it?: Origionaly 1. I had it 'converted' into a 2 hoser. Can convert back to 1 in seconds.

Got it last Friday, and I'm already in love. tongue.gif

So just like everyone else says, it's one of the best hookah expense they've made. Coming from a Mya Bambino this thing is absolutly great. As of right now I give this hookah a 10/10 in all areas.

As you can see from the above picture, this thing is absolutly gorgeous. THE best Hookah I've ever seen. Beleive it or not, it smokes just as swell as it looks - if not better! The hose that you see there is an upgrade from the hose that comes with it. I havn't smoked from a Nammor Hose, but all I can say is that this thing is KILLER. This hose is AWESOME!

Stability/Sturdyness: This Hookah is built very, very sturdy, and you can tell just by pickin' the thing up for the first time. It's very solid, but not deathly heavy. It breaks up into basicly 6 differn't peices; and I can make it fit into my old Mya Bambino case. The thing is a tank, with the 76" hose that I have, I havn't been able to knock/pull it over.

Vase details, sorry that it's 'washed' out. One thing I was worried about the vase when i bought it was: I was affraid i wouldn't be able to see the water level inside, and i would have a tough time filling it - I was wrong. Water is clearly seen, and smoke 'build up' too.

Stem Detail:

Those are close ups of the stem - sorry thats as clear as I could get them... You can still see the color, and detail of it.
Beautiful if you ask me. rolleyes.gif

Again, very sturdy, NO leaks.

For those of you that care, this is the SMALL phunnel on my new Syrian, fits and smokes wonderful.

Heres a picture of how the Custom (upgrade) hose fits into the origional port. Fits very nicly, no leaking, doesn't fall out, and doesn't pull the hookah over.

Some custom hose detail. cool.gif

My overall satisfaction with my new 'machine' is 10/10. And if I could do 11/10, I would. For the price of this thing - you can't beat it, a solid, leak-free, good looking, good smoking hookah - you can't go wrong with this Syrian. Edited by mushrat

[b] 26" Syrian[/b]

I tried it out by myslef with a small phunnel and mod and with a group of friends with the medium phunnel and the mod , then again with a couple people with the small phunnel without the mod . It was some of the best sessions I have had. It was great all the ways I tried.

BUILD: The base is very thick and heavy. Feels as if I could survive a hard fall. The stem is solid brass and very heavy. All together I give this a 10 for build.

LOOKS: The looks of this thing are very nice and sexy. The base is hand painted and stem is gorgeous. It is also adjustable with removing or adding extra stem pieces.

Smoke: Out preformed all hookahs I have had a chance to try. The pulls are very easy and makes smoking so enjoyable with little effort. I had very thick clouds through all sessions.

In all this is the best hookah I have owned and smoked out of. I highly recommend this piece for anyone looking to upgrade or to just get a new hookah. This is my best hookah I have purchased and well worth the money.The best money can buy. I give this hookah a def 10/10. Does not come up short in any areas.

Pics with just two stem pieces and with three stem pieces
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8687/newsyrian017st3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5500/newsyrian014he2.jpg[/img]
The base
[img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4131/newsyrian002pj2.jpg[/img]
The common chamber heart
[img]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2166/newsyrian001wa5.jpg[/img]
A close-up of the Stem
[img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/113/newsyrian022ma9.jpg[/img] Edited by Stuie

[b] 29\" 3-tone Syrian[/b]

Well I have had a chance to smoke this bad boy quite a few times. I have tested it with several different brands of tobacco; Al Amir, Nakhla, Al Fakher, Layalina, and Golden Al Fakher. I also used it in different circumstances; by myself, with a group of friends, etc. Lastly, I used different set-ups; Funnel bowls, standard bowls, regular hoses, nammor hoses, etc.

No matter the situation, no matter the circumstances, this Syrian works exceptionally well; Id go as far as to say the best I have had (I have been to several hookah bars as well as smoked from my friends hookahs). Ill review it in categories and make it as straight forward as possible.

BUILD:
This thing is built very well. It weights 6.4 pounds without bowl, hose, etc. Its a monster. Solid brass construction with very larger interior diameter and the down stem is the largest I have ever seen, 1/2\" in diameter. The Vase is thick and can probably be dropped \"on accident\" from a small distance and not break. All in All, BUILD is a 10.

LOOKS:
This Syrian is nothing short of amazing. The 3-tone looks incredible and has a very unique but sophisticated quality to it. The vase is hand painted with delicate details and is extremely nice. All in all, LOOKS it gets a 8.5 (Im not a HUGE fan of green, lol)

SMOKING QUALITY:
This is where this Syrian shines. Hookahs can look great and maybe even be built great, that does not mean they will smoke great. Well, this one does. The draw is EFFORTLESS, its like breathing with an oxygen mask on, its ridiculous. I kind of believe smoke thickness matters more on shisha/heat but I have always had hella thick clouds with this. The smoke chamber in the vase is very larger, so along with the effortless draw, the clouds I can blow with this are Hurricane status, enormous clouds. All in all, SMOKING QUALITY gets a 10 out of 10. Its unbelievable.

[b] 26" Gray Syrian[/b]

This is my first hookah, and I must say that it is a beast compared to the ones owned by my friends.

[img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/murphym0/Picture005.jpg[/img]
The stem comes apart into three pieces, which when put together are very solid and sturdy. It's also great to be able to take about 4"-5" off of the total height if you want a little more portability. According to the website I bought it from it's solid brass. The purge valve works, too, which is great because the valves on my friends' hookahs don't. 5/5

[img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/murphym0/Picture006.jpg[/img]
The base is beautiful. The gray glass matches very will with the gold paint, and it looks great when filled with smoke. The glass seems thick, although I don't have an eye for this yet so it's kind of hard to tell exactly how thick it is. It has a nice heft to it, though. 5/5

[img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/murphym0/100_0520.jpg[/img]
It smokes like a dream. I bought a med phunnel bowl to go with it, and I've never used a phunnel before, but when I manage to get it going well during a session the smoke is super thick. The pull is also quite easy, despite not having a nammor or equivalent hose. I will be purchasing a nammor in the near future, though.

My rating, 10/10. It's great for its price; I love the way it looks; And, once I get the phunnel bowl down consistently, it's going to smoke better than anything else I've had. I just love it. Edited by Stuie

• 3 weeks later...

I mixed and matched parts.

Like the title says, this hookah is solid. I don't know how much the solid brass stem weighs, but it would make a deadly weapon if need be. I have owned Myas and Egyptians but nothing was as great of quality as this pipe. I could probably snap a Mya or Egyptian stem in half with my hands.

The stem breaks into four pieces. The heart has 4 holes in the bottom plate.

This Syrian smokes beautifully. Better then any other pipe I have smoked. Sorry KM and MZ fan boys, this one tops them all.

Sorry about the phone pics, my camera is broken.

I give this hookah a 10/10. A serious 10 out of 10. Not one of those OMG BEST PIPE EVA 1010101010101!!#4@ ratings...

Looks, smoke quality, and over all quality are top notch. My search is over. Edited by mushrat

• 2 weeks later...

I got this pipe from smoking-hookah, and it was my first narguile. I chose it based on aesthetic design, before I found this site and when I still knew very little about hookahs; the wooden stem appealed to me, and I still love the style of this hookah.

The heart chamber is well made, featuring 4 holes for smoke intake. There is a slight leak in the purge valve, and if the stem is not screwed perfectly into the heart chamber, there is a small leak in their meeting as well.

It smokes well, though without autoseal when I adapt it to a 2-hose we have to hold our thumbs over the hoses, which is annoying when you have new smokers in a loud room, and you have to patomime to them.

The base was poorly painted, and as you can see in the pictures it has worn away considerably. There is also some oxidization at the top of the stem and in the metal head, despite rigorous cleaning and drying.

I give this hookah a 9/10 for aesthetic style, a 6/10 for smokability, and a 5/10 for durability and maintainability.

7/10 Overall.

For relativity, I rate the Mya Bambino 9/10, the "Bogus Glyph" 3/10, and the Min i Edited by gaia.plateau

This hookah is just amazing. The quality if this piece is top notch and very well built. I have had this hookah for over a month now and it has got many uses. Smoke is great and everything is air tight and fits well together.

The base it self is very thick and heavy and looks really nice IMO. Probably could drop it and not worry about it busting but I won't test it that far. If it happens on accident I will update. tongue.gif And the stem fits all the way snug. I just didnt push it down enough on the base.

The stem is solid brass and heavy . Nice detail work on the stem and everything fits together very well.

The heart of this hookah is very different from others I have seen. You can remove the brass center stem inside the heart for easier cleaning.
This is a pic with the stem piece and shaft out of the heart

Here is a pic with the center piece of the heart screwed back in place

Just a couple random pics

• 2 weeks later...
This is a 26" Syrian Silver and Clear. The stem breaks down into 3 pieces and has an open heart. I really enjoy this Hookah. Very easy to set up, and clean.

Appearance: 9/10
Excellent craftsmanship and etching in the downstem and a very good plating. Vase is hand painted, has some minor flaws as to be expected on a Hookah like this. Not a big set back by any means. Very nice looking Hookah with the silver and clear colors.

Functionality: 9/10
The only thing I do not like is the smaller hose port, but I can still use my Nammor hose. The amount of water put in makes this a very sturdy Hookah. Smokes like a dream with a Phunnel or regular clay head. My favorite right now for a quick set up. Easy to assemble and take apart. The downstem grommet fits tight, and the stem is also very airtight.

Durability: 10/10 Vase and downstem are very well made, this will be around for a long time.

I definitely will be getting another one 3 hose with a Genie vase soon. Just waiting for one to arrive at the warehouse. These Hookahs are very well made and a great addition for the serious smokers. In my opinion the smoke and flavors come out much better in this Hookah compared to all my others.

Overall: 9/10 Great Hookah for the price.

This think is a monster, 29" looks small in pictures but it is really tall when you get close, thick clouds beautiful detailing and the draw is easy and smooth
Here are a couple of pics:

The vase- thick and good looking 10/10

Stem- brass, heavy as shit, and very decorative, had a problem with a leak but that was a easy fix 9.5/10

Cloud- hard to take a picture of but thick 10/10

overall I love this hookah it is beautiful and easy to get clouds of smoke, the hose port is a little small but my nammor still fits in so that doesn't bother me and I think thats it. 9.9/10 (not perfect but very very close)